Chelsea 2018/19 - 3rd and European Champions. Sarri, not sorry

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
And the point again is that the media rarely have this first hand knowledge. They know most things when the clubs want it to be known and at other times they are embargoed until the club wants something released. There is no investigative journalism in sports reporting and most of the time they just make shit up to sell papers or get clicks. I wouldn't trust a thing they write :lol:

Just to provoke some thought about this take this into account. I have never posted in this thread or many others in the football forum, I have no interest in Chelsea really and there's no reason for me to speculate on anything Chelsea related and really there is nothing to gain. Why would I post something like this completely out of the blue and about Chelsea?
Devils advocate, why would you not elaborate on a few more of the details and roughly how you came about this info

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
It would make sense given the atmosphere in the US/UK towards Russia these days. I genuinely thought the club might be confiscated ultimately.. I can see why he would sell. Will wait to see official reports though. I think I also remember a Utd thread a long time ago about the Glazers cutting costs, wanting to sell and a supposed takeover fronted by Beckham :lol:. Since that didn't happen will be sceptical.

Could be to do with this:

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/a...c-in-an-attempt-to-protect-it-from-sanctions/

If he did sell I'm sure we'd get a rich owner to provide investment, money wouldn't be the problem. Decision making could be though, the club has been very well run for that last 14 years. Despite changing managers pretty frequently our transfer business has been good and we've always managed to keep a squad of good players and win a lot of trophies. Don't want to end up being run like Utd :houllier::lol:

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
Abramovic has gone, since about two weeks ago as he was treated like shit by the government. I don't know who has taken over it might be Jim Ratcliffe.

All of the top Abramovic people from operations have gone and that is how I know.

The newspapers will catch wind of it eventually and there will be a link but for now you just have to believe what I tell you or not...
Major flaws in your statement

Before either a director is appointed or a new owner takes over a football club the club have to submit details to the FA for approval. I doubt that the FA as a body would announce to the world but there is no way that had there been a change that news of it wouldn’t have been leaked.

Next when Ampadu signed his new 5 year contract which was less than two weeks ago Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia was present at the official signing

Finally as at 18.00 on 1 October, there hasn’t been any change of Directors as registered at Companies House. I believe you have to notify them within 14 days.

Last edited by a moderator:

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
And the point again is that the media rarely have this first hand knowledge. They know most things when the clubs want it to be known and at other times they are embargoed until the club wants something released. There is no investigative journalism in sports reporting and most of the time they just make shit up to sell papers or get clicks. I wouldn't trust a thing they write :lol:

Just to provoke some thought about this take this into account. I have never posted in this thread or many others in the football forum, I have no interest in Chelsea really and there's no reason for me to speculate on anything Chelsea related and really there is nothing to gain. Why would I post something like this completely out of the blue and about Chelsea?
Attention? Laughs? I don't know but that's not the point. You're just a random poster on the forum like me. Regardless of the amount of misinformation in the press, at least a little bit of their reputation is a stake when they make claims and it's safe to say they are more connected than the random internet poster.

Not saying your lying, but it's a legitimate request to ask you for a link.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
What are you on about? Luiz was at the heart of Conte's defence which cruised to a PL title. Conte's style relies on CBs being able to play out from the back, which is one of the reasons he went for Luiz once he couldn't sign Bonucci.
He was in top form for him that season and once Conte had a falling out with him, he had to play Azpilicueta at CB to makeup for the lack of ball playing ability of the others in the backline.

Luiz didn't magically start playing better because Sarri twirled his magic wand, he's been solid for them ever since he went there.
Sorry - probably I am referring before Conte then. Wasn't he always paired with 3 CBs to cover for him? Remember he being a laughing stock in a 2 man defence and his occasional brain farts.

TheeAma

Supports
Chelsea
Theirs a guy we have on The Shed. That we know has some insider information about the club, he stated that without going into too many details, an american sports owner i think Paul Allen it was who own a Sports franchise or apart of some group that was talking to Roman about the clubs. NTV a russian news own by Gazprom which is owned by the kremlin reported that Roman was in talks for someone to buy the club.

If he is selling, i believe he wants the best owner for us that will not treat us like Arsenal or How the Glazzers keep pulling money out of united. Or he could be staying and trying to find away to invest in the club as he did give us 20million to prop up the finances to help cover Sarri+Conte pay off.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Sorry - probably I am referring before Conte then. Wasn't he always paired with 3 CBs to cover for him? Remember he being a laughing stock in a 2 man defence and his occasional brain farts.
Luiz is a very good CB. He does make mistakes sometimes like any CB, but the idea that he's a liability is a phenomenon largely due to old criticisms from years ago! It just caught on, like the Heskey meme/joke.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Luiz is a very good CB. He does make mistakes sometimes like any CB, but the idea that he's a liability is a phenomenon largely due to old criticisms from years ago! It just caught on, like the Heskey meme/joke.
He is a good CB but, there has been times in his career that he was vastly overrated.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Why is that important? Do you think the media knows and reports everything anyway?
The lack of importance you place on verifying facts leads me to believe you have accepted a bu**sh*t story at face value.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
The lack of importance you place on verifying facts leads me to believe you have accepted a bu**sh*t story at face value.
I feel sorry for you if you beleive the facts come from the media. The media reports things. They don't make them happen.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Theirs a guy we have on The Shed. That we know has some insider information about the club, he stated that without going into too many details, an american sports owner i think Paul Allen it was who own a Sports franchise or apart of some group that was talking to Roman about the clubs. NTV a russian news own by Gazprom which is owned by the kremlin reported that Roman was in talks for someone to buy the club.

If he is selling, i believe he wants the best owner for us that will not treat us like Arsenal or How the Glazzers keep pulling money out of united. Or he could be staying and trying to find away to invest in the club as he did give us 20million to prop up the finances to help cover Sarri+Conte pay off.
Paul Allen is worth about 20 odd bill too

Odoi

That was imo the most impressive thing about your team. We are arguably the best pressing team youre going to meet all season and you played through us several times I dont think City played through us that many times in our 3 wins against them combined. Youre going to play through any team, City included and any team that presses you will probably get destroyed.
Chelsea played like prime Barcelona in the way they played out from Liverpool pressure. After seeing this new Chelsea side I know Mourinho is not going to try play football at Stamford Bridge.

Last edited by a moderator:

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
It'll be the scoop of the century if the owner and his associates did leave weeks ago and this dude is the only one who knows.
At best he may have overheard somebody talking about a reshuffle on the board at Chelsea and put two and two together to make 22. Abramovich has lost his work VISA and can't work in the UK anymore. He therefore has probably had to relieve himself of some executive powers and engage new people. A few Chinese whispers here and there and before you know it Abramovic is out.

Needham

Now every Utd fan's 2nd team to stop City or Liverpool winning the league.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
At best he may have overheard somebody talking about a reshuffle on the board at Chelsea and put two and two together to make 22. Abramovich has lost his work VISA and can't work in the UK anymore. He therefore has probably had to relieve himself of some executive powers and engage new people. A few Chinese whispers here and there and before you know it Abramovic is out.
I have no interest in Chelsea and am seeking no validation so was just going to ignore the usual internet crap but the level of certainty with which you say things is staggering considering you don’t know me or who might have told me.

Here’s a shovel and carry on as its your perogative to be the classic internet fool that opposes everything because they think they know it all. Just because you can’t get your head around things doesn’t mean it can’t be possible.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Hoping we'll finally see Ampadu and CHO, at least tonight. If not more squad / youth players. We can pretty much put out a completely different team tonight and Sunday, only player I would keep from the normal first team is Kepa. Good the club reduced ticket prices tonight so hopefully will be a decent atmosphere.

We need to rotate or we're going to suffer later in the season. Last time we were in the Europa and did well we played 69 games in total for the season. I'd say the current style of play is more demanding though, can't have 6 players playing 60+ matches as we did in 12/13.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I kinda like how no one was talking about them but they're up there and look like they'll be competing for the title. Mainly because the two everyone is talking about are fecking City and Liverpool.

Also that Sarri was never a name being mentioned when managers were talked about, but he's got them playing better football instantly. Just goes to show it's not always about the hype trains.

I don't respect Chelsea as a club, but is it weird that I don't hate them? Their fun to hate players have left and they're just quietly getting on with things.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I kinda like how no one was talking about them but they're up there and look like they'll be competing for the title. Mainly because the two everyone is talking about are fecking City and Liverpool.

Also that Sarri was never a name being mentioned when managers were talked about, but he's got them playing better football instantly. Just goes to show it's not always about the hype trains.

I don't respect Chelsea as a club, but is it weird that I don't hate them? Their fun to hate players have left and they're just quietly getting on with things.
He was the hipsters choices, there was just no guarantee he could translate what he did at Napoli easily. I have to say he looks like the real deal, I never expected him to get it right this quickly - I only knew about him and his style as my best mate is a Naples fan and wouldn't stop showing me videos of his training. Serie A just isn't respected as it was before, I guess.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
We're a one man team upfront. I'm not too confident of a title challenge. Even if Hazard keeps on going with this form and remains injury free, I'm not sure if it's going to be enough. But obviously I'm chuffed that we're playing this well.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was the hipsters choices, there was just no guarantee he could translate what he did at Napoli easily. I have to say he looks like the real deal, I never expected him to get it right this quickly - I only knew about him and his style as my best mate is a Naples fan and wouldn't stop showing me videos of his training. Serie A just isn't respected as it was before, I guess.
He's a very good manager, but I don't think he's been that good and I don't think his system has been implemented as smoothly as results suggest.

A lot has and will continue to ride on Hazard in this phenomenal batch of form. Long season ahead of him.

padr81

Supports
Man City
We're a one man team upfront. I'm not too confident of a title challenge. Even if Hazard keeps on going with this form and remains injury free, I'm not sure if it's going to be enough. But obviously I'm chuffed that we're playing this well.
As long as your one man is on it, you'll be there or there abouts.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
My only doubts are with them competing in the Europa League. English teams which compete in that in the past haven't challenged for the title, and Sarri isn't really one for rotation - though he did rotate more than I was expecting last game. If they continue to progress into the latter stages and Sarri starts to use the first team more I think it'll take its toll.

Think its a bit weird they're pandering to Cahill. He said he'd be leaving if he wasn't getting more game time and now he's been promoted to third choice defender on the bench ahead of Christensen and Ampadu. He'll still probably end up leaving while at the same time those two will have been pissed off a bit at being frozen out. Ampadu is still very young so will probably benefit from a loan move but Christensen will probably look to leave. Fat chance of that happening though with 3 years left on his contract next summer.

Canagel

He's a very good manager, but I don't think he's been that good and I don't think his system has been implemented as smoothly as results suggest.

A lot has and will continue to ride on Hazard in this phenomenal batch of form. Long season ahead of him.
Yes but he's got Hazard attacking more and less defending/tracking back like was doing before. All the credit is to Sarri. Hazard has always been a top player but he never had an attacking manager until now.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
We're certainly not the finished article yet but the change in our style of play has gone far more smoothly than I would've thought.

I've got my doubts about Kepa and centre forward is a concern but looking at the rest of the league, I don't see why we can't put in a title challenge.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
We're certainly not the finished article yet but the change in our style of play has gone far more smoothly than I would've thought.

I've got my doubts about Kepa and centre forward is a concern but looking at the rest of the league, I don't see why we can't put in a title challenge.
Kepa was fantastic today and was against Liverpool as well. Just hasn't really had much to do this season.

United after the break will be his biggest test as I'm sure Mou will have all of his giants like Fellaini standing right on Kepa every set piece.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
This is 100% true.
I simply cannot get as wound up about Chelsea as City or Liverpool. Simple as that. I'd take Chelsea winning tropies any day over those two clubs.
And the end of the day both sets of fans have a mutual hatred of the scousers. And nobody wants to see them anywhere near a prem title.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Kepa was fantastic today and was against Liverpool as well. Just hasn't really had much to do this season.

United after the break will be his biggest test as I'm sure Mou will have all of his giants like Fellaini standing right on Kepa every set piece.
Kepa looked shaky against Cardiff on set pieces and a few times this week against Videoton. But he's growing in confidence.

Mourinho will be certain to exploit potential weaknesses in set pieces as well as really test our left side with someone pacy like Rashford. If Mata starts on the right, we can probably keep him quiet.

What has happened to Herrera? If he's not playing, Mourinho will probably have Fred man mark Hazard when he moves centrally.