Choose a duo you simply like or highly rate - When 1+1=3

lysglimt

Scout
Never saw them play naturally - but apparently Tommy Taylor and Dennis Viollet apparently were frightening together.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Rooney and Ronaldo- I'd say they were the best attacking partnership in the PL.
Neville and Beckham- Complimented each other perfectly.
Gerrard and Torres- Didn't like them one bit but credit where it's due. For a couple of years they were pretty good.
Drogba and Lampard- Same as above but for a longer period.
Xavi and Iniesta- Not much to say.
Ozil and Ronaldo- Maybe it's a partnership that gets overlooked quite often but they were highly efficient.
Lahm and Robben- They were sublime in Bayern's CL winning season.

The White Pele

Ferdinand Vidic
Rooney Ronaldo
Rooney Hernández
Beckham RVN
Shearer Sheringham
Terry Carvalho
Gerrard Torres
Kane Alli
Henry Pires
Vardy Drinkwater
Xavi Iniesta
Cavani Suarez
Ronaldo Rivaldo
Pirlo Gattuso
Nesta Cannavaro
Romario Stoichkov
Riquelme Forlan

Metalix

Supports
Juventus
Del Piero - Trezeguet

Last edited by a moderator:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Lucio and Cafu. Tbf though, me and Cafu would have been a great partnership he was that good.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Nesta and Stam

Lahm and Robben

Raffael and Kruse

Tomasson and van Hooijdonk

Beckenbauer and Müller

BlackShark_80

Kopa - Fontaine
Suarez - Mazzola
Breitner - Rummenigge
Puskas - Kocsis
Cruyff - Krol
Maradona - Careca
Shevchenko - Kaka
Van Basten - Gullit

Reactions: Invictus

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln

Ribery + Robben = Robbery. One of the best winger duos of all time.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Stoichkov-Romário
Romário-Bebeto
Piqué-Puyol
Di Stéfano-Puskas
Amavisca-Zamorano
Seedorf-Davids
Raúl-Morientes
Henry-Trezeguet
C.Ronaldo-Benzema
Waddle-Papin

Last edited:

Toad

Why? Maybe should have made it clear that these are recent duos I "like" rather than "highly rate".
Nothing against your decision because of personal preference but looking back at what once was it is depressing. Onwards and upwards though.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Cantona & Mark Hughes

Cantona & Papin - Marseille + France

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Stoichkov-Romário
Romário-Bebeto
Piqué-Puyol
Di Stéfano-Puskas
Amavisca-Zamorano
Seedorf-Davids
Raúl-Morientes
Henry-Trezeguet
C.Ronaldo-Benzema
Waddle-Papin
Unfortunately no if you look at the Euro 2004: the only major tournament in which they were associated.

I would even say Henry-Anelka is better that Henry-Trezeguet BUT if you're looking for a super sub or a joker David is your man

Last edited:

iHicksy

Rio and Vidic.

Not just because they complemented each other so well. They're both so damn likeable and have completely opposite personalities. One is stoic and an absolute warrior, the other is more of a joker and a different kind of flawless defender. They're both two sides of the same coin and I love how neither have been diminished post United, either by punditry or social media. In fact, the more you hear about or from them the more you like them and wish they could be with the club forever. It's also a travesty that neither got the send off they absolutely deserved.

diarm

When I was a nipper, myself and my buddy I played on the local team with used to watch every bit of Rui Costa/Batistuta footage we could get our hands on and spend hours trying to copy them in my back garden. It must have worked as well because a few different coaches played us as a pair through 3 or 4 age groups until I moved away when I was 13.

RooneyLegend

First thought that comes to mind is Baines and Pienaar. Their telepathy was amazing.

Figo and Rui Costa was pretty amazing too.

Tevez and Rooney was let down by their finishing, but in general play they had a great understanding.

Robben and Lahm obviously.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Ruud-rooney doesn’t get its deserved credit. So many great goals linking each other up.

Scholes-carrick is amazing because scholes was old, and carrick was slow. But they managed to dominate matches in the midfield with their intelligence and passing. Got overrun against top champions league sides that played 3-man midfields but it worked so well for 5-7 years in the PL.

DannyDee

Rio-Vidic. Had absolutely everything you want in a CB combo. The areas were one wasn't top 5 in the world at, the other was. Rio's unreal ability on the ball, where Vidic was deadly on set pieces in the box. A lot of factors combined to make us the best defensive club in the world during their time together, but they were the most important parts (not to belittle Evra, Neville, Carrick or VDS).

Obviously, we've had some others. Rooney/Ronaldo's attacking ability was unreal creating such a fluid attack (combined with Tevez), and there isn't much more to say about Scholes/Keane that hasn't already been said.

Outside of us. Xavi/Iniesta was an unreal combo in the middle of the park for Barca and Spain. Henry/Bergkamp for Arsenal.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
David Luiz and giving away penalties. Name a better duo

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Robben and Ribery are often named together, but Alaba and Ribery playing on the left flank had much more interaction, to great effect.