6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Devil may care

Strong and always on the front foot today, very good outing for him, amazing to think he'd have been on the bench if Jones wasn't ill.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He was brilliant today, this is exactly the type of game that suits him. He even managed some quality passes! :eek:

Bebe

He's our only defender who can physically dominate opponents. I hoped this season he and Jones would step up. 1/2 isn't bad I guess.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Beast today. Made everything look so easy. Probably why Jones often wins more plaudits with his ridiculous recovery tackles and charging about. More likely get on the highlight reels than stepping into interceptions or using your body to stop the forward getting the ball from you. He seemed to respond to the crowd and not go back to the keeper everytime he was facing his own goal. He did well to turn and bring the ball forward again and again.

Zoo

Immense today he's our best CB. Love watching him in this form he's like a basketball player.

ottosec

2 MOTM in his last 2 games. No doubt he will be dropped as soon as Jones is fit.

Walters_19_MuFc

Matts who? Smalling was super today. Drove with the ball, great touch, dominated in the air, passed well, crossed well. I sound like I'm describing a fecking centre midfielder. :lol:

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I'm quite annoyed he wasn't even an option for MOTM on the official United twitter... Rooney, Young and Januzaj were the 3 choices.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Oozes class. Calm, confident play that just relaxes the midfield in front of him.

Shades of Rio in terms of style today the way he used his body to roll the player and walk away with the ball time and time again.

Skills

Snitch
He's our only defender who can physically dominate opponents. I hoped this season he and Jones would step up. 1/2 isn't bad I guess.
This is why I don't get, how anyone can think Jones is more talented than him. Athletically, he's on a different planet. Just look at him.

And he's also consistently shown himself to be better at almost every single facet of defending.

CantonaVeron

Smalling is generally excellent, I think he's also mostly good in his use of the ball which is something he gets alot of stick for, its just there is always the chance he'll make a mistake, it seems to happen when he got lots of time, when he's reacting to things he's excellent and like others have said he can physically overpower most players. I think with him in the team I always feel easy in terms of set pieces, it means we don't have to have Fellani on the pitch for this bit of the game which allows us to play better players in the position he takes.

Getsme

Played very well today, by far the best back three partnership we have seen.

m1y2

he showed good allround play and maturity today he put in two great crosses as well. Very good player, he's becoming my favourite player and team leader. I'd love to see him wearing armband in Rooney's absence..

Sam

You just KNOW Jones will replace him midweek. You can almost guarantee it.

Getsme

legball

I like Smalling. He's a center back that can defend and is more cultured than Jones and Rojo. Physically, he's a beast.

drdoityourself

The best I've ever seen him. So composed on the ball and such a strong and quick defender. I just didn't think he had it in him to be so good on the ball and I've got on his back a little bit. Long may it continue.

SirAF

Ageist
Easily our best CB. I just love the way he manages to sneak in front of the opposing teams attacker to carry the ball forward.

Does anyone know off hand how tall/heavy he is? Hes really weak challenging for aerial balls at times. Today he was either beaten to it or headed it about 6ft at most.

Blue always red

Beast today. Made everything look so easy. Probably why Jones often wins more plaudits with his ridiculous recovery tackles and charging about. More likely get on the highlight reels than stepping into interceptions or using your body to stop the forward getting the ball from you. He seemed to respond to the crowd and not go back to the keeper everytime he was facing his own goal. He did well to turn and bring the ball forward again and again.
This is bang on. I remember someone saying Rio didn't get the plaudits he deserved from other fans because he was never caught out of position so never had to make last ditch tackles. Smalling is the same.