Chelsea 2017/18 thread - FA Cup Champs, League chumps

Deleted member 101472

Few things would make me more content as a football fan than a Chelsea return to mediocrity :)

Borden

They're fecked. Likely missing out on top 4, which could easily result in them losing Hazard and/or Courtouis, coupled with terrible transfer business lately and a manager who seems to be on his way out.

RoyH1

I don't think I've ever seen a defending champion play with a combination of such negative tactics and halfassery. Most amazing thing though is that this could have been a draw had Alonso's volley gone in.

Sanche7

Yeah Liverpool maybe our Arch Rival but as someone who started watching football in 2000s,God I hate Chelsea.

Their smug manager Mourinho ( who is now our naughty boy Mourinho :wenger: )
Russian Billionaire sugar daddy with his shady money
Their racist, cheating on other people's wives, full kit wanker Captain
Players who stamp on ball boys
Players who cheat on his friend's girlfriend
Racist fans who even called their greatest Manger ever 'Judas' and blamed him for being the reason their whole season went tits up

Oh I can go on and on.
Hopefully they will finish outside top 4 and loose both Courtios and Hazard.:devil:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Conte has his fair share of blame but this is mostly on the board and their transfer windows. They made the exact same mistake they had done 2 years ago with Mourinho.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah Liverpool maybe our Arch Rival but as someone who started watching football in 2000s,God I hate Chelsea.

Racist fans who even called their greatest Manger ever 'Judas' and blamed him for being the reason their whole season went tits up

Oh I can go on and on.
Hopefully they will finish outside top 4 and loose both Courtios and Hazard.:devil:
Bore off. We finished 10th then won the league the next season. Now I don't expect us to win it again soon but all it takes is a season for us to turn it around so if you think Chelsea will no longer be competitive, at the very least for top 4, you don't know what your taking about.

R'hllor

Nevermind the game it self but when you go out on the pitch with false nine bullshit while you have 2 strikers on the bench...feck it, even if you dont have any strikers fit, get some striker from reserves/u21.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Lost 4 of their last 5 league matches.

Conte will be sacked on Thursday 15th March. . . the day after Barcelona knock Chelsea out of the CL.

el3mel

5 points away of way from top 4 and they have the hardest fixtures. No chance they can make it IMO.

Trizy

I've been saying it before January, they're shite and we would not finish below them.

Take Hazard out of that team and they're a worse Arsenal. Why? Similar recruitment. I hope they miss out in CL for a few season and it cripples them.

C'est Moi Cantona

They really are a stupid club, time and again history repeats itself with them, only now they aren't the pull, or force they were in the transfer market a few years ago to be able to sort their messes out.

Conte looks desperate to go, the next manager will do well to get anywhere near what he did.

Sanche7

Bore off. We finished 10th then won the league the next season. Now I don't expect us to win it again soon but all it takes is a season for us to turn it around so if you think Chelsea will no longer be competitive, at the very least for top 4, you don't know what your taking about.
When and where in my post did I say that Chelsea won't be competing for a long time?
Only the crazy ones will rule out a top 5 team from competing for PL every year and I fully expect Chelsea to be back to full strength next year.
But until then I'll be enjoying this mini breakdown :)

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Conte sending a message to the league? Scheduling both Manchester clubs away with CL Barcelona sandwiched between. Sky pay £10m odd a game for that "entertainment".

Or he's had enough and wants the sack?

Either way he's leaving, we're finishing 5th and we've got more chance in the CL than top 4 in the league.

RedB4ndiT

I hope Mourinho watched this game. He's going to try the same thing against City (park the bus) and I hope he realizes ahead of time that it doesn't work. The only two ways to beat City are:

a) Hope one of them gets sent off (like against Wigan) or

b) Attack, attack, and attakc some more (like Liverpool)

London Blue

Supports
Chelsea FC

Oh I can go on and on.
That's a poor post - have a think about some of your own players past infractions; Rooney (hooker), Ferdinand (missed drugs test), Cantona (kicked a fan), Giggs (definitely kept it in the family). The phrase 'Let he who casts the first stone....' comes to mind.

Jaybomb

They’re missing Luiz, Matic and Costa.

Those three were vital towards winning the league last season.

Rudiger and Christensen just don’t offer the same stuff that Luiz offers. Look at how they were booting the ball away today. Considering he was arguably the best CB in the league last season, I can’t understand why he was dropped and isolated this season.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
They’re missing Luiz, Matic and Costa.

Those three were vital towards winning the league last season.

Rudiger and Christensen just don’t offer the same stuff that Luiz offers. Look at how they were booting the ball away today. Considering he was arguably the best CB in the league last season, I can’t understand why he was dropped and isolated this season.
Because he has been awful almost every time he has played this season. Luiz was completely awful in their 4-1 loss to Watford. And Christiensen and Rudiger are usually good on the ball City's pressing turn a lot of teams to hoofball merchants.

Canagel

Why wasn't Courtois dropped for his comments about Hazard being subbed off? You don't undermine the manager like that and it shows that Conte doesn't give a feck if he's letting players get away with that kind of attitude. The subs were just baffling. Everyone could see the false 9 wasn't working and Hazard was getting frustrated with no service. He takes until minute 78 to bring on Giroud and when he does finally come on the man decides to take off Willian instead of Pedro. Then he takes Hazard off who'd just moved to his preferred left wing after Giroud came on and brings on Morata with 2 mins remaining. What is that supposed to achieve? He's losing the plot completely and doesn't care anymore.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
When and where in my post did I say that Chelsea won't be competing for a long time?
Only the crazy ones will rule out a top 5 team from competing for PL every year and I fully expect Chelsea to be back to full strength next year.
But until then I'll be enjoying this mini breakdown :)
Lmao fair enough. As a rival to team thats to be expected

AshRK

I hope Mourinho watched this game. He's going to try the same thing against City (park the bus) and I hope he realizes ahead of time that it doesn't work. The only two ways to beat City are:

You are right but also have to realise Jose does this park the bus much effectively than Conte. The problem with that is our players needs to have a brilliant game and take their chances. Jose is a master of getting those results but he has to be clear about his plan and not 50-50 whether he wants to defend or attack. His inter and real Madrid side were master of counter attacking by sacrificing the possession but their he had players who understood their role and took their chances. Of our attackers start doing that then I can see us winning.

singabiru

Supports
Chelsea
Amusing to see some Chelsea fans citing Conte having a lack of integrity by not leaving the club without a payoff. These people are dumb as rocks - which manager or coach would walk away without a severance package?

I hope the next head coach insists on a 100 million pound payoff upon dismissal. It will be fun to see how these fans react to that when the inevitable calls for his head happen when results on the pitch go south.

Yergen

You are right but also have to realise Jose does this park the bus much effectively than Conte. The problem with that is our players needs to have a brilliant game and take their chances. Jose is a master of getting those results but he has to be clear about his plan and not 50-50 whether he wants to defend or attack. His inter and real Madrid side were master of counter attacking by sacrificing the possession but their he had players who understood their role and took their chances. Of our attackers start doing that then I can see us winning.
I think our last match against City showed that we were in fact quite successful defending and that the goals we conceded were a bit unlucky. City did not create many chances on their own and even though City had a lot of possesion I don't think we were outplayed at all. As AshRK put it, if you have the players for it, long balls to a target player is a really efficient strategy against Guardiola. Liverpool play the way they do because they do not know anything else. Against a great possesion team like City that type of tactics is a big risk. As I don't think we can outpossess City, defending well and going on the counter is our best move. Also, we need to apply high pressure to their back four + goalie when possible.

TheReligion

Abusive
Are Conte and Chelsea being slated for yesterday?

The vultures would have been well and truly out had United served up such a performance. No shots on target, no desire and 11 men behind the ball for 90 minutes.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Are Conte and Chelsea being slated for yesterday?

The vultures would have been well and truly out had United served up such a performance. No shots on target, no desire and 11 men behind the ball for 90 minutes.
They have been. Redknapp called it a crime against football. I also follow two or three Chelsea fans and they called it one of the worst performances they've ever seen from a Chelsea side when you keep the resources in context.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
They need to beat Spurs at the Bridge, but Tottenham are on a bit of a roll atm.

Sanche7

Oh Mourinho is gonna park the bus alright ,away game at Etihad with the top 4 race still on, he ain't gonna attack and press.
But as @AshRK and @Yergen have mentioned, the best way to play against a team which plays with a high line and presses high is to counter attack them. We sure have the players for it with plenty of pace and power.
And their defense is nothing special, yeah I'm not talking about stats. Otamendi and Stones or whoever else plays with him is not a world class defensive line.
But much will depend on Pogba having a good game, along with our forwards finishing off the chances.

Last game against City could have yielded an entirely different result because it was the day we conceded two very soft goals and failed to score from a yard or two out. IMHO we created the best chance of the match that somehow Lukaku managed to strike straight at Ederson.
But I do we hope we show more intent that Chelsea, like a lot more.

Kapardin

Had a look at Shedend. They want him gone.
Yep, some of his loyalists have turned on him after seeing his half-arsed management recently. They are afraid he may run Hazard out of the club, which is a long term damage. Tbh, I don't think Conte's management will have a bearing on Hazard's decision to move or not.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
O the best way to play against a team which plays with a high line and presses high is to counter attack them.
No. The best way to play against that kind of team is to outnumber them in midfield and to put their defense on a constant pressure. The way Liverpool this year and Tottenham last year did it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Yep, some of his loyalists have turned on him after seeing his half-arsed management recently. They are afraid he may run Hazard out of the club, which is a long term damage. Tbh, I don't think Conte's management will have a bearing on Hazard's decision to move or not.
Think he's going regardless.