Charlie Savage

L1nk

Do we think he is a good enough youth prospect to make it here?

Bojan Djordjic

Probably not. Looks like a game lad with lots of energy but doubtful he makes it at United. Didn't work out too badly for his Dad.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
God he looks like his dad there doesn't he? Shouldn't think he's good enough to make it with the competition he has in the youth teams but he ought to have a very good career somewhere I think. Another year in the reserves and then a good loan move would be ideal perhaps?

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town

I did notice that he appeared to playing a more DM role in the most recent youth matches, perhaps that's where.the coaches see his future.
I would think he would get a season long loan, possibly championship next season, but you never know with these prospects, so really anything is possible.

VDG17

The things he is good at are lacking in the current squad but I don't think he is good enough at any of them to make it at the top level. That is unless he becomes quicker in mind and feet and also develops a better eye for a forward pass, stranger things have happened.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Who knows, maybe, maybe not. But the moment he made his debut and his dad made the announcement was incredibly wholesome and definitely a highlight.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Is he any good? Only seen him from that cameo of his from the young boys game.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Who knows, maybe, maybe not. But the moment he made his debut and his dad made the announcement was incredibly wholesome and definitely a highlight.
That was a special moment, really put a smile on my face.

RedPhil1957

I don't think so, but he could be useful to have as a squad player for the U23 but I'm not sure why they gave him such a hefty contract.

IMO he is a better player than his dad was at similar age who had a pretty good career. Good energy and passing improved in most aspects of the game this season

Bulldog United

I've seen him linking up well with our other serious youth prospect Jesse Lingard. I feel there's potential here. I'm not entirely convinced he's gonna make it here, but he's developing and it's worth persisting for now.

Mickson

IMO he is a better player than his dad was at similar age who had a pretty good career. Good energy and passing improved in most aspects of the game this season
I never saw his dad but I would be surprised if Savage ends up in the Premier League.

Demaw

No, always seems slow and not that talented. Bit surprised really.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
You sure you are not underestimating his dad ? Can't claim to know much about robbie but he played a very high level for a very long time.

If he's better than him he'd be a favorite for the team wouldn't he .

shamans

On a side note it's amazing how good you can be but not make it at united or the premier league. This is sort of obvious I know.

Ive seen my fair share of united rejects live for other smaller teams and it will blow your mind as to how good they are and yet in some cases never had a chance to make it at united.

Then I think about top youth prospects and it's legit scary how good some can be at it.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
On a side note it's amazing how good you can be but not make it at united or the premier league. This is sort of obvious I know.

Ive seen my fair share of united rejects live for other smaller teams and it will blow your mind as to how good they are and yet in some cases never had a chance to make it at united.

Then I think about top youth prospects and it's legit scary how good some can be at it.
Yeah, every single player who plays in the Prem can be considered as elites in their field.

It reminds me of that Brian Scalabrine quote about how he is closer to LeBron James in terms of ability than any of us are to him.

Moriarty

I saw a video once about Barca's academy and how few kids actually make it into their senior squad. I suppose it's the same for any major club. Looking back on our youth sides from decades back, one or two came through but most don't.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Yeap. I was sure Will Keane would make it too. Physicality, speed and finishing.

But the reality is that a huge part of their success will be down to luck or the lack of.

shamans

Yeap. I was sure Will Keane would make it too. Physicality, speed and finishing.

But the reality is that a huge part of their success will be down to luck or the lack of.
We are also talking the difference of just that last millisecond. Of course luck plays a part too. More than people would like to believe.

You start off in the right team for you and your career progresses very differently than trying to break into first team football and so on.

Mickson

I have seen so many good players in the academy, and as several have pointed out, few will make it. Nothing against Savage, but he isn't as good as say Ben Person or Joe Rothwell who played CM too, and those two have had good careers but haven't even made it to the Premier League yet! (Well...) . We shouldn't underestimate how difficult it is to make it at United and even in the PL. McTominay has grit and a great physique, and maybe was a bit lucky, but he is an exception, not the norm. From our U23 to U18 now I can imagine Hannibal, Fernandez, Mainoo, Gore and Garnacho can make it at United. Maybe another one like Hansen. But my point stands: few will make it.

Mylock

Savage seemed to be an interesting player, with excellent mobility, very good left foot, intelligent player. I say 40% chance of making it on ability but there's more to football than ability.
Has a good chance to make a career in adult football if he doesn't make it at ot.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I have seen so many good players in the academy, and as several have pointed out, few will make it. Nothing against Savage, but he isn't as good as say Ben Person or Joe Rothwell who played CM too, and those two have had good careers but haven't even made it to the Premier League yet! (Well...) . We shouldn't underestimate how difficult it is to make it at United and even in the PL. McTominay has grit and a great physique, and maybe was a bit lucky, but he is an exception, not the norm. From our U23 to U18 now I can imagine Hannibal, Fernandez, Mainoo, Gore and Garnacho can make it at United. Maybe another one like Hansen. But my point stands: few will make it.
Ben Pearson has now :) :) :)

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Hence the "(well...)" afterward. We'll see if he plays though. He found it hard getting on the team even in The Championship. I'm glad for him though!
:lol: I see what you did there!

He'll definitely play a part, Parker likes him and trusts him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Out of all the promising CMs we have, I'll be very surprised if he's one of the ones to make it here. Especially now that we have a manager that favours technical quality in midfield rather than workhorses.

Lyng

To early to say honestly. But like mentioned above, he has been used as more of a dm role lately which, obviously given our squads deficiencies, could be a interesting prospect.
Hope we get to see abit of him in pre season.

Wheato

Whether he makes it or not is entirely up to him. He has made it this far on his talent and ability. To go up another level hinges on his desire to put the effort in. He has to be obsessed with it, like it is the most important thing in the world. It is not for us or even coaches to decide his future, it is up to him. Some lads make it this far and think they've made it already, we've had plenty of them. This lad does look like he genuinely wants it, so good luck to him.