Choose a duo you simply like or highly rate - When 1+1=3

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Glazers - Woodward

Not saying I like them but that's a perfect match..unfortunately.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Looking beyond the best in class examples:

Heskey and Cottee
Lucas and Spearing
Niall Quinn and Kevin Phillips
Tøfting and Gravesen

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Lewandowski and Müller
Yorke and Cole
Inzaghi and the offside line
Edgar Davids and PEDs

Last edited:

diarm

It's not a traditional partnership in a positional sense, but Pires and Henry were lethal together. I must have watched that Pires through ball from the left wing, in between the fullback and the centre back for Henry to run in behind, open his body and slot the ball inside the far post about 500 times on MotD.

RoyH1

A lot of attacking players here. I'll go defense.

Baresi and Constacurta. There have been more physical or ferocious CB' pairings, but none have I ever seen as methodical and disciplined as those 2 for Milan back in the day.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Del Pierro & Inzaghi

Raul & Morientes

Henry & Bergkamp

Fowler & Owen could be quite something despite Fowler's complications,

Beckham & Giggs - The perfect wings to this day.

AlwaysTheKop

Supports
Liverpool
Not traditional but Robertson and Trent... usually when you get attacking fullbacks, while one gallops forward the other usually holds back a little, whereas with these two it feels like they are a duo, wherever one is, the other is usually always exactly parallel to them, available for that quick switch, or just making the pitch as wide as possible, I think you take one away, or one has a bad game, the other suffers slightly.

Supports
England
Spurs flavoured:
Vertonghen and Alderweireld were, for a while, the best CB pairing in the world IMO.

Kane and Son, fully fit, are as good as or better than any attacking duo in the league and right up there with any in Europe. If the team behind them matched up to their quality even most of the way, Spurs would be among the top few favourites for every competition they entered.

Supports
England
Kane Alli
Scary how long it's felt since this was legit. It's amazing how drastically things can change in under two years.

I thought it was very interesting that according to a recent BBC stats table, Kane occupies 3 of the top 5 spots for most goals and assists exchanged with a single player in recent PL history. He was there with Son, Eriksen and Alli, and you can almost separate Kane's career so far out into eras based on who he was most prolific with.

Of course, being the common denominator there suggests that Kane is easy to play with.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Antoine Griezmann and Carlos Vela in Real Sociedad were quite the duo and the best part about them is how they always gave trouble to Barcelona.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Zidane-Ronaldo
Messi-Alba
Xavi-Iniesta
Neymar-Mbappe
Sancho-Haaland
Benzema-CR7

A mix of past and present, but I really enjoyed those.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Dunne and Distin (easily the best CB pairing in the history of English football)..

Also Keane and Richards (neither offer anything other than nonsense as pundits.. both atrocious but as an odd couple styled sitcom pair they still offer nothing but are mildly entertaining.).

M Bison

Supports
York City
Dunne and Distin (easily the best CB pairing in the history of English football)..

Also Keane and Richards (neither offer anything other than nonsense as pundits.. both atrocious but as an odd couple styled sitcom pair they still offer nothing but are mildly entertaining.).
You've won this thread, absolutely agree, fantastic combo!

IrishMcD

Yorke and Cole
Larsson and Sutton
Baresi and Maldini (23 goals conceded as a partnership)