Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Pretty much sums up the season.

What exactly were those clear cut chances ? Havertz's first one was offside and another was pretty tight. He isn't finishing from that angle.

The Fofana chance where it was blocked by last man - that is the only chance we are talking.

To sum up, you are creating feck all.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
What exactly were those clear cut chances ? Havertz's first one was offside and another was pretty tight. He isn't finishing from that angle.

The Fofana chance where it was blocked by last man - that is the only chance we are talking.

To sum up, you are creating feck all.
That tweet wasn’t about tonight only. We keep burning every good chance we create. But both the Havertz lob off the post and Fofana’s chances were by definition clear cut chances.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Also, I don’t think Potter is the man to head the project at this point, but you can’t deny he’s got an impossible task now. Buying a million new players is great until you realize it’s impossible for a manager to find a settled starting XI considering all of the signings are young and need minutes to settle and develop.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
3 consecutive clean sheets. We’re on our way back :wenger:

Dolf

They need to trim their squad. Bring it down to a good core and sell the others. Then bring in a good striker in the summer and I can see them getting top 4 next season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Genuinely think they played fine tonight with the side they put out and the quality of Fulham this season who are settled and well structured. Chelsea are still integrating a lot of players. The next three games are a bit make or break for me. West Ham, Dortmund and Southampton. All sides that haven't been great this season and they should really be winning against. I don't think he can get away without winning at least two. He can't really afford to lose any.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Classless club. Of all the clubs I’d love to see disappear it would be them.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Speaking of 5 goals. Andrey Santos has now scored 5 goals at the U20 Sudamericano. We might have a gem on our hands here. The Enzo Fernandez before Benfica snapped him up.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Speaking of 5 goals. Andrey Santos has now scored 5 goals at the U20 Sudamericano. We might have a gem on our hands here. The Enzo Fernandez before Benfica snapped him up.

Scruffy goal.

Precaution

Hardly a worldwide that, crap defending and keeping really, Santos just snatched at it like a kid in a playground

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Hardly a worldwide that, crap defending and keeping really, Santos just snatched at it like a kid in a playground
No one said it was a worldie. That was just the goal he scored tonight. His 5th of the tournament.

Chief123

Honestly Chelsea fans rate these signings out of 10

Pulisic
Ziyech
Havertz
Koulibaly
Sterling
Cucurella

Unfortunately as they've already left I can't ask for your ratings for Werner or Lukaku
Not a chelsea fan but my ratings of what I’ve seen of them.

Pulisic - 5 (injury prone)
Ziyech - 6
Havertz - 3 such a nothing player.
Koulibaly - 3
Sterling - 4
Cucurella - 4

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Honestly Chelsea fans rate these signings out of 10

Pulisic
Ziyech
Havertz
Koulibaly
Sterling
Cucurella

Unfortunately as they've already left I can't ask for your ratings for Werner or Lukaku
Pulisic 4
Ziyech 4
Havertz 5.5

Feels unfair to put a rating on the latter 3 as they have been here less than a season but it’s safe to say it does not look promising.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I'm not sure what your obsession with 'believing' and PR is all about. City offer highly incentivised deals so due to their recent success, naturally his actual wages would be higher. Mudryk has a baseline of 95k. If he plays, does well, and so does the team it would be expected under the new structure that he would earn 150k-200k. Under the old chelsea regime he would have earned 150k+ regardless of his performances and contact bonuses were largely centered around trophies. This is not conjecture, this is fact. It is now different to what it was. That doesn't mean a good player who contributes won't be earning high wages. It means shitty ones like Bakayoko won't be.
Well done owners and Journalists, mission accomplished.

Selling the old concept as new and people lapping it up.

Last edited:

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Potters style is VERY m, very complicated. So… they didn’t use it. They played extremely basic, and with not trying to get overwork players coming back or not yet at match fitness for new injuries.

That said … the same concerns were only highlighted here:

1. Badiashile and Silva are more dangerous creative players than Mount and Gallagher. People say they play with “spirit” …. But that’s like saying a girls has a nice personality if someone asks if she’s fit.

If you were playing someone like Rice … or even Zakaria in the 6 and had Enzo as one of the 8’s … that alone would be huge.

But we need to make decisions on these guys; Gallagher especially … just kills transition most times.

2. Havertz had some gilt chances and was very lackadaisical about it. He needs to decide if he’s a striker or not. It’s not even about quality. If anything he needs to simplify his approach in some areas m, and then also work his @ss off working with Mudryks trainer. If he’s really a second attacker or creator, then he needs to add some foot quickness and creativity stat; cuz he is bare of either. Either way, it is an issue and they, again, need to make a decision.

Bottom line: if any one Havertz chances goes in, Fofana scores his, or Enzo’s dies t go just wide… we’re discussing what a miracle it is they can play together do so well, so quickly.

And everyone came out healthy.

One thing I DO need from Pottters staff… there is a certain level of fitness preparation that ETH, Arteta, and Klopp instill in their teams. I have heard it’s lacking at Cobham. I’m gonna give them the benefit of the doubt that was because they literally had to be afraid of losing even one more body a month ago…. But it needs to change.

bringbackbebe

Potters style is VERY m, very complicated. So… they didn’t use it. They played extremely basic, and with not trying to get overwork players coming back or not yet at match fitness for new injuries.

1. Badiashile and Silva are more dangerous creative players than Mount and Gallagher. People say they play with “spirit” …. But that’s like saying a girls has a nice personality if someone asks if she’s fit.

If you were playing someone like Rice … or even Zakaria in the 6 and had Enzo as one of the 8’s … that alone would be huge.

But we need to make decisions on these guys; Gallagher especially … just kills transition most times.

2. Havertz had some gilt chances and was very lackadaisical about it. He needs to decide if he’s a striker or not. It’s not even about quality. If anything he needs to simplify his approach in some areas m, and then also work his @ss off working with Mudryks trainer. If he’s really a second attacker or creator, then he needs to add some foot quickness and creativity stat; cuz he is bare of either. Either way, it is an issue and they, again, need to make a decision.

Bottom line: if any one Havertz chances goes in, Fofana scores his, or Enzo’s dies t go just wide… we’re discussing what a miracle it is they can play together do so well, so quickly.

One thing I DO need from Pottters staff… there is a certain level of fitness preparation that ETH, Arteta, and Klopp instill in their teams. I have heard it’s lacking at Cobham. I’m gonna give them the benefit of the doubt that was because they literally had to be afraid of losing even one more body a month ago…. But it needs to change.
Are you sure? Looks a bit limited further adding only a couple of center backs, a world class number 6 and a couple of good strikers.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Not a chelsea fan but my ratings of what I’ve seen of them.

Pulisic - 5 (injury prone)
Ziyech - 6
Havertz - 3 such a nothing player.
Koulibaly - 3
Sterling - 4
Cucurella - 4
Ziyech a 6? I agree with the rest for the most part. Ziyech though is definitely a 3 at best. Lazy and uninspiring, has done absolutely nothing and then complains when he is dropped.

I called it when he signed that Werner was better than Sterling and many people tried to shoot me down for it. Sure the man couldn’t shoot but he created space for the team and we made so many clear opportunities to score when he played. It’s no surprise that’s changed with Sterling who was always a poor finisher and nothing else.

Cucurella is a disappointment. Something clearly isn’t right as he definitely performed better last season. Hopefully it’s just a consequence of the team being diabolical but not looking good. Koulibaly I had never watched or cared to watch. Clearly his reputation proceeded him.

BEST No7

Played basic all season. Just potters Brighton all over, all foreplay no pentration.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
how was mudryk yesterday? people talk about him as one of the best in the league after a 20 min performance so id liike to see how he settles down long term

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Pulisic 4
Ziyech 4
Havertz 5.5

Feels unfair to put a rating on the latter 3 as they have been here less than a season but it’s safe to say it does not look promising.
How would you rate Casimero, Martinez, Eriksen, Antony and Malacia, who "have been here less than a season"? A fecking dam sight higher than the shit show of players your shoddy little club has spunked on a whole pile of crap over the past 6 months or so.

Classless club. Of all the clubs I’d love to see disappear it would be them.
Couldn't put it better myself.

I've hated City with a horrible hate my whole life and their lottery win only makes it worse, but, at the very least, you can't argue that they're not a very well run club, unfortunately.

Thiagoal

They need to trim their squad. Bring it down to a good core and sell the others. Then bring in a good striker in the summer and I can see them getting top 4 next season.
Trimming their squad will be far easier said than done! They have a LOT of players on large, long contracts so most will end up on loan or just rotting on the bench! Building a decent team spirit is going to be tough too!

Chief123

Pulisic 4
Ziyech 4
Havertz 5.5

On the flip side, Casemiro and Martinez have been here the same time and brought into a team in a much worse situation than Chelsea’s yet both have been 2 of the best players in the league. If players can be praised in that short period they are also open to criticism.

2 of the latter 3 are not even new to the league. They’ve both got premier league experience.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Potter will be sacked soon i assume. He don't have any more excuse that against Fulham at home only two shots on target it is over for him i am afraid. Boehly and co not looked happy.

Someone pictured in Stamford bridge with Finkelstein have already lined up in my opinion to replace Potter.

Red_Heisenberg

All that money they've spent and they still have kai havertz starting up top for them.

That is absolutely criminal.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Jomo getting frustrated at Roma, I wonder if Chelsea would take him back? Would the Chelsea fans want him back?

cyberman

Potter will be sacked soon i assume. He don't have any more excuse that against Fulham at home only two shots on target it is over for him i am afraid. Boehly and co not looked happy.

Someone pictured in Stamford bridge with Finkelstein have already lined up in my opinion to replace Potter.
How can you sack him now? All I heard was you can’t sack Potter until he has his own players.
If that’s true for Potter then how, in the utter feck, will the next manager ever get a chance to succeed when he can’t bring in his own players. That logic doesn’t just stop because Chelsea spent 600m!
You can’t sack two manager weeks after spending 300m a piece on windows that literally just closed.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
How can you sack him now? All I heard was you can’t sack Potter until he has his own players.
If that’s true for Potter then how, in the utter feck, will the next manager ever get a chance to succeed when he can’t bring in his own players. That logic doesn’t just stop because Chelsea spent 600m!
You can’t sack two manager weeks after spending 300m a piece on windows that literally just closed.
Simple backing bad manager was as bad as sacking good one. We didn't see any thing improved from patterns to style of play. Players looked confused and his decisions to start players like ziyech who didn't want to be here. It was over for him and rightly so in my opinion.

I said this when tuchel was sacked the new owners made a terrible mistake. With tuchel at least we knew what he was capable of when have a fit squad but with Potter we are just a mid table team. No matter what.

Last edited:

CM

As much as Chelsea have continued to overspend on just about every player bought in January, the signings do seem a lot more targeted. You can already see how someone like Badiashile is improving the team, for example. You'd expect the same to come from Felix, Mudryk and Fernandez as well.

They've pretty much already replaced Koulibaly and Aubameyang from the summer. It must be nice to have the luxury to write off £50m worth of signings like that after 6 months. Does anyone know a ballpark figure for how much more Chelsea can spend before they start getting stung by FFP? Preferably an answer without the word ammortisation included, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.