Choose a duo you simply like or highly rate - When 1+1=3

automaticflare

Terry & Carvalho
Duff & Robben

That Chelsea team was class

Larrson & Sutton at Celtic also for some reason Guppy & Agathe as wing backs were great in that team

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Pelé and Garrincha played more than 60 games together, and never lost

Cole&Yorke remains the gold-standard for duos in the modern era. Maybe not the best, but certainly the most iconic. Plus, they elevated each other in a way no one else did

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Robben and Sneijder our national team.

Berghuis and RVP for current Feyenoord.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid

They were pretty solid for club and country.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
50 replies and no Bruce + Pallister! :(

Another one I really like was rather short lived in terms of peak, but Martínez and Schweinsteiger were dominant for Bayern in 2012/13...

There's Robben + Lahm as a productive and iconic flank duo of the current decade, too. And Sánchez + Butragueño for Madrid, though it's sometimes hard to isolate them from the whole La Quinta del Buitre group. Underdogs: Rebrov + Shevchenko, and Protasov + Belanov weirdly enough.

Irwin99

Petit and Vieira were a frightening midfield partnership. Ridiculously powerful yet so skillful and classy.

Ince and Keane. Only had two seasons together for us but very similar to Petit and Vieira.

Gerrard and Torres - I don't like them obviously but they were a great partnership.

I didn't see them all that much but Schweinsteiger and Martinez looked a really good partnership for Bayern.

Beobachter

That Batistuta - Rui Costa pic... pure class. Man, love me some 1990s Serie A.

My favorites...

Del Piero - Inzaghi for Juventus late 1990s
Pirlo - Gattuso for Milan and Italy, pretty much the all-conquering midfield axis before the Spaniards took over
Zamorano - Salas for the Chile national team

An underrated one that I'm really fond of: Berbatov-Keane for Spurs. Berba called it his greatest partnership ever, which said a lot considering the calibre of players he's ever played with.

Reactions: Invictus

meamth

Robbie Keane + Berbatov : mad goals.

and no one mentioned Vidic + Ferdinand yet.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Robbie Keane + Berbatov : mad goals.

and no one mentioned Vidic + Ferdinand yet.
I was gonna mention Keane and Berbatov, their understanding was amazing and their goal scoring record extremely impressive over a long time, if only the rest of the team was at their level. Can only think of one strike partnership in the PL era who imo were clearly better (Bergkamp and Henry).

Bokito

Nilis and Ronaldo for PSV. As brilliant as Ronaldo was back then (even at that young age), Nilis really understood him, and was able to help him excel even more - and Ronaldo was able to make room for Nilis to showcase his exceptional class. Some of the most brilliant passing and movements I’ve seen, an absolute delight.

Reactions: Invictus

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
From a purely (recent) Utd perspective:

Fellaini and Young - unexpected saviours on a few occasions.

Rashford and Lingard - brothers on the field.

Martial and Rashford - looked a promising partnership at the start and I haven't given up hope yet. Rashford needs to forget Ronaldo though.

Mhki and Mata - lovely to watch when on song. Mhki in particular, so silky running with the ball.

Sanchez and Mata - similar to above, but dirtier.

Smalling and Blind - well-balanced while it lasted.

Rojo and Jones - two of our most criticised players who were excellent together for a period. Loved Rojo's spirit in particular.

Pogba and Zlatan - together produced some of our most creative football under Mourinho, even if it wasn't to my taste.

Toad

From a purely (recent) Utd perspective:

Fellaini and Young - unexpected saviours on a few occasions.

Rashford and Lingard - brothers on the field.

Martial and Rashford - looked a promising partnership at the start and I haven't given up hope yet. Rashford needs to forget Ronaldo though.

Mhki and Mata - lovely to watch when on song. Mhki in particular, so silky running with the ball.

Sanchez and Mata - similar to above, but dirtier.

Smalling and Blind - well-balanced while it lasted.

Rojo and Jones - two of our most criticised players who were excellent together for a period. Loved Rojo's spirit in particular.

Pogba and Zlatan - together produced some of our most creative football under Mourinho, even if it wasn't to my taste.
This makes me feel depressed

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I do remember their comments

CRISTIANO

“He was the player who best knew my moves in front of goal... I'm angry about Özil leaving.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-from-real-madrid-despite-gareth-8797944.html

OZIL

"It's always easier for a player when you have such a good understanding on the pitch," Ozil told Arsenal Player. "I knew the runs he'd made and he knew I'd find him when he made those movements. We had a very good understanding on the pitch and [Jose] Mourinho as the manager supported me and helped me progress.

Njord

Bonnucci - Chiellini (+Barzagli)

Evra - Park

Mahrez - Vardy

AaronRedDevil

Yorke and Cole were the reason I supported united. So it's gotta be them. Another duo was Villa and Silva for Valencia back in the day.