Cheapest way of watching the football this season? (UK)

Barnslig

Wonder if you can VPN to the States and get NBCSN or something? I assume it's cheaper, and has all games.
In Australia, Optus sends all the Premier League, CL, EL, cups and I think they're adding La Liga this season, and I think it's like $15 AUD/month, or free if you're with their cell plan. $15 is like £7-8 or so?

Amarsdd

What would be the best bet in the US? for all United's games (PL, CL, FA cup)?

Amarsdd

Peacock gets you all the PL games and is only $5 a month. CL is now exclusive on Paramount+ which is $10.
Oh, didn't know Peacock (what a stupid name) had the PL games here. Great! Thanks!

Thunderhead

Supports
City
IPTV is ok but can be a feck on is it's not working or the stream goes down, I'm lucky that I'm not bothered about saving £100-£150 a year to get a guaranteed coverage with no hassle

Adamsk7

Here’s what I do -

I’ve got an EE sim only which includes BT Sport as an optional “smart benefit” which I pay £15 a month for and then £5 a month for big screen access (via Apple TV), so £20 with BT being about a fiver on top of what I’d pay for my sim and benefit(£15)

then I give my mate a tenner a month to use his sky go and he uses my BT. All in all, it’s £15. I also buy MUTV annually for £29 to get the reserve games and any premiership matches I miss due to work etc

Stumpy

So since halfway through last season I decided to do some research and I got a VPN, then I basically signed up to all the USA streaming services that show all premier league, champions league and Europa football and I had no buffering whatsoever. for me it’s cheaper and I get all premier league matches. The streaming services I have are Sling TV package blue $35/£26(which is perfect for me as it shows USA network for my wrestling), peacock TV (between this and sling, you get every premier league match) $4.99/£4.00 and Paramount Plus (which shows all champions league and Europa) $4.99/£4.00. So for £34 I get all the sport I need.

Tony247

Apologies if there's a thread. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to be able to watch Sky and BT Sport this season.

I currently only pay for broadband and last season I used Now TV's monthly pass (for Sky Sports) and the BT Sport Monthly Pass. Both cost £25 each, so a total of £50 a month but it obviously came with the flexibility to cancel in a month where I was poor or was not going to be home. I just called up Sky to check what package I could get and after lots of faffing and 'special discounts' offered I got £48.40 but that's an 18 month fixed contract and I'll have no need for it next June/July. Plus it's also a long thing to commit to.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good alternatives?
Go to a nearby pub where they are playing the match. Order a pint and sit in a corner. Cheap.

ExecutionerWasp001

So since halfway through last season I decided to do some research and I got a VPN, then I basically signed up to all the USA streaming services that show all premier league, champions league and Europa football and I had no buffering whatsoever. for me it’s cheaper and I get all premier league matches. The streaming services I have are Sling TV package blue $35/£26(which is perfect for me as it shows USA network for my wrestling), peacock TV (between this and sling, you get every premier league match) $4.99/£4.00 and Paramount Plus (which shows all champions league and Europa) $4.99/£4.00. So for £34 I get all the sport I need.
Are you paying for these services from within the UK? I thought you would need to be a resident of the USA to sign up to these services.

I have a Sky sub but have tried various ways (free & paid) to stream the games Sky don't show & the 3PM games. Tried SportsMania, AceStream, Kodi, DAZN & SoccerStreams, all with little success. Never managed to watch a full game due to buffering & screen freezes. Many times these would occur just as we'd scored an important goal.

The only thing i've not yet tried is IPTV so will try this next.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Canadian DAZN is the way to go if there is a way to get it outside of canada. $150 (canadian) per year, you get all premier league games, Carabao cup, europa league, Champions league, serie A, Championship (all where you can watch replays or highlights after and the prem and CL have other little shows/reviews weekly). Also get all NFL and whatever other sports are included. Can use on 2 devices at once too.

TheLiverBird

Might be too late now but I'm not sure

I used too wait for the NowTV Sky Sports season pass to come out and Wowcher deals for BT Sport (I still do the BT Sport deals)

Last seasons Season Pass on NowTV was £20 a month, and it was the same this year too for selected customers (regulars), I think for new customers it was £25 a month . I used to split this with my dad and brother including the £3 a month boost package allowing usage on 3 devices at any one time, so in total £23 a month, split 3 ways £7.66 a month for full sky sports, we can all log on using our smart tv's app and all watch at the same time in our separate houses, perfect.

BT Sport is regularly sold on Wowcher, 12 months, full BT, access to the app, £9 a month, or £3 a month split 3 ways.

So in total I'd pay £10.66 a month for full Sky Sports and BT Sports on a legitimate platform with no streaming, buffering, pop ups, link finding etc etc pocket change.

I think thats a bloody good deal, obviously only suitable really for folks who CAN split the cost, but if you can, its a damn good deal.

I'm back on sky now though, they Offered me Sky Q box for free, full Sky Sports for £14 a month.....yes thats right, and free access to the sky go app for streaming on 6 devices I think at any one time...or 7 devices, can't quite remember, but you normally have to pay extra for that kind of access on the app.

So now with my new sky package and my BT Wowcher package split with Dad and my brother, I pay a total of £7.66 a month.

There isn't an app for Sky Go on Smart TV's, but my brother watches on the big screen via his Xbox and the old man just logs in on the laptop and connects it to his TV, so we are all still watching it on our main Tellies at home for an absolute steal imo.

Oranges038

I signed up to Nowtv about a year ago for a half price deal. Now I have Sky & BT most months for about 33e a month. I

Have paid full price a couple times but have gone to cancel straight after and have gotten the usual offers. I went to cancel today again and have Skysports for 13e a month now for 3 months and BT for 20e a month for 3 months. Will be keeping it for another couple of months at that price while I look at Iptv or Vpns.

Stumpy

Are you paying for these services from within the UK? I thought you would need to be a resident of the USA to sign up to these services.

I have a Sky sub but have tried various ways (free & paid) to stream the games Sky don't show & the 3PM games. Tried SportsMania, AceStream, Kodi, DAZN & SoccerStreams, all with little success. Never managed to watch a full game due to buffering & screen freezes. Many times these would occur just as we'd scored an important goal.

The only thing i've not yet tried is IPTV so will try this next.
Yeah I pay for them in U.K. mate. I paid through google play and I use a VPN. I suppose it all depends on budget but I wouldn’t touch IPTV. I have really good internet and it still buffers but doing this is great and cheap.

ExecutionerWasp001

Yeah I pay for them in U.K. mate. I paid through google play and I use a VPN.
What VPN do you use for Optus. I've managed to get an account but can't watch anything, recognizes that i'm using a VPN. Am using SurfShark but none of the Australian servers work.

Reddevil1978

I t's so expensive to watch all
P remier league games
T he cost is crazy
V ery expensive

LInkash

I am thinking DAZN Canada on VPN for now.

Not sure if there are any other better options.

I'm stressing about it, worried it won't work!

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
What is the cost involved in a decent VPN for the DAZN Canada option?

Green_Red

Cheapest way is to head down to your local boozer and watch it with a pint.

Pavl3n

Yeah I got sick of buffering streams.
What have you tried? Illegal IPTV?
Or just finding a different stream for every game?
I can recommend nice IPTV that includes virtually every channel (football, F1, NFL, Golf, HBO, etc), but I'm not sure how it will work from the UK. VPN might be need. Even I had to use VPN on a couple of occasions.
It costs me €8 a month.

stw2022

Cheapest way is to head down to your local boozer and watch it with a pint.
Who nurses a pint for two hours?

Three pints + crisps + £5 on fruit machine if you’re bored at half time x every live game you want to watch = more expensive than getting Sky and BT

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

What a joke. Living in Austria I have to pay:

-) Mandatory fees for watching TV in general paid to the state-owned TV channel:
Appr. 27 EUR each months and it will be increased by 9% next year I think. I never watch any of the nonsense shown there

-) 20 EUR per month for Sky only to watch the crappy United games. I am not able to use the streaming service as this is technically not possible so on top of that we anyway need Netflix, Disney Plus or Amazon Prime.

And since Sky gave up CL rights another 14,99 to DAZN. Funnily enough Sky promote their cooperation with DAZN, but this does not lead to any advantage for the viewer. You still have to pay both amounts. Ridiculous.

So all in all nearly 65 EUR for a few United games each month with Sky not even showing all the games.

Green_Red

Who nurses a pint for two hours?

Three pints + crisps + £5 on fruit machine if you’re bored at half time x every live game you want to watch = more expensive than getting Sky and BT
Cheapskates looking for the cheapest way to watch United in the UK.

3 x £4 = £12, + £1 on crisps, + £5 on the fruit machine. That's £18, two games and you've paid for a months subscription to sky.

JP77

I have Nord VPN and DAZN at about 3-4 quid (that's not monthly either, just one upfront cost. Probably not best to discuss the method of how on here though).

I personally still have Sky Sports and BT Sports through Virgin though because it's not really that much of a massive extra on top of the broadband, my contract SIM and the movies that I have with them plus I've got my kids who watch Sky/BT Sports too but yeah, the comparison to the above price wise is insane.

I have Express VPN and an IPTV subscription that runs through all the TVs, phones and PCs in the house. So 70 quid a year for the VPN, 50 quid for the IPTV, and probably another 30 quid on apps needed to run the IPTV on different devices.

Oh and i dropped 250 quid on a router to run the VPN so i didn't need to bother turning it on and off each time i watch anything. But that's not necessary.

It was all so much easier when you could Navigate to an app on your phone and watch everything for free.

cyberman

Don’t know where to put this but does anyone work with Sky or have an experience like this? Tried phoning up to cancel my sub and they have no record of me. First man asked if I was just using freeview and second said I must be with a different company. I’m a ghost. Noting came up for my account number etc. money is still going out but apparently it’s into a hole in space
Now I’m going to bank tomorrow to cancel the DD. Is this a bad idea or do I try phoning again? On the other hand I could cancel the DD and there’s a chance I could have free sky since they can’t find me to restrict me (fingers crossed)

Red_Manc_M15

I have a firestick with some app on it get any game I want, only watch United though, £15 for the firestick and £20 for a 12 month sub. Stream are 1080p and never go down.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
NowTv are doing their usual offer. £26 for sky sports for the season, £6 more for HD.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I read this as 26 quid only for the entire season and thought bloody hell that’s good value :lol:
Yeah sorry, that was poorly worded. I meant it’s that price, per month for the season. It was £30 last season, so it’s gone up but I’ve not found anything better. Well, anything legal anyway.