g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Chelsea vs. Manchester United

Levo

Band of Brothers
Think we may of seen a much stronger team had we lost on Sunday.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Hope Powell and Lingard get on. Seeing them will be more important than the score for me.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He looks better than any young player we've got at the moment. I saw him playing for their reserves against us last year and he really stood out.
Didn't he cost like 10m euros or something?

Forevergiggs

The rumoured team I posted was wrong. Swap Turnbull for Cech and Maron for Sturridge.
You surprised that Di Matteo is playing so many players that played on Sunday? This way he is going to burn them by the New Year. Needs to utilize the squad.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
You surprised that Di Matteo is playing so many players that played on Sunday? This way he is going to burn them by the New Year. Needs to utilize the squad.
I am a bit. We are short at centre back so Luiz Cahill is no surrpise but Mata, Mikel and Cech (although goalies should not get knackered) are a surprise.

I think he wants a win after the weekends game.

Pscholes18

Can't even find good videos really. West Ham and Chelsea are mostly supported by Chavs, except most of my Chav mates support West Ham.

Of course there are some who would say you shouldnt use the word at all

However there is a big difference between being a Chav and Working class. Massive difference. As wide as the moon

FFS someone should of knocked that bitch out on the train. In that second vid, Geordies can be Chavs too eh?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Surprised Mata plays. Will be a good challenge for our defenders.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Really surprised they start Mata. Their best player so far by some distance IMO. Surely a rest would be better for him, when you think about the bigger picture - but on the other hand he doesn't have international matches to worry about like most of the other stars in the PL.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
I am a bit. We are short at centre back so Luiz Cahill is no surrpise but Mata, Mikel and Cech (although goalies should not get knackered) are a surprise.

I think this is the key, yeah. Doubt Mata would've played if you'd gotten a win or a draw in the weekend, but seems like di Matteo really don't want to lose two games in a row against us. I suppose the way you lost matters as well and he wants to prove a point by winning today - although I'm not sure what point that'll be, considering our team is almost completely different :p

Traub

Chelsea with quite a strong team there. They should win this but hoping for a good performance from nani.

Forevergiggs

I guess a win is kind of imperative after the weekend but this is the COC after all. Mata will become like David Silva was after December. I am surprised to see Mikel too as they are also a bit short on midfield options.

What about the defenders and midfielders in the reserves? Any good prospects. The bench also consists mostly of first team players.

KGBhoy

Chelsea taking this seriously means that maybe this time Liverpool won't have to play a Championship team in the final.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
We have 5 academy graduates on the pitch on 6 on the bench. Not sure how the Chelsea compare to that.

This is a game we cant really lose as we have an extremely young inexperienced defence who I expect to get a pasting tonight and anything less will be a bonus. All in all a great experience for all the young players in the team.

duffer

Scout
What about the defenders and midfielders in the reserves? Any good prospects. The bench also consists mostly of first team players.
We've got a very promisong central defender on loan at Watford (Chabolah) and a few other midfielders out at various clubs (McEachren at Forest).

We have not really bothered with youth players for a few years now.

Saying that, we've got a lad on the bench tonight called Saville who is a central defender. I can't see many fans geting his name on their shirts at the moment.

duffer

Scout
When I saw him, he usually started outside his own penalty area and ended up inside ours. Attacking midfielder, I guess. He can really run with the ball.
He considers himself a "second striker" but played upfront in Torres' position in pre season. He'll get bundled off the ball fairly easily tonight.

Forevergiggs

The midfield and the attack is very experienced and should be a handful for Chelsea midfield and defense. Surprisingly enough this should be a really good game. I am guessing it would finish 3-2 or 4-3 in favor of either side.

dejans

Seems a bit odd that Rafael is starting.
Maybe SAF somehow knew Mata was playing, because Vermijl vs. Mata would awesome to watch.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We've got a very promisong central defender on loan at Watford (Chabolah) and a few other midfielders out at various clubs (McEachren at Forest).

We have not really bothered with youth players for a few years now.

Saying that, we've got a lad on the bench tonight called Saville who is a central defender. I can't see many fans geting his name on their shirts at the moment.
You got that right

Unam333

That back four is extremely inexperienced. It's going to be hard, possibly we lose.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I have feeling this will be something like 433, with Chicha up front alone, Welbeck and Nani on the wings.

Scrumpet

There are no words
It's always a bit painful listening to them try to big up the importance of the league cup before the each tie. They should really just say "It's football, you like football, you should watch this match."

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
LINE-UPS- Chelsea v Manchester United (19:45 GMT)
Chelsea: Cech, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Luiz, Bertrand, Romeu, Mikel, Moses, Mata, Piazon, Sturridge. Subs: Hilario, Ramires, Oscar, Hazard, Ferreira, Marin, Saville.

Man Utd: Lindegaard, Da Silva, Wootton, Keane, Buttner, Anderson, Giggs, Fletcher, Nani, Hernandez, Welbeck. Subs: Johnstone, Powell, Macheda, Lingard, Vermijl, Brady, Tunnicliffe.

Hazard and Oscar on the bench. They could really put out a strong lineup if things dont go their way.