Chelsea under Conte | Let's sign the next Hazard, literally.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Yeah, the talk was Lukaka, Sandro and Bakayako, but as Juve have just sold Dani Alves I can't see them losing their other fullback in a single window.
unfortunately we did not sell the wanker, just released him. Sandro would be a huge blow and Juve will do anything possible to keep him.

salford_

unfortunately we did not sell the wanker, just released him. Sandro would be a huge blow and Juve will do anything possible to keep him.
think you'd accept the 70m euros rumoured. read some reports he wanted to go there?

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
think you'd accept the 70m euros rumoured. read some reports he wanted to go there?
I do not think Juve wants to sell, and we do not need to with record turnover and profits this year. It is not a matter of price but of salary. Sandro is still on a relatively low salary of 5M E (gross per year), I think juve can raise to about 8-10 but Chelsea is offering the equivalent of 14 so it depends on whether Sandro will settle for the improved contract with us or will start creating troubles like Alves. For Juve would be a big problem to replace both during the same transfer session

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
How about if we send you Marco Alonso in exchange? ;)
sure :D

This year it would really be tough, if Sandro was to push at all cost and I was in charge I would go for 50+Matic and get back one of our youngsters Spinazzola who has had an incredible season with Atalanta, but I really hope it does not happen now. To be honest I do not understand why Chelsea would make that a priority, Alonso is not bad at all and there are quite a few other positions that require more attention for you guys. I also cannot understand how on earth you could spend almost 100 on Lukaku who is worth half that maybe if that rumour is true.

So far I am not impressed with the names I hear for Chelsea, not sure Conte is either although he has been silly in his management of Costa situation

Last edited:

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I just don't understand why we'd be willing to pay 55mil for Sandro, that would be an awful deal
Isn't he supposed to be basically the best left back on the planet right now?

This year it would really be tough, if Sandro was to push at all cost and I was in charge I would go for 50+Matic and get back one of our youngsters Spinazzola who has had an incredible season with Atalanta, but I really hope it does not happen now. To be honest I do not understand why Chelsea would make that a priority, Alonso is not bad at all and there are quite a few other positions that require more attention for you guys. I also cannot understand how on earth you could spend almost 100 on Lukaku who is worth half that maybe if that rumour is true.

So far I am not impressed with the names I hear for Chelsea, not sure Conte is either although he has been silly in his management of Costa situation
Our wingbacks are probably the obvious place to strengthen our team at the moment, although of course we'll need a Costa replacement too and we're supposedly close to getting in a new CM. Alonso isn't bad, but he's also not great, for a lot of the season he looked like the obvious weak link, even compared to Moses.

As for Lukaka its a wierd one. His numbers are fantastic, but it rankles paying that kind of money for a) a player we sold, and b) a player who can look seriously shit when he's not having a good day. I think Conte has earned the right to make the team in his vision though.

AshfordLad

What is 50+Matic? Matic when he is 50+ or maybe Matic wearing a number 50 chelsea shirt.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus

Our wingbacks are probably the obvious place to strengthen our team at the moment, although of course we'll need a Costa replacement too and we're supposedly close to getting in a new CM. Alonso isn't bad, but he's also not great, for a lot of the season he looked like the obvious weak link, even compared to Moses.

As for Lukaka its a wierd one. His numbers are fantastic, but it rankles paying that kind of money for a) a player we sold, and b) a player who can look seriously shit when he's not having a good day. I think Conte has earned the right to make the team in his vision though.
Sandro is one of the best,but still well behind Marcelo. Sandro though is younger and will further improve, he has already improved massively defensively since he joined.

Regarding Chelsea is a matter of priorities. I think that to play 3 competitions you need 5 very good players. Moses needs an alternative more than Alonso, Then there is at least 1 forward and 1 winger and 1 CB and possibly a subs for Hazard. Sandro is definetly better than Alonso but the marginal improvement would be lower than for the other positions and the value for money lower because of course it would cost a lot. Bear in mind Sandro is a great player but he does not always play at his best. For next year only Alves would add much more value and cost much less. Only drawback is that he has only 2 years left at high level.

ChaddyP

marcelo?

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
So Alex sandro is worth €80m:lol:

PS: Do agree on the £30m range for Matic though.
I did not say that :) I would not buy him for 80M Euro, but since we do not need or want to sell him, I said that if I was in charge a proposal that would be ok for us is that one. It is up to the buyer to convince the seller if a player is not on the market and Chelsea seems to have offered already 65M

Last edited:

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Sandro is one of the best,but still well behind Marcelo. Sandro though is younger and will further improve, he has already improved massively defensively since he joined.

Regarding Chelsea is a matter of priorities. I think that to play 3 competitions you need 5 very good players. Moses needs an alternative more than Alonso, Then there is at least 1 forward and 1 winger and 1 CB and possibly a subs for Hazard. Sandro is definetly better than Alonso but the marginal improvement would be lower than for the other positions and the value for money lower because of course it would cost a lot. Bear in mind Sandro is a great player but he does not always play at his best. For next year only Alves would add much more value and cost much less. Only drawback is that he has only 2 years left at high level.
Hmm, not sure CB and winger is that vital tbh. We have Christiansen coming back who has apparently developed into an absolutely class player, and with Hazard, Pedro, Willian and young Kenedy in the squad, we're not super light on the wings. A top class right winger would be lovely, but Pedro was awesome last year and it doesn't feel like a spot that needs an upgrade. Maybe more depth though.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Hmm, not sure CB and winger is that vital tbh. We have Christiansen coming back who has apparently developed into an absolutely class player, and with Hazard, Pedro, Willian and young Kenedy in the squad, we're not super light on the wings. A top class right winger would be lovely, but Pedro was awesome last year and it doesn't feel like a spot that needs an upgrade. Maybe more depth though.
well if Christensen is ready to play then that is great. I think it would be a mistake to rely on all players having the same level of performances with three competitions especially the CL. Pedro has been good but you need somebody else. Hazard will not be back at his best before 2018 and Willian to be honest is not good enough as a starting player. Kenedy I do not know so cannot comment on that, in any case I see why you are looking for Sandro but he would be my 5th or 6th priority if I was in Antonio's shoes.
For instance bidding on Morata would have made much more sense than spending 100 on Lukaku. I think that if MU buys him our United friends will enjoy him a lot

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
well if Christensen is ready to play then that is great. I think it would be a mistake to rely on all players having the same level of performances with three competitions especially the CL. Pedro has been good but you need somebody else. Hazard will not be back at his best before 2018 and Willian to be honest is not good enough as a starting player. Kenedy I do not know so cannot comment on that, in any case I see why you are looking for Sandro but he would be my 5th or 6th priority if I was in Antonio's shoes.
You're probably right about us being slightly thin on the wings (one bad injury to Eden or Pedro would be seriously) but I'm assuming he's looking first and foremost at how to raise the quality of the starting 11. It'll be interesting to see who goes out as well as comes in. Rumours are Costa, Matic and finally Fabregas, which would annoy me.

For instance bidding on Morata would have made much more sense than spending 100 on Lukaku. I think that if MU buys him our United friends will enjoy him a lot
I'd rather have had Morata personally, but you never know what's gone on behind the scenes. Perhaps he just didn't want to join us, or he had some desire to play for United. I know Chelsea tend to only sign players they feel are enthusiastic about playing for us.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
You're probably right about us being slightly thin on the wings (one bad injury to Eden or Pedro would be seriously) but I'm assuming he's looking first and foremost at how to raise the quality of the starting 11. It'll be interesting to see who goes out as well as comes in. Rumours are Costa, Matic and finally Fabregas, which would annoy me.

I'd rather have had Morata personally, but you never know what's gone on behind the scenes. Perhaps he just didn't want to join us, or he had some desire to play for United. I know Chelsea tend to only sign players they feel are enthusiastic about playing for us.
I do not think that's it. Morata was chosen by Conte at juve then he never played for him because he left us abruptly. But Morata has often said he would have liked to play for Conte, I think both are ok for Conte in the end but he would have chosen Morata so if it will be Lukaku I am not sure who had the final word

D2Z

Supports
Undercover "Chelsea fan" ;)
Bakayoko (got that wrong I know), Van Dijk and Alex Sandro all close to joining Chelsea.

Then add the sure signing of Lukaku... thats some intent from Chelsea.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Is Sandro really close?
Juve has rejected the 60m offer, but it will end up being up to the player because Juve does not have the policy of forcing them to stay against their will when there is a serious offer on the table. The rumours are that we offered a contract extension with increase salary, whether that is enough it remains to be seen

AshfordLad

Juve has rejected the 60m offer, but it will end up being up to the player because Juve does not have the policy of forcing them to stay against their will when there is a serious offer on the table. The rumours are that we offered a contract extension with increase salary, whether that is enough it remains to be seen
To me all this sounds like hogwash from his agent. Chelsea really do not pay that sort of money for players anymore. I mean I would love that if they did but they just dont to it anymore. Same for Van Dijk rumours.

D2Z

Supports
Undercover "Chelsea fan" ;)
To me all this sounds like hogwash from his agent. Chelsea really do not pay that sort of money for players anymore. I mean I would love that if they did but they just dont to it anymore. Same for Van Dijk rumours.
I disagree. I think Chelsea will pay that especially with how much they need to upgrade if they want to make it out of the group stages of the CL, let alone win it.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
:nono:.The offer was confirmed by Marotta, Juve MD in an interview and I would be really surprised if that was not true :)

Arthur Friedenreich

Why we are not signing a top LB?
Should be a priority

Off topic:

Mourinho should sign Guilherme Arana from Corinthians.
He's 20 years old and already one of the top four Brazilian LB in the world.
Its obvious to everyone that he will be the second best after Marcelo soon.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Why we are not signing a top LB?
Should be a priority

Off topic:

Mourinho should sign Guilherme Arana from Corinthians.
He's 20 years old and already one of the top four Brazilian LB in the world.
Its obvious to everyone that he will be the second best after Marcelo soon.
Clearly not everyone, if we're bidding 60m for Sandro.

AshfordLad

I disagree. I think Chelsea will pay that especially with how much they need to upgrade if they want to make it out of the group stages of the CL, let alone win it.
Utter non-sense. Chelsea will still breeze through out of the group. They are in pot1 which will give them a very easy draw. They might not go beyond round of 16 but thats different.

:nono:.The offer was confirmed by Marotta, Juve MD in an interview and I would be really surprised if that was not true :)
He did not put any price to it though. You really think Chelsea will go that far when they chickened out of 50m for Koulibaly and 45m for stones. A position far more important than LWB. I am sure in the end Chelsea will go for Ryan Bertrand or someone similar.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Utter non-sense. Chelsea will still breeze through out of the group. They are in pot1 which will give them a very easy draw. They might not go beyond round of 16 but thats different.

He did not put any price to it though. You really think Chelsea will go that far when they chickened out of 50m for Koulibaly and 45m for stones. A position far more important than LWB. I am sure in the end Chelsea will go for Ryan Bertrand or someone similar.
well you are right but that is a news that has been mentioned by several different sources and Marotta has mentioned a "important" offer he would not have said that for much less.

Koulibaly is a different situation altogether. First of all Koulibaly is a good player but he is not even one of the top 15 CB in the world and at £50 m he was way overvalued. Secondly last year Conte had less bargaining power and Chelsea had only 2 competitions. This year they have more competitions a lot of cash in their pocket and finally I doubt that Conte would stay if they did not invest a lot. Finally while Koulibaly is a good average player, Sandro is definetly in the top 3 in his role and he has plenty of room for improvement, that is why Juve is trying to keep him because in that role there not many top players available.

If Chelsea does not get Sandro as I hope I still think they will spend a lot on other targets, hopefully for them not wasting money like it seems they will on Lukaku who is good but not worth 100m

AshfordLad

well you are right but that is a news that has been mentioned by several different sources and Marotta has mentioned a "important" offer he would not have said that for much less.

Koulibaly is a different situation altogether. First of all Koulibaly is a good player but he is not even one of the top 15 CB in the world and at £50 m he was way overvalued. Secondly last year Conte had less bargaining power and Chelsea had only 2 competitions. This year they have more competitions a lot of cash in their pocket and finally I doubt that Conte would stay if they did not invest a lot. Finally while Koulibaly is a good average player, Sandro is definetly in the top 3 in his role and he has plenty of room for improvement, that is why Juve is trying to keep him because in that role there not many top players available.

If Chelsea does not get Sandro as I hope I still think they will spend a lot on other targets, hopefully for them not wasting money like it seems they will on Lukaku who is good but not worth 100m
Ok. I do get your logic of sandro's price now and agree with it. That said, in the past 10 years or so, Chelsea have never tried to go for such players so I doubt they will do it now.

Also on Lukaku again I dont think the price will be anywhere near 100m. He has already made it clear he wont extend his contract and no one else is in for him. I really doubt if its more than say £70m. I do think even that is too much for him and we should be looking at Aubamayang who is available for the same price.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
what do we reckon then guys? If we can get Belotti, Sandro, Bakayoko, Caballero, Manolas and maybe another winger attacking midfielder that would be the optimum window I feel.

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
what do we reckon then guys? If we can get Belotti, Sandro, Bakayoko, Caballero, Manolas and maybe another winger attacking midfielder that would be the optimum window I feel.
Agree in principle that four maybe five is the optimum changes you can make without upsetting the dressing room. Agree with the positions though don't think Belotti will come.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
Agree in principle that four maybe five is the optimum changes you can make without upsetting the dressing room. Agree with the positions though don't think Belotti will come.
Agree with this also, some papers are reporting that we want two strikers, and also others reporting that we are in for a RWB. I don't think belotti will come but I do think hes the best option available as we don't want to be held to ransom for lukaku and morata looks as if he is going united. Ideally keeping costa and getting lukaku in would definatly work and offer us a lot more variety... but not sure if the relationship is repairable with diego.

Rafateria

Belotti is NOT moving according to their owner. As the Juve fan above said .. Juve to sell BOTH of their FBs in one window ? Unlikely. And hasn't Caballero just signed a new contract (or did I get that one mixed up) ?

What are your second choices for those positions ?