Chelsea under Conte | Let's sign the next Hazard, literally.

Pagh Wraith

I'm not blaming Conte for one second but the players need to be questioned you've got enough experience and talent in that squad to be winning that game.
Is that a wind-up? First of all you are completely results-oriented not having watched the game. And also Chelsea started training again this week. If anything it's Rapid who should have won considering their league starts next week.

kenny19

Is it really 2-0 :lol:

It's irrelevant how long he's had with the Chelsea players that team/subs should easily beat rapid Vienna.

Poor effort by Chelsea players
This. 2-0 to rapid vienna. :lol::lol::lol:
Preseason or not this game should be a walk in the park.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Conte has only had 2 days of uninterrupted training with the team. We played a standard formation with very little tactical instruction involved. We looked sluggish and disorganised against a much sharper and fitter side that clearly understood their managers instructions (Many of our players were struggling a bit with what Conte wants from them) and they had 2 chances all game.

With a whole week of uninterrupted training with this team, I expect us to be much better in our next game. Also, hopefully a few players are gone because some real shit were shown up in this game.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Loftus-Cheek was not paying as a striker. We were playing a 4-2-3-1 and he was the number 10 in the first half.
Yes he was. His average position was right next to Costa. He played as a second striker all half. It meant a big gap between him and our midfielders and lead to his lack of involvement.

Bojan11

I think good pre-season means nothing, but a bad pre-season generally leads to a rough ride in the upcoming season
Yep. We had it bad with Moyes.

Chelsea had it bad under Mourinho last season. Obviously it doesn't matter, but it's nice to be winning games.

Then again Van Gaal was master of pre season.

AshfordLad

Yes he was. His average position was right next to Costa. He played as a second striker all half. It meant a big gap between him and our midfielders and lead to his lack of involvement.
Well spotted. Conte seems to be doing it on purpose.

"Ruben is young with great potential. I like him a lot in the position of striker. He can improve a lot because he has great potential, good technique, good personality and he is good one v one."

RooneyLegend

Chelsea should just sell Ruben Loftus Cheek, they seem intent on not getting the best out of him. In what world does he have the potential to be a great striker?

Chelsea should just sell Ruben Loftus Cheek, they seem intent on not getting the best out of him. In what world does he have the potential to be a great striker?
He played in his preferred spot last year and they didn't get the most of him. It isn't their fault if he doesn't develop. Atleast they're trying him in a different position to see if it works. I'm sure Comte knows what he's doing.

With that said, I'm not sure how good they're actually going to be this year because their squad just isn't that good.

AshfordLad

Well he is too lazy to be a B2B player which seems to be his prefered role. Forwards need good height, good dribbling and generally run around much less than other players. Seems to make sense to give him a go at that position.

In the end I think he will end up in championship or relegation fodder pl team as he lacks the drive and motivation to do his best every game.

RooneyLegend

He played in his preferred spot last year and they didn't get the most of him. It isn't their fault if he doesn't develop. Atleast they're trying him in a different position to see if it works. I'm sure Comte knows what he's doing.

With that said, I'm not sure how good they're actually going to be this year because their squad just isn't that good.
He's barely played for chelsea, not sure how you can say that he isn't developing. He's a center mid. Its that simple. Either play him there or get rid of him.
Well he is too lazy to be a B2B player which seems to be his prefered role. Forwards need good height, good dribbling and generally run around much less than other players. Seems to make sense to give him a go at that position.

In the end I think he will end up in championship or relegation fodder pl team as he lacks the drive and motivation to do his best every game.
Him being lazy is just nonsense. He pretty much has the same workrate as a Pogba and you've got a forum clamoring for the club to sign him for 100million quid.

He played as a 10 last season, hardly his natural or preferred role.

AshfordLad

Him being lazy is just nonsense. He pretty much has the same workrate as a Pogba and you've got a forum clamoring for the club to sign him for 100million quid.
Daft point.

Zidane had the same work rate as well. Its obvious less gifted players always have to work harder it is obvious why Pogba can get away with it.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
He played in his preferred spot last year and they didn't get the most of him. It isn't their fault if he doesn't develop.
No he hasn't. He's a box-to-box midfielder but has solely been used as an AM or SS under Jose/Hiddink & now Conte. It'd be like playing Pogba as a #10 which would be a complete waste of his talents.

RooneyLegend

I have seen RLC on pitch probably more times than anyone on this forum. Pogba, not so much but he is a 100m player.
Then I'll say you just haven't seen enough of Pogba. When he left our club he wasn't worth 100million pounds. That's where Loftus Cheek is right about now, where Pogba was before he left. In terms of base talent, nothing separates them.

RooneyLegend

No he hasn't. He's a box-to-box midfielder but has solely been used as an AM or SS under Jose/Hiddink & now Conte. It'd be like playing Pogba as a #10 which would be a complete waste of his talents.
I don't understand what's the point of all of this experimenting. Coming through, he was a hugely dominant midfielder. Now when he gets to seniors, no one seems intent on using him where he dominated youth football. Instead these coaches would rather field pointless players like Mikel in midfield.

AshfordLad

Then I'll say you just haven't seen enough of Pogba. When he left our club he wasn't worth 100million pounds. That's where Loftus Cheek is right about now, where Pogba was before he left. In terms of base talent, nothing separates them.
So you are comparing him to Pogba at 18, should have mentioned it earlier.

Still he is 20, so about 2 years behing Pogba in the development ladder.

RooneyLegend

@AshfordLad
We can't sit here and say that Pogba is more gifted than someone like Morrison just because he's managed to make it in the football world. Anyone that's ever seen them play will tell you who's the more gifted one.

AshfordLad

Talent doesn't change. Aren't we talking about how gifted they are?
More gifted players develop much earlier. And since players (generally) develop till the age of about 24, the advantage of an early start helps them hit a higher peak.

@AshfordLad
We can't sit here and say that Pogba is more gifted than someone like Morrison just because he's managed to make it in the football world. Anyone that's ever seen them play will tell you who's the more gifted one.
Have not seen Morrison play, but agree with this. That said, I dont think RLC has the drive and motivation to work that hard either.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If there is any team I'm looking forward to watching outside of United, it's Chelsea under Conte. He might be the best tactician out of all PL managers.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
If there is any team I'm looking forward to watching outside of United, it's Chelsea under Conte. He might be the best tactician out of all PL managers.
indeed.

love his enthusiasm. brilliant manager and looks a decent fellow too. Loved it seeing him hug teh fan and slapping their hands.

If United do not win the title, it will be Chelsea.

Revan

Assumptionman
Hmm, he was always shit in UCL, a competition where I think tactics matter most.

KGBhoy

I think he's a bit over the top on the touchline. I get it that he's emotional, but it's a bit of a cringe to watch. It's not the World Cup final shootout every time there's a throw in!

izec

I hate him, i hate Klopp. Behaving like clowns on the sidelines, way over the top for every decision or action that happens. He is a good manager though, Chelsea are cnutish as ever.

Robbie Boy

Seems likeable anyway. Not too sure how good a manager he is, though. I guess time will tell.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Hmm, he was always shit in UCL, a competition where I think tactics matter most.
His Juventus had little fire power and that's crucial in CL nowadays.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Not overly impressed by the 'new Chelsea' on yesterdays showing, but 3 points against West Ham is good for a first game of the season.