CHARITY SHIELD: Chelsea vs. Manchester United; Sun 8 August 2010

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
Another thing I enjoyed from the game is that Terry was helpful in 2 of our goals. For Valencia's, Terry didn't get close to Rooney, letting him lay the ball off. For Hernandez's, he was playing Valencia onside. Big Man indeed.

Zen

Might as well drop Ashley Cole as well, he was found out too....

Other than pointless Chelsea bashing, very impressive victory, wouldn't mind seeing the second half team starting vs Newcastle, bedding Rooney back in without overdoing it, the fact I can say that and still feel confident is great in itself, Hernandez and Berba who seemed to be settled as a AM when with Hernandez works very well, should be fine against Newcastle.

MUFCgal

feck it, it may only be seen as a glorified friendly but we still smashed them Chelsea cnuts and now we have the season to look forward to.

Come on United :devil:

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Get in! Pre-season treble!

Number7

Ret's Slave
That was just about perfect from us.

Fabio was brilliant, as was Valencia...Hernandez looks sublime and that was great stuff from Berbatov.

Werewolf

Scholes, Valencia, Hernandez and Berbatov were all excellent, particularly Scholesy.

Defense still looked shaky, particularly the full back areas.

Carrick was much better than last season. Expected more of Nani.

Rooney was lively and Owen was as flat as one can be. Seems like his heart is no longer in the game, hes just going through the motions with whichever club would be willing to pay him a living.
How about a big cup of shut the feck up ?

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I don't think I've ever seen a player twat themselves in the face and score at the same time. Beautiful.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Am I the only one who noticed that Owen didn't looked so happy about winning the Charity shield?

Werewolf

Harsh, I think he makes a fair point.
What fair point ? The lad has been out of football for 6 months, he has just played two halves of football while scoring in one of them, and we label him as having no heart to play football ? :houllier:

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Really impressed all round after today.

Shocked me a bit that performance, although i did have 20 quid on Utd so i saw it coming ;)

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
What fair point ? The lad has been out of football for 6 months, he has just played two halves of football while scoring in one of them, and we label him as having no heart to play football ? :houllier:
Actually I think it's more to do with a lack of ability and pace, I would rather see Rooney, Berbatov, Hernandez or even Macheda start ahead of him.