Charlie Savage

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think he’s got it. So composed in possession. Long passing and short with both feet. Very impressed with him. I’d like to see him get a chance with the first team players in place of McTominay.

MUFC OK

I'm not getting carried away but I think we've found the heir to Michael Carrick.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Fair play to him - looking good.

Golden Nugget

Both Savage and Iqbal have impressed me in the two halves they’ve played, both being solid in the two games - Zidane shined against Liverpool, Savage against Victory. Both look like good prospects

hp88

Need to hold onto Savage and Zidane, use them for the Europa and the cup games, pointless loaning them out.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He’s a very intelligent player. Even the few times we got caught 2nd half he was in the right place but just not quite there yet physically to get the ball back. Wand of a left foot. Picks the right option 9 times out of 10. Interesting he seems to be ahead of Hannibal now.

Okey

This boy is such a natural. Lawd I hope he keeps progressing.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Looks like a disciplined CM in the making. Looks like we have a fair few profiles at the club who could grow nicely into Ten Hag's squad.

Skills

Snitch
He looks good. I think we need to find a way to put him on the shop window, so we can get 25-30m for him next season.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Doesn't look quite as technically proficient as Iqbal beside him but still a very good performance. Makes himself available for the ball at all times. Some of his passes were a bit 'floaty' but generally it was promising.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Make things look simple in tight situations. It's not a bad trait at all for a deep midfielder.

Nice diagonal pass to Chongy.

Bojan Djordjic

Frenkie who? Super savage is here.
Would be a certain irony if he was pushed out of Barca because among other more pressing reasons they have Gavi and Pedri only for him to land at United after a protracted transfer battle only for Savage and Zidane to keep their iron grip on United's midfield.

Kramer

Very impressive performance. Was surprised when ETH picked him and Iqbal against Pool but he clearly knows what he’s doing. Both lads did well but particularly impressed with Savage. Could be an option next to FDJ in a double pivot. Probably not this season but the talent is there.

RedRoach

He was better than Iqbal in this game, spreading passes around short and long with accuracy and looked like he just had more time on the ball whilst Iqbal looked rushed in the things he did.

Granted hard to judge based on the quality of the opposition but he looks a better passer than our established midfielders (McFred etc.) already.

captaincantona

For me he just knows how to play the position better than McT. He follows his pass well, moves well, covers space well and is far more willing it seems to call for the ball in tight spaces which will be essential for ETH. He won’t get a sniff if DeJong comes in but I can see him follow in Garners footsteps and have a really productive loan at a decent side next season.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Awesome passing range this guy, but really doubt he will cut it for now in the premier league. He is slow, not very dynamic and also not strong. Not great on the dribble either but will be good to see how he does vs Villa and Crystal Palace.

Mickson

Awesome passing range this guy, but really doubt he will cut it for now in the premier league. He is slow, not very dynamic and also not strong. Not great on the dribble either but will be good to see how he does vs Villa and Crystal Palace.
Agree. I'm surprised by the hype. I don't rate him. But I thought he played well today.

avgp_1

He is a sweet passer of the ball and has a good touch, some good layoffs in the couple of games that have impressed me. Covers good ground, defensively aware.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Every game for about 3-4 years now. I think the poster I quoted explained it pretty well.
I don’t think dynamism is that important. Far better to read the game well and fundamentally it’s his ability on the ball people are impressed with. I’ve not seen many Utd players look so comfortable on both feet in the first team for years.