Chelsea 2023/24 season thread.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
People said that at 35, 36, 37 and now 38.

Of course eventually he'll be phased out of the side but if Poch comes in and ignores him because of his date of birth, he's an idiot.

There's nobody better for Colwill and the others to learn from than Silva.

Chelsea have got rid of a lot of the senior players, we need Silva more than ever as an influence.
Silva will still be an integral member of the team due to his leadership quality, but I m not sure that he will be their 1st choice center back. I will be surprised if he is.

To be fair how do we know it hasn’t already started to show and was simply hidden in the shit show of their season last year?
Even though Chelsea was poor last season, Silva was easily one of their best center back along with Badishelle. There was some glimpses of poor performances that show his age and Chelsea as a whole didn't really have the best defensive record last season, but it wasn't too noticeable. That is why there is no argument being made that Silva should leave or retire from what I have seen so far.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
That young lad looks good who’s playing for England u21 in euros, think he’s a forward player for yous. He’ll break into the first team this season surely?
Madueke you mean?

He played in 12 out of 18 league games possible after signing in January and was well on his way to becoming a starter towards the end of the season so yeah chances are he'll feature a lot next season too. Assuming Pulisic and Ziyech will be gone he'll even have very little competition for a starting place at RW.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Madueke you mean?

He played in 12 out of 18 league games possible after signing in January and was well on his way to becoming a starter towards the end of the season so yeah chances are he'll feature a lot next season too. Assuming Pulisic and Ziyech will be gone he'll even have very little competition for a starting place at RW.
Oh was he signed. Had the impression he was from your youth team.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Oh was he signed. Had the impression he was from your youth team.
Yeah he joined for £28M from PSV where he'd already played a couple of seasons in their first team. Before moving to the Netherlands he'd spent a few years at Spurs' academy.

cyberman

Silva will still be an integral member of the team due to his leadership quality, but I m not sure that he will be their 1st choice center back. I will be surprised if he is.

Even though Chelsea was poor last season, Silva was easily one of their best center back along with Badishelle. There was some glimpses of poor performances that show his age and Chelsea as a whole didn't really have the best defensive record last season, but it wasn't too noticeable. That is why there is no argument being made that Silva should leave or retire from what I have seen so far.
Being one of Chelsea best players last season meant nothing. They were relegation form from about week 5 onwards. That’s what I mean by the teams form hiding a drop in performances when the argument is at least he wasn’t as bad as Koulibaly

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Being one of Chelsea best players last season meant nothing. They were relegation form from about week 5 onwards. That’s what I mean by the teams form hiding a drop in performances when the argument is at least he wasn’t as bad as Koulibaly
Silva only lagging in speed but he compensates with his gane reading and positional sense. His game reading and positional sense among top level and it never goes down with age.

Our last season defensive record still among top 3 behind only to city and newcastle until lampard took over.

We rarely put same personal in defense even for two games in a row. With the way our back five fitness played out that numbers in defense not that bad.

Defense wont be a problem.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
To be fair how do we know it hasn’t already started to show and was simply hidden in the shit show of their season last year?
Silva's best career season coming up!

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Silva should be out of the door by now. Fofana and Badishile are the future.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Malo Gusto could be a game changer for us. That boy is quality. Want to see him Reece and madueke in right side axis.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66152580

Chelsea: Club reveal new home shirt with no sponsor
That's a beautiful looking shirt. I would buy that immediately.

The whole sponsor situation is a genuine clusterfeck though. They tried Paramount which was blocked by the PL then they tried to go with Stake which is some kind of weird dodgy crypto betting company, which received a lot fan backlash so they backed out of that and now we're here, releasing shirts with no sponsor but telling fans it's on sale but what they're buying won't be the final version of the shirt.

It's the most beautiful looking shirt we've had in years though, so I'm not complaining. I'll probably buy one before they secure a sponsor and take the unsponsored shirts off the shelves. Feels like buying a limited edition shirt.

Last edited:

autopilot

Supports
Chelsea
I'll probably buy one before they secure a sponsor and take the non-sponsored shirts off the shelves. Feels buying a limited edition shirt.
Will these be able to be bought without a sponsor? If so I'm definitely getting one.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
That is the best kit releases so far, absolutely stunning !

Newtonius

Is "Mineral's FC" well known at all in the Chelsea fan community?

Seems a bit out there especially with his hatred of Boehly/love for Mount and Havertz but honestly i think hes hilarious, saw him linked on Reddit and these passionate guys is what the game is all about for me.

https://www.youtube.com/live/J9-pR0aN7hc?feature=share

22:30 for a particularly great rant :lol:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Is "Mineral's FC" well known at all in the Chelsea fan community?
No. Never heard of it until now. 6k subs suggests it's really new or really shit.

The only Cheslea "fan channel" worth watching was when Sophie Rose used to do one, and even then I'd watch it on mute. The rest are clueless bellends trying to be AFTV.

redcucumber

The shirt is ruined by the neck. Should have continued with the white trim, similar to the Brazil 1998 away shirt. Morons.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I actually think it looks like a generic Nike training top, my son has 1 similar just without the pattern.
Yeah, looks so generic. Seen a better training tops than these kits.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Haters gonna hate :nono:
I thought I'd like sponsorless tops to be honest but with a lot of them I've seen they do just look like training tops. Perhaps I've just gotten too used to sponsors which is a bit sad

klsv

I honestly don't see how that kit is supposed to be inspired by the 90s :confused:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Any shirt without a sponser is better than every shirt with one. Collectors item

Mr Smith

So I just looked at Chelsea's squad and realised that with all the sales they have made, they only currently have two contracted senior Central midfielders at the club; Enzo Fernandez and Connor Gallagher. How did that happen? Feels like that's a pretty urgent situation to address for them.

UsualSuspect

Supports
Chelsea
So I just looked at Chelsea's squad and realised that with all the sales they have made, they only currently have two contracted senior Central midfielders at the club; Enzo Fernandez and Connor Gallagher. How did that happen? Feels like that's a pretty urgent situation to address for them.
Definitely pretty urgent. I don't think Kante and RLC were active transfers. Those were opportunistic - Kante had verbally agreed to a contract extension. Kovacic and Zakaria were always leaving this window. Also important to note that Andrey Santos and Casadei are being considered for the midfield positions and I'd expect Santos to lay a claim for a rotational spot. Lewis Hall is a midfielder as well and impressed last season.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Sell the shirts without sponsors, then in a few weeks time you sell the same folks the new ones with sponsors on.

Mr Smith

Definitely pretty urgent. I don't think Kante and RLC were active transfers. Those were opportunistic - Kante had verbally agreed to a contract extension. Kovacic and Zakaria were always leaving this window. Also important to note that Andrey Santos and Casadei are being considered for the midfield positions and I'd expect Santos to lay a claim for a rotational spot. Lewis Hall is a midfielder as well and impressed last season.
OK so two youth players who might be serviceable rotational options, but surely not enough. Who are you expecting to bring in? Seems like your lot don't want to pay Brighton's asking price for Caicedo (personally I'm hoping this gappens so we can have a shot at him next year when we have more funds). Do you think you'll get him over the line or does the club seem to be looking for alternatives?

bringbackbebe

I was thinking the exact thing. They'll probably add Caicedo but otherwise, do they have plans to build a team around Chuk, Santos etc in first team? Seems very dysfunctional tbh.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's a beautiful looking shirt. I would buy that immediately.

The whole sponsor situation is a genuine clusterfeck though. They tried Paramount which was blocked by the PL then they tried to go with Stake which is some kind of weird dodgy crypto betting company, which received a lot fan backlash so they backed out of that and now we're here, releasing shirts with no sponsor but telling fans it's on sale but what they're buying won't be the final version of the shirt.

It's the most beautiful looking shirt we've had in years though, so I'm not complaining. I'll probably buy one before they secure a sponsor and take the unsponsored shirts off the shelves. Feels like buying a limited edition shirt.
Don’t like the white stuff on the sleeves, personally

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I was thinking the exact thing. They'll probably add Caicedo but otherwise, do they have plans to build a team around Chuk, Santos etc in first team? Seems very dysfunctional tbh.
We will add one more central mid even we sign caicedo. Three signings minimum we will do before window shuts. Our outgoings and caicedo deals still occupied in our transfers.

Hope is before preseason tour we will add caicedo to the squad. Pochettino want to look broja and jackson in training. Then he will decide want to add another striker or not. Similarly goal keeper as well. But both positions if needed will be filled towards end of the window.

Rumours suggested we will add one right side forward most likely cherki and midfielder most likely veiga.

Chukwuemeka,casedai, santos all are highly rated youngsters. After gruel fitness sessions pochettino will decide who will stay and who can go on loan.

Hall only player for us who is left footed can play in midfield box to box. He played as left wingback fir us last season but his natural position left sided central midfielder who can play box to box and has shown ability to play fantastic crosses.

So far we have in numbers.

Goal keeper- kepa, bettinelli, slolina-3

Central defenders- Silva, chalobah, fofana, badiashile, colwill -5

Fullbacks/wingbacks- reece, gusto, chilwell,cucurella, maatsen -5

Midfield- enzo, gallagher, hall, chukwuemeka, casedai, santos -6

Forwards/wingers- sterling, madueke, mudryk -3

Strikers- nkunku, jackson, broja -3

If caicedo,cherki, mamardashvile and veiga added into the squad we will look complete squad wise.