Championship 2023/24

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
So Southampton’s dreams of an automatic promotion are over.

Leicester 44 +47 94
Leeds 44 +43 90
- - -
Ipswich 43 +32 89

Leicester:

Preston (A)
Blackburn (H)

Leeds:
OPR (A)
Southampton (H)

Ipswich:
Hull (A)
Coventry (A)
Huddersfield (H)

Last edited:

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
Fatawu is some player ….. he will go to a big club for big money.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Fatawu is some player ….. he will go to a big club for big money.
He blows very hot and cold though no? Will be very interested to see him next season in the prem. What a statement win tonight by the way, must be buzzing!

Ole'sgunnarwin

So Southampton’s dreams of an automatic promotion are over.

Leicester 44 +47 94
Leeds 44 +43 90
- - -
Ipswich 43 +32 89

Leicester:

Preston (A)
Blackburn (H)

Leeds:
OPR (A)
Southampton (A)

Ipswich:
Hull (A)
Coventry (A)
Huddersfield (H)
Leeds are at home to Southampton

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
He blows very hot and cold though no? Will be very interested to see him next season in the prem. What a statement win tonight by the way, must be buzzing!
He’s only just turned 20, so it’s expected.

He’s created 30 “big chances”, which is the most from any player since they started to record these stats in 15/16. If we could actually finish, we’d have walked this league weeks ago.

top1whoisman

Scout
Is Leicester promoted now?
Not yet. As it stands they need one win from their last two games. If Ipswich lose to Hull on Saturday, all Leicester need is one point from those two games. If Ipswich draw against Hull, two points is enough for Leicester.

Last edited:

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Not yet. As it stands they need one win from their last two games. If Ipswich lose to Hull on Saturday, all Leicester need is one point from those two games. If Ipswich draw against Hull, two points is enough for Leicester.
If Leeds lose at the weekend we are promoted too

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
If 3 clubs manage 90 points they should just skip the playoffs. Possible that a team gets promoted whilst being 20 points behind a club that didn't. That just doesn't make sense.

Pintu

If 3 clubs manage 90 points they should just skip the playoffs. Possible that a team gets promoted whilst being 20 points behind a club that didn't. That just doesn't make sense.
In Italy’s Serie B they have a threshold, it used to be 10 points, now 15 points margin the third needs to avoid playoff and get direct promotion.

“The top two teams are automatically promoted and the third place team is only automatically promoted if they are more than 14 points clear of the fourth placed team.

If the third place team is not more than 14 points clear of the fourth place team then the teams from third place to eighth place enter a play-off to decide the final promotion spot.”

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He’s only just turned 20, so it’s expected.

He’s created 30 “big chances”, which is the most from any player since they started to record these stats in 15/16. If we could actually finish, we’d have walked this league weeks ago.
Yeah, Daka being the main culprit. Think it was the Bristol City game that really shocked me how profligate you guys were for all your good play. Watching you against Bournemouth though, I can't imagine you'll have a problem staying up if you invest well.

whitbyviking

Yeah, Daka being the main culprit. Think it was the Bristol City game that really shocked me how profligate you guys were for all your good play. Watching you against Bournemouth though, I can't imagine you'll have a problem staying up if you invest well.
Will they have any money to invest with the ongoing FFP issues? Is there any chance of a transfer ban? I heard during the game a lot of players are out of contract too pending I think the commentators said the resolution of the FFP issues, could have been promotion.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Will they have any money to invest with the ongoing FFP issues? Is there any chance of a transfer ban? I heard during the game a lot of players are out of contract too pending I think the commentators said the resolution of the FFP issues, could have been promotion.
From what my my mate says, FFP shouldn't be an issue if they get promoted. It would be disastrous if they didn't. They still have some legacy contracts they will need to shift: Vardy, Ricardo, Nacho, Praet, Ndidi. They could probably also do well by shifting Daka, Vestergaard, Albrighton and Winks, but that might be a bit too many out the door.

https://x.com/SwissRamble/status/1777591285534089231

The accounts are pretty grim reading, but getting rid of the big contracts and sales could help.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Vardy, Iheanacho, Praet, Vestergaard, Albrighton and Ndidi are all out of contract, I would only offer Vardy and Ndidi contracts, the issue with contracts are the likes of Danny Ward who will apparently be on £75k a week should we get promoted

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
Too bad Hull beat Coventry. They still have a lot to play for tomorrow. A win for Ipswich would put them in such a strong position.

Red & White

Big 35 minutes this for QPR! Feel they may need one more goal to get something from this game, still.

Red & White

There’s the third goal for QPR! Leicester are coming back to the Premier League!

Munkehboi

Crazy league. If Southampton beat Leeds on the final day, Ipswich would only need 2 draws in their remaining 3 games to be promoted.

Yakuza_devils

Hope next year Kieran McKenna will do very well in PL. One for the future as Man Utd manager. He is performing miracle at Ipswich.