Championship Playoff Final: Coventry v Luton

Hester_manc

I really wanted Sunderland. And "yes", it is partly because of Netflix. But also because it is such a big club with a great football culture in their city, and because I hate Newcastle.

I do not care, if it is going to be Luton or Coventry now.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Not Luton, I live in MK and have come into contact with a few of their fans and I wish I hadn't. Alongside that gammon punching Amad last night I hope they still find a way to get relegated this season.

Last edited:

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Nice and short trip for United fans though if it’s Luton :wenger:
Who are you? The Geography police? There are United fans from all over the globe on the caf but you genuinely think most matchgoing reds are based in London? I'm guessing you've turned bitter because Chelsea can't sell out their games anymore now they're back to being a mid table club.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Who are you? The Geography police? There are United fans from all over the globe on the caf but you genuinely think most matchgoing reds are based in London? I'm guessing you've turned bitter because Chelsea can't sell out their games anymore now they're back to being a mid table club.
Err I’m joking. I’m sure that’s allowed around here? Maybe calm down a little?

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Err I’m joking. I’m sure that’s allowed around here? Maybe calm down a little?
Credit where credits due - that was a proper original joke. 'United fans live in London'. Ha ha ha. Did you come up with that one all by yourself? I reckon you might have a career in stand-up comedy.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Credit where credits due - that was a proper original joke. 'United fans live in London'. Ha ha ha. Did you come up with that one all by yourself? I reckon you might have a career in stand-up comedy.
Dude, my bad if it’s upset you. It was a silly joke.

MUFC OK

Coventry as Luton is the EDL/white nationalist epicentre of the UK.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Dude, my bad if it’s upset you. It was a silly joke.
It's cool bro. If you enjoy making silly jokes on the caf about how United fans are from London, then I assume you're also spending your free time on RAWK stereotyping Liverpool fans as theives. Do whatever makes you happy, but don't be surprised if you get a reaction.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
There is no way that Kenilworth road will be allowed to be their ground, they are almost certainly going to have to play at Stadium:MK
They played Chelsea in FA cup last season so other than media facilities not being up to scratch I don't see why they should have to play away, Bournemouth play in a 10k ground even if it's a bit more modern.

They'd struggle to even get to 20 points playing in Milton Keynes.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's cool bro. If you enjoy making silly jokes on the caf about how United fans are from London, then I assume you're also spending your free time on RAWK stereotyping Liverpool fans as theives. Do whatever makes you happy, but don't be surprised if you get a reaction.
I’m not sure you’re taking this seriously enough. Have you reported him for being a big meanie?

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I’m not sure you’re taking this seriously enough. Have you reported him for being a big meanie?
All I did was call him out on his unoriginal rhetoric. Didn't realise it would prompt another poster to leap to his defence with a 'you're such a snowflake' jibe, otherwise I would've gone on twitter for more stimulating chat.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
There is no way that Kenilworth road will be allowed to be their ground, they are almost certainly going to have to play at Stadium:MK
Apparently there is a plan in place to have Kenilworth Road ready for the start of the season. Ten million pounds is the budget !!

sidsutton

All I did was call him out on his unoriginal rhetoric. Didn't realise it would prompt another poster to leap to his defence with a 'you're such a snowflake' jibe, otherwise I would've gone on twitter for more stimulating chat.
:lol:

Amir

I'm happy it's going to be one of those two. Didn't fancy another Premier League round for Sunderland or Middlesbrough.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Luton Town 100%. Be great to see them in the top flight again after their journey down and up the leagues. Eric Morcambe was a Luton fan.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Luton please. From the non-league to the Premier League in a decade. The romantics' choice. Luton is where the romance happens. Take your missus for a weekend.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Luton. From Division One to non-league and back again. That for me is the best story. In fact, has any other club in English football done that?

CallyRed

So it's the bloke who used to lead the English Defence League or Richard Keys.

RopersReturn

Coventry have had a similar experience to us, having been run by the dreadful Sisu group. Be good to see them back in the big league again.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Coventry definitely - would really be something for them considering what their fans have been through.

I believe they don't even have an agreement in place yet to keep playing their home games next season at the CBS Arena??

Last edited:

IRN-BRUno

It's an incredible achievement whichever goes up considering where they were 5-10 years ago. And nice to see both get this far without spending big money.

Don't really mind who wins but I'd love to see PL football at Kenilworth Road. Proper old ground full of history, much better than the soulless out of town stadiums that get built now.

Red Star One

Right, can I get some background on Luton? About Millwall I've heard since I started following English football - they're quite infamous and the only European literal neonazi I have met (Lord punish him) was a Millwalll-tattooed guy travelling extensively for the games from abroad. Easy for me to accept they're predominantly fascist scum, like Lazio. But about Luton Town fans, even if I knew about the team, I think I have heard first time this year. They also have a long far right tradition?

Right, can I get some background on Luton? About Millwall I've heard since I started following English football - they're quite infamous and the only European literal neonazi I have met (Lord punish him) was a Millwalll-tattooed guy travelling extensively for the games from abroad. Easy for me to accept they're predominantly fascist scum, like Lazio. But about Luton Town fans, even if I knew about the team, I think I have heard first time this year. They also have a long far right tradition?
In Lutons case its more of a being shite tradition. Plus Luton is a kip where the leader of the English Defence League lives. Not sure of many far right connections apart from him. Milwall fans famously wrecked Lutons ground in the 1980s. It was the first all seater stadium in England and had a plastic pitch so Millwall fans invaded the pitch, ripped up the seats and threw them at the Luton fans.

LutonAz

Supports
Luton
Unfortunately, due to the multi-cultural aspect of the town it birthed the EDL (English Defence League) which is where a lot of the right-wing connotations are from. In reality, it's a very small aspect of the fanbase and from my opinion we're a very multi-cultural community. Add to that we play our games in a highly asian-populated area.