Chelsea appoint Thomas Tuchel

acnumber9

Top 4. CL final. FA cup final albeit lost. But yh incredibly overrated hahaha.

Lets see once he's got his own squad

A clinical striker and we're set
Is immediately after losing to Aston Villa really the time to be giving it the big un about how good Tuchel is?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Top 4. CL final. FA cup final albeit lost. But yh incredibly overrated hahaha.

Lets see once he's got his own squad
So there's a chance his biggest achievement could be squeezing into the top four after relying on Leicester losing... ;)

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Took over in 9th, finished 4th.

Mission very much achieved in the league. Easy peasy.

And he hasn't spent a penny. League manager of the season? If I'm being totally unbiased, definately.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Having a rant when Azpilacunta deserved a red. Don’t see them doing another job on City next week.
Ironically they fare better as underdogs so I think the final next week is exactly the type of match for them.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Top 4 means Tuchel can attract a top striker, which is seriously lacking.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
His starting XIs are very questionable imo. Poor mans Mourinho starting With five defenders and two DMs in a must win game.
We won the league title playing that way.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Ah the old he hasn't had a chance to sign any players argument, the same one we had to listen to about poor old Lampard all of last season

Tuchel will spend millions, eventually get sacked and then his replacement will exempt of any criticism because they'll have yet to spend millions themselves

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Is immediately after losing to Aston Villa really the time to be giving it the big un about how good Tuchel is?
He's achieved wat he was asked. Hes in the biggest final in Europe again next weekend for 2nd season running. Hes a good manager and saying he isnt is utter rubbish.

Just hope he spends Romans millions wisely

Hulksmash

Are Chelsea creating the most chances in the League ? Like missing 3 sitters in each game is becoming standard for them. Is their xG higher then City?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
They aren't scoring chances and they're conceding goals, how is that immense?

Some managers get the easiest ride ever.
They're always creating more than the opponent which is what great teams do. And all that without a pre-season under the nee manager.

Few people can look past results these days. Their quality will last, their bad luck won't.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
That ''top striker'' has to have certain attributes because he isn't using Giroud or Abraham. I genuinely cannot think who Chelsea can get.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Ah the old he hasn't had a chance to sign any players argument, the same one we had to listen to about poor old Lampard all of last season

Tuchel will spend millions, eventually get sacked and then his replacement will exempt of any criticism because they'll have yet to spend millions themselves
Mate we're used to it. Its been successful for best part of 20 yrs. We revel in being written off

acnumber9

He's achieved wat he was asked. Hes in the biggest final in Europe again next weekend for 2nd season running. Hes a good manager and saying he isnt is utter rubbish.

Just hope he spends Romans millions wisely
They limped in because Leicester blew it. I’m not saying he isn’t a good manager by the way. Just really weird timing to come in trying to prove your point.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Are Chelsea creating the most chances in the League ? Like missing 3 sitters in each game is becoming standard for them. Is their xG higher then City?
Which is why I think a clinical striker has us right in title chase

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I agree with you but your lot were saying there was no way Frank was getting sacked the week he got the bullet. Tuchel will be out of a job before the end of next season if Chelsea don't win the CL now. Spoiler, they won't.
So in essence, you believe Tuchel will be fired next season after taking them from 9th to fourth and reaching the UCL and FA cup final. Impressive :)

weltcheftrainer

Supports
schalke
It's easy to say that Chelsea is missing a striker but they aren't allowed to play with 12 men. Finding a player who is clearly better than what they already have up front is very hard. They won't get Mbappe.
And with a guy like Haaland it could turn out that they overall don't improve at all.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
They limped in because Leicester blew it. I’m not saying he isn’t a good manager by the way. Just really weird timing to come in trying to prove your point.
Hes never been a bad manager is my point. But everytime we lose he's questioned as to whether hes overrated. Far too reactionary sometimes on here

Giggs' right foot

So in essence, you believe Tuchel will be fired next season after taking them from 9th to fourth and reaching the UCL and FA cup final. Impressive :)
Well he will, if they don’t challenge for the title. That’s Chelsea’s modus operandi.

acnumber9

Hes never been a bad manager is my point. But everytime we lose he's questioned as to whether hes overrated. Far too reactionary sometimes on here
It may be having how great he is rammed down our throats constantly. This is a United forum after all. Plus this is the pattern all Chelsea managers follow, from Scolari to Lampard, we hear how great they are before they’re inevitably sacked within two years or less.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I believe that's in response to the wild overrating we initially saw from fans, posters here and the media.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
It may be having how great he is rammed down our throats constantly. This is a United forum after all. Plus this is the pattern all Chelsea managers follow, from Scolari to Lampard, we hear how great they are before they’re inevitably sacked within two years or less.
Thats fair. I just think calling tuchel overrated is bizarre. Not aimed at you of course

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
We did enough to win that game twice over. Usual limitations rearing it's head.