Chelsea under Conte | Let's sign the next Hazard, literally.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Martinez said the club allowed Hazard to be called up

I'm thinking it allows Hazard to regain match fitness and get a run of minutes as he hasn't exactly played since May. This is basically his preseason
Sounds like total bullshit considering Conte only just heard about it before that interview. Also the last I checked, national associations don't need the clubs permission to call up players, which has resulted in plenty of these situations in the past.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Sounds like total bullshit considering Conte only just heard about it before that interview. Also the last I checked, national associations don't need the clubs permission to call up players, which has resulted in plenty of these situations in the past.
I think it can even go further than that, national F.As can oblige players to accept a call-up otherwise they can get them suspended for club football.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I think it can even go further than that, national F.As can oblige players to accept a call-up otherwise they can get them suspended for club football.
Think that's only true in cases where the player is fit before and after the call-up and there is dodgy behaviour involved where injuries are faked. Here I think we can be plainly absolved of that-Hazard was injured whilst on international duty in the first place, he's still recovering and not 100% fit yet, and they're calling him up prematurely. It's perfectly understandable that we'd be reluctant to release him given the circumstances I'd say.

surf

Guardian says they're after Barkley (who has a long-term injury), Ox and Drinkwater. Rival fans won't exactly be quaking in their boots.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Think that's only true in cases where the player is fit before and after the call-up and there is dodgy behaviour involved where injuries are faked. Here I think we can be plainly absolved of that-Hazard was injured whilst on international duty in the first place, he's still recovering and not 100% fit yet, and they're calling him up prematurely. It's perfectly understandable that we'd be reluctant to release him given the circumstances I'd say.
Yes, just wanted to highlight the sheer stupidity of it all. If the player doesn't wanna play, you don't force him.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
Chambo coming in, most likely drinkwater too, fills out our squad and gives us depth in the two positions needed, cm and wingback. Actually think after seeing what conte has done with moses and most of our players he will make chambo great. Still hoping for an attacking player on deadline day, preferably Mahrez.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Chambo coming in, most likely drinkwater too, fills out our squad and gives us depth in the two positions needed, cm and wingback. Actually think after seeing what conte has done with moses and most of our players he will make chambo great. Still hoping for an attacking player on deadline day, preferably Mahrez.
Would just love Sanchez, please Marina :(

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
I reckon we will get Drinkwater and Ryan Bertrand seen nothing in the media just gut feeling.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
surely time for a thread title change?
Done.
This is a thread from last year about Conte that people keep bumping rather than use the Chelsea 2017/18 thread.
Yeah, I don't know why people bump it anymore, though it's nice to see your thread bumped it. It's come a long way, though - when I made it, I didn't think you'd win the league.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
If Chelsea buy Chamberlain, Drinkwater and they keep Hazard fit I think they will be up there. I can't stand Chelsea but everyone is writing them off because of what's going on at the club but they are the champions and Conte isn't a dry lunch. They will challenge this year and Morata is only going to improve. Be wary of them.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, I don't know why people bump it anymore, though it's nice to see your thread bumped it. It's come a long way, though - when I made it, I didn't think you'd win the league.
You did give us a better chance at top 4 than Liverpool, West Ham or Southampton though, so you were kind of right. :)

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
I genuinely think they sign Hazards brothers to keep Eden happy.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I genuinely think they sign Hazards brothers to keep Eden happy.
Of course! I mean which club would not? They're probably employing Hazard's parents in some capacity as well.

Bestietom

Chelsea can afford to buy anyone they want....The only setback is, if the player wants to go to them, or Abramovich wants him...

Conte is a shrewd manager, and can attract some top players that he managed with other clubs, But when you have an owner like Abramovich, who likes to dictate who HE wants, you are flogging a Dead Horse.....

If I was a gambling man, I would probably have a little wager on Conte moving on, sooner, rather than later, because of discontent, in the camp..

Last edited:

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Of course! I mean which club would not? They're probably employing Hazard's parents in some capacity as well.
Chelsea do well to hang onto him. I know their champions and have recent history of success but when Mardrid and Barca come calling it's hard to say no. Until now has and he looks genuinely happy at Chelsea. I also think the injury has put other teams off. Maybe a lucky injury for Chelsea?

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
I think Conte will leave at the end of this season. I think he is determined to win the CL and will come to realise that Chelsea's reluctance to get the big name players will hamper his chances.

Having said that I get the feeling he still won't win the CL, just something I observed last season about when to change the tactics and personnel. He either left it too late or made the wrong change. Over a season you can recover yet in knockout phases it is fatal. Add to that his tactics are predictable.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Chelsea can afford to buy anyone they want....The only setback is, if the player wants to go to them, or Abramovich wants him...

Conte is a shrewd manager, and can attract some top players that he managed with other clubs, But when you have an owner like Abramovich, who likes to dictate who HE wants, you are flogging a Dead Horse.....

If I was a gambling man, I would probably have a little wager on Conte moving on, sooner, rather than later, because of discontent, in the camp..
The discontent in the camp is probably a media story based on Costa being unhappy. Costa is being a spoiled brat because Conte was straight with him. Costa wanted to leave before last season and threw a tantrum mid season. He is still out the country and not disrupting training. Best place for him.

The team looked anything but discontent when they beat Spuds and Everton.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Ah, nepotism at its finest here.

I'm off to change my name to Hazard and develop a Belgian accent. I might slip through the net. Keep an eye out for Tintin Hazard.