Kick-off
Sat, 22 October 2022 @ 5:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Superunknown

In the context of one game: disappointing not to be going into half-time with the lead.

In the context of where United are right now and where we have been for the last decade: that's a very controlling and dominating performance away at Stamford Bridge. We are more than competing.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
    Completely dominated them until they made the change in formation.

Telsim

Good half and wonderful tactical game between the two teams. Everything is good... until we get to the final third. Just can't score for shit. Antony has to put that in, he has to. We should have been up by at least 1. Sancho worst player on the pitch again.

Hammondo

Attack is our weakest area of the squad by far.
    I know its unlikely but a top striker signing in January and we'll go extremely close for the title.
    Yea we really struggle with the basics there, we make standard stuff into hard work.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
    Game gone as expected. Yet another where we can say we’d likely win comfortably if we had Martial. This has 0-0 or a 1 goal win written all over it, and I suspect it will have to take a penalty, header from a corner or a midfielder with a shot/deflection. We need to try and get the three points somehow and move on in hope that we have a centre forward next week.

r0663664

Worships Man City
    When Sancho runs at the defender, you don't have to participate anything. He is just feck up, can't do a single dangerous moment for Chelsea. Seems like we need a buy another left winger.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
    Eth needs to give sancho a massive kick up the arse
    He's playing with such fear. At his best he's got a really good pass on him so even if a dribble isn't on he should be able to find a progressive pass. But all were seeing is bad touches / decisions and side ways passes.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
    Murtough said that we will not spend in january but striker is absolutely must buy for us.
    Rashford is and always will be a striker whos finishing is pure luck (close your eyes and shoot with power so what happens hsppens) and Martial will be injured every few weeks.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
    I love how low-key good this team is at being annoying. Every time there's a chance to speed up their attack we seem to kick the ball away (throw-in or foul) or commit a foul and we are mostly getting away with it.

A point here won't be too bad if we'd beaten Newcastle but now a win a would do nicely to go above Chelsea and stretch the gap to Liverpoo

Remember the geese

I'm at the game. Feel as if we have generally dominated, but Chelsea have woken up a bit in the last ten minutes. Not sure if it's a coincidence, but it was ever since Kovacic came on. We are playing some really nice stuff, but lack that killer instinct. I just hope it doesn't cost us too much.

Iron Stove

We've got a midfield these days, pretty amazing. Some of the sloppy passing could be improved.

Giggsy’s left foot

Not convinced Sesko is going to Leipzig in the summer. I recon it’s a ploy to increase his price. Remember red bull own both Saltzburg m(where he plays atm) and Leipzig.
    Why he’d go to Liepzig(most disliked team in Germany in a dump of a city) rather than us under ETH is beyond me?

mancan92

Some of you guys are at Sancho and its silly. He hasn't even lost the ball or wasted opportunities like Antony and rashford he hasnt misplaced passes or anything. He has defensively helped shaw all half and kept the ball moving. His only shot was on target. You can say you want more dribbling but he done nothing bad at all.

Red00012

I thought Antony scored. Feck !

First time I see us dominating possession at Stamford Bridge. No matter what happen tonight, it’s a very good sign. Love Ten Hag and his footy.
    Jumped off the couch and roared , was sure it was in :(

Ekeke

Good 35 mins at the beginning then a worrying 10 mins after the Chelsea change where they were in a few times if Auba had a better touch. Need to refocus and tighten up again after the break and get back on top

Jev

It's getting increasingly difficult to see how Sancho became a nearly 100 million player. It's not even a case where you can see the quality and are just waiting for it to come together. Just weak, meek, soft and passive in every part of the game, his dribbling and close control have totally deserted him. Not feeling confident he'll hit the level that made us buy him.

Foxbatt

I was reading about the original Ronaldo who said strikers should always score if 1 v 1 against the keeper. He said strikers should attempt to take it around the keeper.

ManRed

United finally playing like a top team!! Waited a decade to see this team. Funny result dont matter to me at the moment, just enjoying watching other teams scratch their heads.

M Bison

Supports
    York City
    In the context of one game: disappointing not to be going into half-time with the lead.

In the context of where United are right now and where we have been for the last decade: that's a very controlling and dominating performance away at Stamford Bridge. We are more than competing.
    absolutely agree. Even if we don’t get the 3 points, to see that performance is very pleasing.

MonkeysMagic

We may regret that HT score given our domination. Chel will come into it, but I fear we may have missed our chance with Co fortaleza cushion for sec 45.

MUnchies

My original line up had no Sancho with Fred retaining his place in a 4-4-2 diamond. I wish ETH subs Sancho for Fred half time.

Chelsea actually switched to 4-4-2 diamond after the Kovacic save.

Red00012

When Sancho runs at the defender, you don't have to participate anything. He is just feck up, can't do a single dangerous moment for Chelsea. Seems like we need a buy another left winger.
    He’ll run until he gets to the defender and then he’ll feck it up

BestRed

Great half bar the last few minutes, the managers influence is really coming together the last few games.

Marwood

Take one of those chances and that's about as good a half as we can expect.

Our passing has improved so much with a few additions and one or two raising their game.

Idxomer

Not convinced Sesko is going to Leipzig in the summer. I recon it’s a ploy to increase his price. Remember red bull own both Saltzburg m(where he plays atm) and Leipzig.
    Why he’d go to Liepzig(most disliked team in Germany in a dump of a city) rather than us under ETH is beyond me?
    Sesko is a poor finisher and isn't even a regular starter for Salzburg.

RopersReturn

Promising start, we’ve had a decent amount of possession and shots on target. The important thing is to shadow Mount and Kovacic now.

city-puma

Potter is tactically astute. ETH needs to find a solution. Can’t allow Kovacic the free third man driving forward so often.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Casemiro image Casemiro 78% of 328 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 295 ratings.

Score Predictions