Championship 22/23

whitbyviking

Watched a few of the Middlesbrough games and something is just not clicking. Error prone at the back and wasting good chances/field position. If it starts to go right they'll be in the playoffs. Giles from Wolves is outstanding at that level.

Watford looked very good last night, aside from the Newcastle kit (strange to turn the TV on and see an Asprilla playing in black and white stripes, had 90s flashbacks). The front 2 of Sarr and Pedro look unstoppable at that level when they click.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Big game away to Stoke. If it's a loss I can see Martin being under serious pressure. It's a shame because the squad is significantly weaker than the one we ended last season with, and I really respect what he's trying to do.

Thiagoal

So Preston have played 7 and got eleven points! However they’ve only scored 2 goals all season and conceded NONE! Never known anything like it!!

matys

You'd think that a team that has scored just 2 goals in 7 matches must be on course to relegation, well not really if you haven't conceded at the same time :lol::lol::cool:

avgp_1

How close is it at this stage? Rotherham lost 0-3 today, end up in 12th. A win and they would have been 3rd (with a game in hand).

Alemar

So Preston have played 7 and got eleven points! However they’ve only scored 2 goals all season and conceded NONE! Never known anything like it!!
7 clean sheets in a row is impressive. Do they have any incarnations of beckenbauer and Baresi at CBs?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
First time I’m watching Burnley this season. The football Kompany has them playing is pretty impressive. Very un-Burnley like. Lovely to watch.

MUnchies

I am tired of Fulham, Bournemouth, Norwich, Burnley, Watford taking turns and getting promoted and relegated although Fulham this season look like a proper Premier League club. No one can step up in the championship to challenge them?

avgp_1

I am tired of Fulham, Bournemouth, Norwich, Burnley, Watford taking turns and getting promoted and relegated although Fulham this season look like a proper Premier League club. No one can step up in the championship to challenge them?
Sheffield United have got a quality squad imo and should push any of those teams.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
What a game that was!

I remember seeing that Asante on The Class of 92 documentary whilst on trial a few years ago at Salford in the National League - to think he could be playing in the Premier League next season is what dreams are made of!

Robbie Boy

What a game that was!

I remember seeing that Asante on The Class of 92 documentary whilst on trial a few years ago at Salford in the National League - to think he could be playing in the Premier League next season is what dreams are made of!
Yeah, was a cracking game!

The Championship is great.

Skills

Snitch
That's about as good as any PL game I've seen this season

footballbite

I am tired of Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Man Utd, Arsenal taking turns and getting in to the Champion's League although Spurs this season look like a proper Champion's League club. No one can step up in the Premier League to challenge them?

MUnchies

I am tired of Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Man Utd, Arsenal taking turns and getting in to the Champion's League although Spurs this season look like a proper Champion's League club. No one can step up in the Premier League to challenge them?
I am tired as well. I hope we step up and Challenge them but anyways when did Arsenal and Tottenham start making the champions league regularly? I know you are being sarcastic but still...

PoTMS

After a slow start, Norwich are back at the top of the table again. :boring:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
These clowns are going to yo-yo back up again, aren't they? Then Fulham next season, inevitably...

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Huddersfield have sacked Danny Schofield after just 9 games in charge
Unsurprising - was never going to fill the Carlos Corberan sized hole and they have had a shit start to the season.

They're paying massively for not backing Corberan when he asked them too after the play-off final.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Meanwhile in the championship

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
The third goal they conceded wasn't much better, they set up Piroe for a 1v1 in their own box :lol:

Edit:

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
What a roller-coaster season for us so far. 5 wins, 0 draws and 5 defeats, with excellent performances during all 5 of those wins, and terrible performances during 4 of those 5 defeats, with the only exception the home game against Stoke when we were unlucky to lose.

The inconsistency is a bit frustrating, but I then again it's better points-wise to win and lose games than rack up a lot of draws. When we were relegated in 2017 the problem was too many draws during the back of the end season.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Getting a nosebleed up in 6th.
Very tough run of games now, at least Cardiff is amongst that run so an easy three points and a breather.

Brucey will be gone any day now as well.
Still going

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Why are Norwich incapable of investing enough any time they come up? They're not short of fans as I'm aware - certainly not compared to some others. They must just have owners of modest means compared to other owners that come up?

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Our start to the season has been truly remarkable in a way; 7 wins, 0 draws and 6 defeats.

In 6 out of the 7 matches that we won, we were excellent. The exception was the win last week against Millwall was a pretty poor quality game all round.

In 5 out of the 6 matches that we lost, we were terrible. The exception was the defeat at home to Stoke when we were the better team and unlucky to lose.

I guess winning and losing is better than a string of draws. When we were relegated in 2017, the problem was basically too many draws during the run-in.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
After 4 wins on the bounce and confidence high, this was Swansea's worst performance of the season. 4-0 and a really woeful outing from the lads. Piroe getting a red while 4-0 down was just moronic, especially now that he'll be missing the Cardiff game. Dropping Darling for Naughton was a very questionable choice. Good season so far but a very frustrating day. Burnley play some great stuff under Kompany and I expected a loss just a shame it came with such a shoddy performance.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Felt great beating QPR after they celebrated against us last year like they won the world cup.

Norwich and then Watford up next. Big week ahead.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
A first away win for quite a while which was great to see, though we made it unnecessarily stressful for ourselves during the 2nd half. Thankfully Kaminski was excellent.

I was frustrated that we’d become a ‘nice’ team to play against on the road, trying to pass the ball out from the back, being far too open and looking vulnerable on the counter attack, lacking much needed ‘street smarts’ and grit etc.

I’m genuinely fascinated by our sequence of games without a draw, which is now at 20 league games and counting, with 10 wins and 10 defeats apiece. We’ve really struggled with the Saturday-Tuesday turnaround this season, so we’re probably due for a poor performance and a defeat against Sunderland next time out.

Man-United

Being top of the league after 14 games with 25 points must be a record for the lowest amount of points? Bad quality again in the championship?