Championship Playoff Final: Coventry v Luton

Antni1987

Coventry for me 90s PL vibes.

Ramsbottom whilst looks pretty in areas isn’t posh. Don’t think anywhere in Bury is these days.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Coventry for me 90s PL vibes.

Ramsbottom whilst looks pretty in areas isn’t posh. Don’t think anywhere in Bury is these days.
I went to a pub there a few weeks ago. There were 3 cars in the car park - a BMW, a Jag and a Porsche. Ramsbottom is posh, alright.

VivaRonaldo85

Luton would be fascinating for a number of reasons, least alone being their ground which is probably no more than a league 1 to league 2 ground at the moment

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Luton would be fascinating for a number of reasons, least alone being their ground which is probably no more than a league 1 to league 2 ground at the moment
Coventry too, you wouldn’t know whether your playing in their ground one week or out in the car park the next.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I went to a pub there a few weeks ago. There were 3 cars in the car park - a BMW, a Jag and a Porsche. Ramsbottom is posh, alright.
They were tourist using the East Lancs Railway

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy

dazjoe

Coventry please. Purely for retro Dion. Never liked Luton ever since their CF never moved to us years ago. Fecked if I remember his name mind.
Guessing you mean Mick Harford? Ferguson said ‘Our pitch was terrible. That’s why I tried to sign Mick Harford. To try and play football on that pitch was impossible and I thought if I got Mick, we could have just played it up there and let Mick whack the centre-halves out of the road. That was a mistake. We should have signed him.’
He was a big lump but absolute hard as nails. Him and Hughes together would have made every centre back around shitethemselves.

Reactions: Wibble

LDUred

I'm sure a lot of Cov fans would choose Huckerby's winner against us in a 3-2 win at Highfield Road as one of their favourite memories of their last time in the Prem.

To be fair, it was a lovely goal and a great comeback.

LochGormanAbú

Supports
Liverpool
The Premier League faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong football with Coventry, or chaos with Luton
Premier league doesn't get to choose, two great stories but have a slight preference for Luton

TheLiverBird

Coventry too, you wouldn’t know whether your playing in their ground one week or out in the car park the next.
Even more bizarre is promotion to the EPL automatically makes one of these clubs one of the richest clubs in the world (close to top 20 world wide!!) with the money promoted teams get

justsomebloke

Luton for me. For no better reason than the quirkiness of Kenilworth Road, and that orange and black kit. Never could like Coventry, for some reason.

EDIT: Oh feck. Tommy Robinson. Don't want to make him happy, do I.

Pickle85

Guessing you mean Mick Harford? Ferguson said ‘Our pitch was terrible. That’s why I tried to sign Mick Harford. To try and play football on that pitch was impossible and I thought if I got Mick, we could have just played it up there and let Mick whack the centre-halves out of the road. That was a mistake. We should have signed him.’
He was a big lump but absolute hard as nails. Him and Hughes together would have made every centre back around shitethemselves.
That's the one! What a blast from the past.

Oscar Bonavena

I'd like Coventry to come up mainly for Mark Robins. Has one manager ever taken a club from League 2 to the Premier League?

Oscar Bonavena

This is from Harford's Wikipedia

He was a key player at Luton until his transfer to Derby County in January 1990 for £450,000. Even after his transfer, Harford managed to help the Hatters in their fight against relegation, as in the last game of the season Derby County played Luton Town, with Luton needing a win to stay up. Harford managed to head the ball from outside his own six-yard box, past England goalkeeper Peter Shilton, into his own net as Luton won the game and avoided relegation. Several years later, Harford admitted that the own goal was deliberate

!!!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Have we established if @WeePat is the geography police yet?
:lol: I am indeed and if you’re a United fan living in London you will be judged by me. Let’s ignore the fact that I spent years being a Chelsea fan living in Yorkshire.

Dwight Corke

Does anyone here recall Mustapha Hadji and Youssef Chippo? Those were the days...

Hope Coventry come back up to the Prem.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Poor guy this year took time out for prostate cancer. The club raised a lot of money to raise awareness about it.
Luton for me. For no better reason than the quirkiness of Kenilworth Road, and that orange and black kit. Never could like Coventry, for some reason.

EDIT: Oh feck. Tommy Robinson. Don't want to make him happy, do I.
Yeah but that cnut is one man. Not the entire fanbase is like that.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Coventry for nostalgia, who else remembers big Steve Ogrizovic in goal and their Peugeot shirt sponsorship?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Coventry for nostalgia, who else remembers big Steve Ogrizovic in goal and their Peugeot shirt sponsorship?
My memory of Coventry is the injury David Buust got at OT, I thought half our team were going to puke up in the penalty area, it was horrific

pacifictheme

My memory of Coventry is the injury David Buust got at OT, I thought half our team were going to puke up in the penalty area, it was horrific
I was at that game with my brother and my dad. Was my brother's first game, he was 6 or 7. Luckily we were in the Stretford end and right near the front so we couldn't see anything.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I was at that game with my brother and my dad. Was my brother's first game, he was 6 or 7. Luckily we were in the Stretford end and right near the front so we couldn't see anything.
I was also in the Stretford End further back behind the goal, I really couldn't see any detail but you could tell from the reactions it was bad, if I recall correctly they had to wash away blood on the pitch

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I'd like Coventry to come up mainly for Mark Robins. Has one manager ever taken a club from League 2 to the Premier League?
Graham Taylor with Watford. He took Watford from the fourth division to the first division in just five seasons, finishing second in the league in their first season in the top tier and a place in the UEFA cup the following season. One of the greatest managerial feats ever.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Graham Taylor with Watford. He took Watford from the fourth division to the first division in just five seasons, finishing second in the league in their first season in the top tier and a place in the UEFA cup the following season. One of the greatest managerial feats ever.
But he will always be remembered as a turnip unfortunately