Chelsea 2018/19 - 3rd and European Champions. Sarri, not sorry

Pete Dahh Sneak

Supports
Chelsea
I can’t watch Willian anymore. The right side of Willian/Kante/Azpilicueta hurts my eyes when we’re in possession.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I would back them to give City a run for their money if only they didn't have that donkey Morata up top, lack of goals from their CF would hurt them like they did in 13/14.

Fantastic to watch though, the pace at which they played out from the back is something United fans can only dream of given how technically lacking most of our players are. :(

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I would back them to give City a run for their money if only they didn't have that donkey Morata up top, lack of goals from their CF would hurt them like they did in 13/14.

Fantastic to watch though, the pace at which they played out from the back is something United fans can only dream of given how technically lacking most of our players are. :(
Luiz was a burden until Sarri came in. Its all about coaching.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Kante can't pass, they said!

His passing is really, really good. I don't know who people are watching!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They were great against Liverpool. Loved watching their style of play. Their lack of a quality CF hurts them though. They'd have beaten Liverpool by a couple of goals of they had one proper striker.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
They were great against Liverpool. Loved watching their style of play. Their lack of a quality CF hurts them though. They'd have beaten Liverpool by a couple of goals of they had one proper striker.
Does this fictional scenario also count Firmino and Salah's chances cleared of the line? And the 3-4 other chances out of form Salah had? We were the side that was done by poor finishing and not Chelsea.

Major

Supports
chelsea
I think we need max 3 top class signings to make our team complete.
A combative but yet technically good CB to partner Rudiger. A clinical and also technically gifted striker who can link up play with the midfield and wingers and another quality goal scoring right winger ( emphasis on speed, movement and finishing. How Shurlle would have been perfect for this system).

I think the first two are the most important as we can make to a little without the RW.

Don't know about the CB but Richarlison comes to mind for the striker role.

Major

Supports
chelsea
Does this fictional scenario also count Firmino and Salah's chances cleared of the line? And the 3-4 other chances out of form Salah had? We were the side that was done by poor finishing and not Chelsea.
Give it a rest buddy. What you get is what you put at the back of the net. In the end you have an individual top drawer effort from Sturridge to thank for getting a point at the Bridge.
I never get these ‘what ifs' arguments.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Not sure how anyone can say Chelsea deserved to win yesterday. Both sides put enough into that game to deserve a point.

Ether

Imagine if Conte wasn't fixated on having a target man in his team and they were able to swap Michy for Aubameyang in January, their attack would be fantastic.

Adcuth

Anyone else think kepa should have saved sturridges shot yesterday. That's the type of shot de gea makes his name on. Better positioning and he keeps that out

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
I think they'll take a season to get into gear and hopefully Hazard will leave for Real Madrid next season.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Anyone else think kepa should have saved sturridges shot yesterday. That's the type of shot de gea makes his name on. Better positioning and he keeps that out
He had no chance at that. If he was an inch taller maybe. Don't think any keeper would've thought Sturridge was audacious enough to shoot form there.

scholesyboy18

He had no chance at that. If he was an inch taller maybe. Don't think any keeper would've thought Sturridge was audacious enough to shoot form there.
I thought if the keeper went with his left hand he had a chance to save it, but he went with his right hand to the left upper shoulder which does not make sense.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I thought if the keeper went with his left hand he had a chance to save it, but he went with his right hand to the left upper shoulder which does not make sense.
He was diving to his left so his right shoulder was the top one - don't think there was anything wrong with his technique or positioning frankly; it was just a one in a million shot.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
I wonder how they will fair now that Abramovic is gone. Setting a marker here to see the effect.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Hope kovacic gets a permanent deal at the end of the season. The three midfielders did fantastic to beat liverpools press on occasion, something city have struggled to do. On that note thank god we got jorginho instead or else no one would get the ball off them for the whole 90. Can see why pep wanted him. Fantastic player.

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
Hope kovacic gets a permanent deal at the end of the season. The three midfielders did fantastic to beat liverpools press on occasion, something city have struggled to do. On that note thank god we got jorginho instead or else no one would get the ball off them for the whole 90. Can see why pep wanted him. Fantastic player.
I think we did the Prem a big favour by keeping Jorginho away from Pep, he’s a wonderful player.

I’m always worried when signing players from Seri A and to be quite honest he looked dreadful in the Community Shield vs City. Thankfully that seems like a one off. He seems to get better with every game!

Agree on Kovacic too, he has it all. Very good passer, lovely dribbling ability, gets into dangerous positions, very combative in defensive phases of play - we need to make him a priority this summer.

Hazza83

Supports
Liverpool
I think they'll take a season to get into gear and hopefully Hazard will leave for Real Madrid next season.
Quite likely, if his recent interview is anything to go by.

He said that speaking honestly, he wanted to leave Chelsea after the WC but they wouldn’t sell. He said he was generally happy in London, so he agreed to stay; however, his dream is to play in Spain.

Maybe a Hazard for Kovacic plus cash swap?

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
That was imo the most impressive thing about your team. We are arguably the best pressing team youre going to meet all season and you played through us several times I dont think City played through us that many times in our 3 wins against them combined. Youre going to play through any team, City included and any team that presses you will probably get destroyed.

criticalanalysis

He was diving to his left so his right shoulder was the top one - don't think there was anything wrong with his technique or positioning frankly; it was just a one in a million shot.
Yeah I thought De Gea would have saved that. In fact, I'm sure RedCafe would have had a go at him letting that in.

It was a great shot but Kepa dived under it because he didn't move his feet/shift across fast enough. I'm probably being harsh but I see this a lot (relatively) in keepers. Pickford first to come to mind.

They react to the shot and make an attempt to dive for the shot first rather than using their feet/length to protect the goal if that make senses. Strictly talking about long distance shots btw.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
When did Abramovic go? Link please!
Abramovic has gone, since about two weeks ago as he was treated like shit by the government. I don't know who has taken over it might be Jim Ratcliffe.

All of the top Abramovic people from operations have gone and that is how I know.

The newspapers will catch wind of it eventually and there will be a link but for now you just have to believe what I tell you or not...

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Luiz was a burden until Sarri came in. Its all about coaching.
What are you on about? Luiz was at the heart of Conte's defence which cruised to a PL title. Conte's style relies on CBs being able to play out from the back, which is one of the reasons he went for Luiz once he couldn't sign Bonucci.
He was in top form for him that season and once Conte had a falling out with him, he had to play Azpilicueta at CB to makeup for the lack of ball playing ability of the others in the backline.

Luiz didn't magically start playing better because Sarri twirled his magic wand, he's been solid for them ever since he went there.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah I thought De Gea would have saved that. In fact, I'm sure RedCafe would have had a go at him letting that in.

It was a great shot but Kepa dived under it because he didn't move his feet/shift across fast enough. I'm probably being harsh but I see this a lot (relatively) in keepers. Pickford first to come to mind.

They react to the shot and make an attempt to dive for the shot first rather than using their feet/length to protect the goal if that make senses. Strictly talking about long distance shots btw.

Not if he had a Spain shirt on he wouldn't of.

In all serious though any Chelsea fan that thinks Kepa should've been saving that needs examining, a good shot that was buried top bins.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Don't think anyone would've saved that Sturridge shot unless they knew it was coming before the ball left his foot. It was a freak goal which, if he triest it another 50 times, he will never replicate.

Ofcourse, if you tell Kepa, okay Sturridge will shoot the ball with a high curve in to the top corner, he can position himsels correctly and he can save it, but that's not how goal keeping works.

I know these things, because I filled in for our goalkeeper once when I was 15 and was shite at it.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Abramovic has gone, since about two weeks ago as he was treated like shit by the government. I don't know who has taken over it might be Jim Ratcliffe.

All of the top Abramovic people from operations have gone and that is how I know.

The newspapers will catch wind of it eventually and there will be a link but for now you just have to believe what I tell you or not...
How do you know before any media outlet?

RooneyLegend

I can’t watch Willian anymore. The right side of Willian/Kante/Azpilicueta hurts my eyes when we’re in possession.
True it's like the Arsenal sides of the early 2000's where the right side was just the to cover for the other side. A more balanced side would help Chelsea imo.
You can't judge keepers on De Gea's standards.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Don't think anyone would've saved that Sturridge shot unless they knew it was coming before the ball left his foot. It was a freak goal which, if he triest it another 50 times, he will never replicate.

Ofcourse, if you tell Kepa, okay Sturridge will shoot the ball with a high curve in to the top corner, he can position himsels correctly and he can save it, but that's not how goal keeping works.

I know these things, because I filled in for our goalkeeper once when I was 15 and was shite at it.
He almost scored an identical goal in the League Cup game a few days earlier.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Wow, really, okay hats of to him in that case. Point is, you can't really blame a goal keeper for not anticipating he will perfectly curl it into the top corner from that range. And saying this was a mistake does a disservice to an incredible strike imho.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
What are you on about? Luiz was at the heart of Conte's defence which cruised to a PL title. Conte's style relies on CBs being able to play out from the back, which is one of the reasons he went for Luiz once he couldn't sign Bonucci.
He was in top form for him that season and once Conte had a falling out with him, he had to play Azpilicueta at CB to makeup for the lack of ball playing ability of the others in the backline.

Luiz didn't magically start playing better because Sarri twirled his magic wand, he's been solid for them ever since he went there.
Azpi was a CB during the title season too.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea

Bullsh*t until proven true I say

Treble

But didn't score a similar goal for his entire career do date? Which kinda proves that it was a freak goal. He probably won't score another goal like that all season.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
Because unless you have first hand knowledge of the situation this is speculation. That's why
And the point again is that the media rarely have this first hand knowledge. They know most things when the clubs want it to be known and at other times they are embargoed until the club wants something released. There is no investigative journalism in sports reporting and most of the time they just make shit up to sell papers or get clicks. I wouldn't trust a thing they write :lol:

Just to provoke some thought about this take this into account. I have never posted in this thread or many others in the football forum, I have no interest in Chelsea really and there's no reason for me to speculate on anything Chelsea related and really there is nothing to gain. Why would I post something like this completely out of the blue and about Chelsea?