6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Ekeke

I'm with you on this Ekeke. Rojo and Smalling look the real deal imo. All this talk about improving our defence when the solution might be staring us in the face. Their form will be helped by a new right back and Shaw playing consistently.
Well hopefully we'll see. Individually they've shown themselves to be our most reliable defensively, if they can keep it up or do even better together then I'm all for it. Jones is making more defensive mistakes than Rojo at present

Getsme

Well hopefully we'll see. Individually they've shown themselves to be our most reliable defensively, if they can keep it up or do even better together then I'm all for it. Jones is making more defensive mistakes than Rojo at present
Jones against Cambridge was shocking, I don't think I've ever seen him play as bad. For me Rojo is growing in confidence with every game he plays. At the moment I feel it's Rojo + 1 (if we stick to a back four of course)

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Jones against Cambridge was shocking, I don't think I've ever seen him play as bad. For me Rojo is growing in confidence with every game he plays. At the moment I feel it's Rojo + 1 (if we stick to a back four of course)
Yep agree and if Smalling can keep fit I can see him becoming a beast for us. I had high hope for Jones but doubts have crept in regarding him.

Loublaze

ATLien
Getsme is best ignored in this thread. There are people who don't rate Smalling, but at least they explain why, Getsme's opinion is just based on what he thinks will happen with Smalling in the future based on his worst games for United(because I am not sure he even watches some games before expressing opinion on Smalling's performances, he is just repeating the usual stuff he thinks is wrong with Smalling when describing his performance).
It seems the most hardcore Evans lovers automatically don't rate Smalling. Im noticing this a lot this season.

Kounan

It seems the most hardcore Evans lovers automatically don't rate Smalling. Im noticing this a lot this season.
I used to be "Evans lover", but I am not blind (OK, I have always rated Smalling more) and I can see how bad he is performing this season.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Could be, but I am not sure why, I rated Evans quite highly and I still think he can be good but it's really not that hard to admit that he is terrible this year.

Rossa

Could be, but I am not sure why, I rated Evans quite highly and I still think he can be good but it's really not that hard to admit that he is terrible this year.
Evans has never been a fighter like Terry, nor did he ever possess the athleticism of Rio. However, he struck a nice balance at his very best and made some very good runs forward. This season, he seems timid both in defense and going forward. Good squad option, but I fear he's not United quality as a starter.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Not sure of mentioned here already, but he's our fastest player via GPS tracking technology (or something like that) according to Wilson. Quite unexpected.

Getsme

I take it this is a lazy dig at me? What a strange view you have on supporting a team, do you really believe it's one or the other? Go team Evans yeahhhhh :rolleyes:

DWelbz19

Unexpected? Have you ever seen someone beat him on pace? Even Sterling/Ribery/Agbonlahor couldnt get past him on his pace, one of the fastest defenders in the game.
Yup. Welbeck said something similar whilst he was still here.

Skills

Snitch
Example of his pace from this season:

Willian didn't stand a chance as soon as it turned into a foot race. Excellent bit of composure before that as well just standing off and forcing him to commit.

Getsme

I think his speed is the reason he was the preferred choice to play in the centre of a back three.

Rossa

Willian didn't stand a chance as soon as it turned into a foot race. Excellent bit of composure before that as well just standing off and forcing him to commit.
Willian is fast, but once Smalling started sprinting it wasn't a contest.

SteveW

That was a truly stunning piece of defending. So many defenders would have been caught for pace and would have ended up committing themselves to a tackle. Reminded me of Rio in his prime.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Really rate him now, as mentioned already no one beats him in a foot race and he's just as dominant in the air. His passing has improved massively this season as well and he has cut out the silly errors. I'm go as far to say he's currently England's best centre back.

DWelbz19

This was also pre-season and probably to a lesser extent, but further proof of his pace.

Skills

Snitch
This was also pre-season and probably to a lesser extent, but further proof of his pace.
Cheers for that. I've been trying to find this GIF for ages. And that's for anyone who doubts his acceleration. He really is a freakishly good athlete.

Mickson

Smalling is our best centre back imo. He is ace in 1vs1 situations and is fast as hell. Our best header of the ball aswell.

Loublaze

ATLien
I take it this is a lazy dig at me? What a strange view you have on supporting a team, do you really believe it's one or the other? Go team Evans yeahhhhh :rolleyes:
Call it what you want, its an observation and you know its true (for you personally). I've noticed it in other people too. You're passive aggressive about it though.

Sam

Jones in again today. Looks like he's definatly first choice ahead of Smalling.

Can't say I'm happy about that.

ZDwyr

I'm confused about why he lost his place. It's not like Jones has been remarkable or anything. Strange.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Has nothing to do with LvG prefer Jones over Smalling, Jones just carry on from where he left. We have won with him so why change, that would be unfair...

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I'm a little worried with him not playing today, I think he's a lot more suited to dealing with someone like Sakho than Jones is.