Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Good performance by our centerbacks. And Smalling is in a beast mode.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Getting more comfortable playing the ball out of defence, that pass near the end of the half was just :drool:

m1y2

sometimes his first touch is little too heavy but apart that he bosses the game. I love his chesting the ball like nothing happened, great passing and some good runs, like someone earlier said I love how he thinks he's Messi for a while and than realize he's too far and pass it but good option how to set an attack especially when Blind looks not really convincing receiving the ball under pressure.

I really hope we finally buy some world class defensive midfielder, strong, agile fast type to cover the defense better..

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Interesting to see how aggressively he has been pressing, practically playing on the halfway line and playing some great passes.

ChrisG11

He's bossing it so far, big reason we've managed to stay in Sunderlands half for the majority of the game.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He's been smashing it! Never seen him look so good on the ball. I've always rated him defensively but his ball work lets him down. If he can keep this up he could really hit some form.

Also if LVG reverts to Jones after Smalling is putting out performances like this, then I just don't know anymore...

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I don't think I have seen him play better for us. This is a throwback to the Smalling we signed not the one we ruined playing at RB.

Rossa

Can you give a centre back motm after such a match? Incredibly good today, terrific on the ball and bosses defense. His passing is miles better than Evans' at this stage.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Absolute monster today. A real driving force from the back.

Classical Mechanic

Can you give a centre back motm after such a match? Incredibly good today, terrific on the ball and bosses defense. His passing is miles better than Evans' at this stage.
Good game from Smalling but yes, it would be very odd to give him MOTM in a game at home where the opposition sat in and looked to score on the break.

Rossa

Good game from Smalling but yes, it would be very odd to give him MOTM in a game at home where the opposition sat in and looked to score on the break.
They did try on the break, but when you put Adam through and Smalling simply outpaces him, what else is there for them to do? It was their only chance, but Smalling and Valencia would always boss that side for counter attacking play. What convinced me about Smalling today though was his ball playing abilities and the way he brought the ball out of defense and carried it to attack.

Kag

He should be starting every game. That was obvious even before today. Considerably better than Jones in the same role.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Love when he bursts past strikers like they're nothing to him.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Best CB at the club by miles.
This.

He's a few levels above the rest. He looked more confident than I've ever seen him today on the ball. Always trying to get forward, defending excellently and distributing the ball well.

I'd keep him at United without a doubt. He may not be a starter when we get the players we want but he'll at the very least always have a part to play as a squad player.

Classical Mechanic

They did try on the break, but when you put Adam through and Smalling simply outpaces him, what else is there for them to do? It was their only chance, but Smalling and Valencia would always boss that side for counter attacking play. What convinced me about Smalling today though was his ball playing abilities and the way he brought the ball out of defense and carried it to attack.
They had 26% possession and five shots. I don't even think that they had a corner. No ambition really. Awful from them.

Sam

He's our best centre back. Told you.

Cue Jones replacing him as soon as he's available again.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Surprise surprise play Smalling and we look solid at the back (apart from the first 10). He's out best defender and a beast at 1 on 1s. He has to start every game he's fit for me.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
He's the only one of our centre halves who can be agressive while being calm and composed at the same time. Which is absolutely vital if you want to put in a solid performance as a team.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Another brilliant game, still so underrated by our own fans and especially opposition fans