Championship Playoff Final: Coventry v Luton

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Also, why would anyone want our beautiful boys slumming it down at Kenilworth Road?! Bet the Away changing room probably just has one shower and one shitter...

The Camera angle down there for whenever the ball is on the near touchline is rubbish too.

AndySmith1990

I want Coventry back up, only because it makes me more nostalgic and think back to my school days of collecting football stickers

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I'm old enough to remember Coventry in EPL. I'd like to see Luton this time, even though I think the league would be getting just another Norwich. I could see them getting stuck on the bottom of the table since the first day.
Whoa dude! You must be really old.

Red Star One

In Lutons case its more of a being shite tradition. Plus Luton is a kip where the leader of the English Defence League lives. Not sure of many far right connections apart from him. Milwall fans famously wrecked Lutons ground in the 1980s. It was the first all seater stadium in England and had a plastic pitch so Millwall fans invaded the pitch, ripped up the seats and threw them at the Luton fans.
I just watched some videos of that, 1980s was quite an era :lol:
Unfortunately, due to the multi-cultural aspect of the town it birthed the EDL (English Defence League) which is where a lot of the right-wing connotations are from. In reality, it's a very small aspect of the fanbase and from my opinion we're a very multi-cultural community. Add to that we play our games in a highly asian-populated area.
Fair enough, I don't think just the fact the EDL twat is from there is a reason to hate on entire fanbase

Moriarty

It'll be just like old times. Personally, I'd prefer Coventry as I've got many happy memories of trips to Highfield Road. Just as long as they don't bring back that chocolate-coloured strip that made them look like a bunch of animated Mars bars. Luton, less said about that place, the better. Went there a couple of times in the 1980s. One Sunday game we stuck 5 past them and on the way back to the station, some kid of about 14 started yellling at us to 'come on, let's 'ave yer' which raised a laugh. Have to admire his guts though. He's probably leading some right-wing group these days.

MegadrivePerson

Just relieved that it's not Watford/Norwich/West Brom coming back up!

I've got no preference between the two. If I had to choose I'd say Coventry though. It will give the Premier League a 90s feel playing Coventry again!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
United here
United there
United every fecking where mate
Just because you see United fans by you doesn't mean that's where we all come from.
I hear you. My bad man. I’ll choose my jokes more carefully next time.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Felt sorry for Carrick, but wow, what an achievement it would be for Mark Robins to be a PL manager. I think Luton might do them, however

Fully Fledged

I'm only bantering back buddy. No hard feelings.
I live in the West Midlands, if I had a pound for every time someone asked me why I don't support a local team I'd be outbidding Sir Jim. If I got annoyed every time it happened then I'd be wandering around with a constant glare on my face.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Say whatever you want mate as long as it's not racist/sexist/homophobic etc. It's just a forum, if someone don't like it, they can ignore.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I fancy Coventry to go up. Think whoever goes up will go back down though. They don’t have the budget or squad to compete in the prem.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'm only bantering back buddy. No hard feelings.
I live in the West Midlands, if I had a pound for every time someone asked me why I don't support a local team I'd be outbidding Sir Jim. If I got annoyed every time it happened then I'd be wandering around with a constant glare on my face.
Oh good. It’s hard to tell sometimes. And I totally get it. From the moment Abramovich took over Chelsea, telling people I support Chelsea was always met with ‘since when?’, obviously implying I could be a glory hunter. It used to annoy me for years until one day I started to laugh along or preempt the joke with my own joke :lol:

Fully Fledged

Oh good. It’s hard to tell sometimes. And I totally get it. From the moment Abramovich took over Chelsea, telling people I support Chelsea was always met with ‘since when?’, obviously implying I could be a glory hunter. It used to annoy me for years until one day I started to laugh along or preempt the joke with my own joke :lol:
All's good as far as I'm concerned.

Josh 76

I fancy Coventry to go up. Think whoever goes up will go back down though. They don’t have the budget or squad to compete in the prem.
The clubs in the PL must be loving it now. Only one team going down next season.

?
Sheffield Utd
Coventry/Luton

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Coventry - larger away section and an easy away day.

Luton - always a bit moody there but actually would they even be allowed to play their games at Kenilworth road?

I'd go with Coventry personally.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Love how people don't want our shitty stadium in the Pl. Probably the same people that snigger at a poor person who saved a long time to go to a 5* hotel buffet as a treat.

Football should be all about accomplishments and we're in the playoff final because we deserve to be.

Constantly punching above our weight despite having one of the lowest budgets in the top 2 divisions.

Lost bear

Luton is a sh*thole, but it's not London.
It certainly isn't. I lived near Luton when I was a kid, and regularly visted the palace that is Kenilworth Road.
'Tiptoe, through the Oak Road, with your meathook and your sawnoff shotgun...'
Luton is undoubtedly a shithole of a town, but without any of the pleasures of London.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I wouldn't mind either but would prefer Coventry.

Luton were in the top flight when I was a kid and it would be nice to have them back, especially as they went all the way down to non-league. I remember when they won the League Cup in the late 80s in a brilliant match too.

The artificial pitch at Kenilworth Road was awful back then. I think they banned away fans at one point after Millwall (or was it Chelsea?) rioted there.

I think the stadium is quirky. Maybe that's a nice way of saying shit, but it makes me smile thinking of it as a potential Premier League ground. I'll enjoy the complaining about it.

As I remember Luton in the top flight I must also remember Coventry in it, and their FA Cup final win around the same time Luton won the League Cup. Coventry were one of the teams with the longest uninterrupted spell in the top division at one point.

Lots of people have mentioned some of Coventry's classic players and I recall many of the same names.

What probably tips the balance for me is Mark Robins being the manager.

It's a nice story for them too going down the league's to be on the brink of

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Luton banned away fans and had a membership scheme to buy tickets. I know at least a couple of Reds who got memberships just for the one game.
City sang "we're not really here" at Kenny road in the 80s, that's where that song started.
Mal Donaghy Jimmy Ryan, Les Sealey Luton/United.
Great 70s and 80s kits.
MiGs

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Would people from Manchester say Burnley is in Manchester?

Or Ramsbottom?

What happens in Ramsbottom? Is @Rams from Ramsbottom?

So many questions

Ramsbottom

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Ramsbottom is posh North Bury.

Hopefully Luton come up, I love their ground. Does anyone know what the 10m is needed for? What needs changing in a couple of months that costs that much?

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I thought it was 20m to get it up to scratch? Apparently the money is there for it per the chairman.

poleglass red

Richard Keys is a Coventry fan, if they make it, it gives that hairy handed wee rat more reason to gloat

hp88

Also, why would anyone want our beautiful boys slumming it down at Kenilworth Road?! Bet the Away changing room probably just has one shower and one shitter...

The Camera angle down there for whenever the ball is on the near touchline is rubbish too.
They need to spend £10M on refurbishing the ground due to this, also need to build some sort of media area.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Ramsbottom is posh North Bury.

Hopefully Luton come up, I love their ground. Does anyone know what the 10m is needed for? What needs changing in a couple of months that costs that much?
Ramsbottom is Lancashire and has never been in Manchester, greater or otherwise, and Bury doesn't have a posh part