Championship 2023/24

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Didn't we have a 100% record against Leeds when they were up last time? And Southampton always seemed a thorn in our side. I'd lean towards wanting Leeds up.

Edit: Just checked.

4 wins, 2 draws against Leeds when they were last promoted.

4 wins, 6 draws in our last 10 against Southampton.

Bowlcut11

I think I grew up just a little late to have this intense hatred for Leeds that most on here do.

I've only never known them as a small local club dwindling in lower leagues (bar one or two years of Smith/Kewell/Viduka when I was 7/8) so I've never viewed them as proper rivals.

For that reason, I'd like them up to give a bit of spice to 2 PL games next season! Both fans are always right up for it so makes for great atmosphere.

chris123

Absolutely massive game and a genuine 50/50 final. Feels particularly massive as you could make a very good case, the winner has the best chance of staying up next year. In fact, I'd probably bet money on one of these two sides staying up next year. Leicester are getting a points deduction, and there hasn't been a team worse set up for Premier League football than Ipswich if they lose their manager.

BorisManUtd

Didn't we have a 100% record against Leeds when they were up last time? And Southampton always seemed a thorn in our side. I'd lean towards wanting Leeds up.

Edit: Just checked.

4 wins, 2 draws against Leeds when they were last promoted.

4 wins, 6 draws in our last 10 against Southampton.
We've struggled against Southampton often over the years. Only lost 2 games (2 really similar 1-0 losses at OT in January 2015 and January 2016) but plenty of draws and other than that 9-0 win, almost all the other wins were like 3-2, 2-1, 1-0 with couple of comebacks after being 2-0 down.

Our record vs Leeds on the other hand has been good and some of our most entertaining and highest wins over last decade came vs them. Though they'll surely be desperate to change that if they win and get promoted today.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

This is a win-win for me today. I want Leeds fans to suffer some playoff final heartbreak but if they do get promoted then I will look forward to our games vs them a lot more than a Southampton fixture, especially as we always batter Leeds!

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Glad our game was yesterday in the beautiful sun. Rather than today’s rainy day.

DJ_21

Do they always do it where you’re shooting against your own fans in the 2nd half when at Wembley? Same thing happened yesterday with us. Shooting against opposition fans first half

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Do they always do it where you’re shooting against your own fans in the 2nd half when at Wembley? Same thing happened yesterday with us. Shooting against opposition fans first half
Don't know. Do they not have a coin toss in these games?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
They have set sides for home team and away team. Toin coss can of course change that.

Strangest Tribe

Anyone who wants Leeds promoted need to have a serious word with themselves, they’re nothing but fvcking pond life scum buckets. Can’t stand the twats and the further away from the Prem still isn’t far enough.. Cvnts and always will be

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Think at neutral venues you'd always want to treat it as much of a home game as possible so if you win the toss you choose to shoot towards your own fans in second half generally.

Adz_99

Very low quality. Both of these sides would struggle badly next season.

DJ_21

Poor counter from Leeds 4v2. They was lethal under bielsa in that position