Championship 2023/24

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
At least it's still in our hands, Enzo could do with an experienced assistant right now

Red & White

At least it's still in our hands, Enzo could do with an experienced assistant right now
Yeah, absolutely crazy how this bottle job is nearly complete, though. I still feel if Leicester can beat Norwich on Monday, they can still take an automatic promotion place and maybe even still win it, looking at the fixtures. Ipswich have a tough run-in and surely Leeds can’t keep up this run (I know they drew yesterday).

Red & White

It’s like Leicester are cursed now. They’ve started this game the better side and still find themselves a goal down from nothing. plenty of time to play, mind.

Zen

Trust the team that gave us the greatest underdog story in history to do this level of potential collapse.

Red & White

There’s the equaliser! Very much deserved. Need to go on and win this by 2 or more now to put themselves right back in the mix.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
I don't want Norwich back up simply because they're a guaranteed 6 points for Liverpool every season.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
smart routine for their goal but its a blatant foul that officials have got to see. Second penalty shout probably is but its also one you're only getting via VAR as officials can't see that.

Keep feeding Abdul Fatawu and we'll win this

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Great win! Had a feeling they’d bounce back today and the fixtures from here on in are a little more ‘favourable‘. Now sit back and hope that Soton or Hull can get something today!
couple of mass brawls causing abandonments followed by the deduction of 40 points each won't hurt...

Chipper

Adulterer.
Haven't really followed the division too closely this season after Leicester's great start. I remember posting in this thread after around 14 or 15 games asking if they were as good as promoted already.

One thing I will say on them losing their advantage is that 2nd and 3rd look on course to do better than 2nd/3rd normally do. Didn't think they, or whoever comes up automatically in the end would have to register as many points as it looks like they will now need to seal promotion.

22/23 - 2nd 91, 3rd 80
21/22 - 2nd 88, 3rd 82
20/21 - 2nd 91, 3rd 87
19/20 - 2nd 83, 3rd 81
18/19 - 2nd 89, 3rd 83
17/18 - 2nd 90, 3rd 88
16/17 - 2nd 93, 3rd 85
15/16 - 2nd 89, 3rd 89
14/15 - 2nd 89, 3rd 86

3rd this season very likely to get 90-odd, pushing the top 2 much harder than usual. 85 points with 7 games remaining and Leicester would practically be there already in any of the past 10 seasons. All credit to Ipswich and Leeds (eugh) for keeping up the pressure.

Last edited:

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
The Southampton v Ipswich game is huge for both teams.
For Ipswich to be looking at back to back promotions without spending massive money is amazing.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I know he was born in Leicester but I just noticed that one of his middle names is Everton. !!
Ché Zach Everton Fred Adams (born 13 July 1996)
his dad was a big fan, I knew him when he was a nipper as I played in the same Sunday league side as his older brother as a kid