Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Smalling

This lot won't challenge for top four. Obviously.

I look forward to seeing how long this new long-term approach to managers will last.

Chief123

600m spent and they still look terrible. Loving this Clearlake project.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Potter has been in long enough to start seeing an impact on the pitch. It doesn’t take that long. We’ve seen it with Ten Hag. Liverpool saw it with Klopp. City with Pep. Arteta probably the outlier in this regard but my instinct tells me he’s a flop and long may he stay there.

Another thing that I think is always overlooked in these situations is English managers language barrier with a lot of players that managers from elsewhere can navigate much better.
Wait: you think Arteta is a flop?

Vapor trail

It's going to take them time to play as a proper team. Lacked intensity and goal threat. Potter is a good manager it's the raised expectations that will speed up his time to implement changes. I somewhat agree with what Carragher said in the pre match interview he's (Potter) in a harder position now compared to just after the summer.

redcucumber

That point gets sees them leapfrog Liverpool. They are making their money back already!

BlueHaze

Bahely is the Avrem Glazer of Chelsea. They've spent boatloads of cash now on an entirely unbalanced squad. As I said, Enzo is a good midfielder but for that price no way in dantes inferno, absolutely no way! There is a reason literally no one else wanted to pay that clause. It is one of the grossest overvaluations I've ever seen, Benfica took baoehly's pants down, completely rinsed him and then tore him a new one!

Other signings like Badiashille & Nkunku are more understandable but this guy has the typical yank owner mentality of spending without a plan. Car crash of a team.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Back to being apathetic about Chelsea. Christ we are dull.

George The Best

Bahely is the Avrem Glazer of Chelsea. They've spent boatloads of cash now on an entirely unbalanced squad. As I said, Enzo is a good midfielder but for that price no way in dantes inferno, absolutely no way! There is a reason literally no one else wanted to pay that clause. It is one of the grossest overvaluations I've ever seen, Benfica took baoehly's pants down, completely rinsed him and then tore him a new one!

Other signings like Badiashille & Nkunku are more understandable but this guy has the typical yank owner mentality of spending without a plan. Car crash of a team.
Absolutely agree. They desperately needed a proven striker, spent over 500m and didn’t buy one. Bonkers

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Honestly Chelsea fans rate these signings out of 10

Pulisic
Ziyech
Havertz
Koulibaly
Sterling
Cucurella

Unfortunately as they've already left I can't ask for your ratings for Werner or Lukaku

BlueHaze

And I must add. Something I am very surprised about is the demise of Kai Havertz. This player looked an immense talent and helped them win the CL. Now he looks like Scott MocTominay in blue!

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
The set up is all wrong. These manic spending sprees were paying over the odds is a given, combined with a soft touch manager who doesn't take authority of the squad and allows his chairmen to recruit via scattergun is not something any serious club should worry about

Enigma_87

You know who
Honestly Chelsea fans rate these signings out of 10

Pulisic
Ziyech
Havertz
Koulibaly
Sterling
Cucurella

Unfortunately as they've already left I can't ask for your ratings for Werner or Lukaku
10 out of 10. If you combine all six of them that is.

cyberman

Surely they have the most expensively assembled strike force of all time? Strikers alone would be touching others total squad fees.
Win tomorrow and we’re 12 clear and there’s no way Chelsea are catching us up. They looked far too disjoined with only two of their new signings starting.

Dan_F

Surely they have the most expensively assembled strike force of all time? Strikers alone would be touching others total squad fees.
Win tomorrow and we’re 12 clear and there’s no way Chelsea are catching us up. They looked far too disjoined with only two of their new signings starting.
Most expensive strike force that doesn’t have any actual strikers? :lol:

BarstoolProphet

Buying a completely new team obviously means it will take time for it to click so today's result is no surprise. Question is if they can afford to wait until it clicks. In the meantime it's enjoyable for the rest of us.

cyberman

Most expensive strike force that doesn’t have any actual strikers? :lol:
Lukaku is 100 odd million
Havertz was what? 80m?
Pulisic was 70 odd million
Musryk 100 odd million
Nkunku for next season is 60 odd million
Sterling almost 50m
Ziyech 33m
Fofana 10m

it’s mind boggling

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Genuinely one of the worst teams I’ve watched in years, somehow they’re even worse to watch than Spurs

George The Best

What in the feck has Boehly done? Splashed loads of cash on random players and wages on long contracts. Not going to be much left for the so called infrastructure/stadium redevelopment.

footballbite

Madueke and Fofana both looked quite dangerous when they came on. Oddly enough two of their least expensive signings.

They're clearly still missing a top level no.9 to finish their chances though. Nkunku could maybe be that next season I guess.

Last edited:

Infestissumam

they've signed some exciting and talented players, but that doesn't make a great team. They've signed, what, 13 players or so since the summer? With 2 more incoming already in the upcoming summer (Gusto and Nkunku). That's just not how you build a team ... even if most of their transfers don't flop, it's going to take a while until you see a cohesive team on the pitch.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Pretty much sums up the season.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Makes me laugh that when Woodward splashed the cash it was seen a stupid/panic buying and frivolous. When Chad Boehly does it he's seen as some sort of god.

Dr. StrangeHate

Fofana and Maudeke seemed decent. Mudryk did show something in the game against Liverpool. Fernandez did alright too. I do think they have a decent squad now, just not sure if Potter is the one to take them forward.

Threesus

Fofana and Maudeke seemed decent. Mudryk did show something in the game against Liverpool. Fernandez did alright too. I do think they have a decent squad now, just not sure if Potter is the one to take them forward.
He might be like arteta, you never know. I didn’t rate arteta at all but he has completely changed my opinion of him this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.