Chelsea vs. Manchester United

Shimo

That team, if Chelsea doesn't rotate too much, will get slaughtered.

Looking forward to the game in any case, can't wait.
Chelsea are going to rotate. Ivanovic, Torres, Terry suspended. Can't see them playing Mata and Hazard either.

They are going to be just as susceptible at the back as us for this game and I fancy us being able to put more past them with our options.

Widnes

From what SAF said he wasn't expecting Smalling to make said he would most likely be next week, Although SAF often says shit then does the opposite.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Chavski fans warned to behave in match programme ahead of League Cup clash

Chavski have taken the rare step of including a warning to their supporters in the matchday programme for tonight's League Cup game with Manchester United following Sunday's controversial Premier League clash between the two sides.

By Telegraph Sport http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...atch-programme-ahead-of-League-Cup-clash.html

The warning, at the front of the Chavski publication, is a reminder that supporters have a responsibility for helping ensure the safety of everyone in the ground after ugly scenes marred the game following Javier Hernández’s winning goal for United on Sunday.

A Chavski steward was admitted to hospital and a series of objects were thrown on to the pitch which is now the subject of a Metropolitan Police investigation.
Security will also be increased for the match, with more than 6,000 United fans expected among a 42,000 sell-out crowd at Stamford Bridge.

Roberto Di Matteo, the Chavski manager, has said that he is hoping that the fans "get behind the team".

“When you play Man United it is always a big game in whichever competition you play in," he said. "I hope the supporters get behind the team, the young players especially, and push us on to a win.”

Meanwhile, Chavski midfielder Oriol Romeu expects tonight's game will have an extra edge to it following Sunday's match.

"Manchester United is always a big match anyway, but after what happened at the weekend, losing with nine men, there will be a big atmosphere in the stadium, and we are very motivated to go out and do our job, and win the match," he said.

The 21 year-old, who has made just two appearances this season, is hoping to feature in Di Matteo's starting XI following his only other full appearance of the season in the competition when Chavski thrashed Wolverhampton Wanderers 6-0.

"I know I have to wait until the chance comes and I am trying to be ready and get my body fit for when I can go onto the pitch and play," he told the Chavski website.

"That's important for me, right now I feel ready and I am waiting for it to come. Wednesday night may be a good chance to show that I am ready to play for Chavski.

"For me every minute I can play in every competition is important, it doesn't matter which one, you just want to play well and enjoy your football for the club. This is a competition that can give minutes to people who are not playing regularly, and it lets you show the manager that he can put you on the pitch."

Jacob

I can see this being a +4.5 yellow card game. Lee Mason will come under heavy scrutiny, no doubt about that.

NinjaFletch

Chavski fans warned to behave in match programme ahead of League Cup clash

Chavski have taken the rare step of including a warning to their supporters in the matchday programme for tonight's League Cup game with Manchester United following Sunday's controversial Premier League clash between the two sides.

By Telegraph Sport http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...atch-programme-ahead-of-League-Cup-clash.html

The warning, at the front of the Chavski publication, is a reminder that supporters have a responsibility for helping ensure the safety of everyone in the ground after ugly scenes marred the game following Javier Hernández’s winning goal for United on Sunday.

A Chavski steward was admitted to hospital and a series of objects were thrown on to the pitch which is now the subject of a Metropolitan Police investigation.
Security will also be increased for the match, with more than 6,000 United fans expected among a 42,000 sell-out crowd at Stamford Bridge.

Roberto Di Matteo, the Chavski manager, has said that he is hoping that the fans "get behind the team".

“When you play Man United it is always a big game in whichever competition you play in," he said. "I hope the supporters get behind the team, the young players especially, and push us on to a win.”

Meanwhile, Chavski midfielder Oriol Romeu expects tonight's game will have an extra edge to it following Sunday's match.

"Manchester United is always a big match anyway, but after what happened at the weekend, losing with nine men, there will be a big atmosphere in the stadium, and we are very motivated to go out and do our job, and win the match," he said.

The 21 year-old, who has made just two appearances this season, is hoping to feature in Di Matteo's starting XI following his only other full appearance of the season in the competition when Chavski thrashed Wolverhampton Wanderers 6-0.

"I know I have to wait until the chance comes and I am trying to be ready and get my body fit for when I can go onto the pitch and play," he told the Chavski website.

"That's important for me, right now I feel ready and I am waiting for it to come. Wednesday night may be a good chance to show that I am ready to play for Chavski.

"For me every minute I can play in every competition is important, it doesn't matter which one, you just want to play well and enjoy your football for the club. This is a competition that can give minutes to people who are not playing regularly, and it lets you show the manager that he can put you on the pitch."
Did you actually go through that and change every instance of Chelsea to Chavski?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Alan Brazil said Chelski on the radio this morning, not sure if he meant to say it out loud or not, but it was still funny.
He's famous for his verbal faux pas

Thirsty Talksport host Alan Brazil’s usual meticulous preparation temporarily deserted him as he previewed the Tyne-Wear derby with Steven Taylor this week.

In a moment reminiscent of Brazil asking a guest about Bob Monkouse’s health, only to be told “he died at Christmas”, Big Al asked for the defender’s thoughts on his personal form in recent weeks, only to be told that Taylor had not played since rupturing his Achilles three months ago and was still facing many months on the sidelines

:lol:

He also used to call Arsenal defender Eboue, Ebooo

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
it there really going to be 6000 United fans for a Crapital One Cup match away from home?
Fair play to them.
Loads of people are up for away games in the cup, no matter where they're based. Bigger allocation, midweek game (less of the execs) and an evening kickoff all leads to a better atmosphere in the United end.

Add to that the fact that we've just beaten Chelsea in a contentious manner...

Everyone's pumped for this.

nemanja15

Rooney's definitely not in the squad for this evening but that won't be a surprise for many. He's just posted a Facebook picture of Kai ready for trick-or-treating! :lol:

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Jeremy Clarkson has just tweeted he'll be at the game tonight - should give the fans an extra target for chanting.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I kinda like these type of games. It'll be mostly backup players and won't be the end of the world if we lose.

My prediction is a Chelsea win, Moses to score a couple.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I don't disagree. We are not a bunch of Chavs.
You all are a bunch of chavs. Well, at least your fans that were fans prior to Soviet money anyway.

You're clearly one of the latter.

It's a compliment!

Tibs

It's only the Carling Cup, but I hope we put a decent side out against the slags, and give ourselves a chance of winning.