Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If we're going to win anything this season he's going to be a huge part of it, really really good today.

Litch

Just for the good old rhetoric, Smalling should be no where near the first team should he?

Andersons Dietician

2nd best striker at the club. The finish tho, Zlatan would be proud of that and if it was Slatan that scored it the media and certain fans would be passing out right now from their “celebrations”

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
That was fantastic control for the goal, and solid play overall throughout. He also had good weight on his passes and played them in front of our players instead of slightly behind or straight to feet. Did everything you can ask from him really.

arthurka

He might not be graceful as a player but he is such a good natural defender . That finish was top drawer to.

Ashley R1+O

So we're done with the trope that this guy can't play football after that, yeah? Done.

Absolute colossus, clearly our best defender and one of our best players at the moment.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very glad we signed this Christiano Smallinho CB. He's got the hair too

Kapardin

So we're done with the trope that this guy can't play football after that, yeah? Done.

Absolute colossus, clearly our best defender and one of our best players at the moment.
By my reckoning, he has been absolutely rock solid since that red card against City in LvG's first season.

He's had a few bad games like any other player, and is perhaps not as good on the ball as we'd like him to be, but after what he's done since 2014, I don't know how anybody can call him a mediocre player or want him sold. He's not world class but definitely above average and our first choice CB.

Scores 3-4 league goals per season as well. English Ramos.

Ekeke

By my reckoning, he has been absolutely rock solid since that red card against City in LvG's first season.

He's had a few bad games like any other player, and is perhaps not as good on the ball as we'd like him to be, but after what he's done since 2014, I don't know how anybody can call him a mediocre player or want him sold. He's not world class but definitely above average and our first choice CB.

Well its simple. They might know something about attacking football, but those people clearly dont know anything about defending. Defensively he's as good as anyone in the league.

Macern

Pee pee pants
He looks like a soundcloud rapper, but yeah he was good today. Let’s see if he can keep it going and be consistent. I have my doubts, especially against teams that don’t play long balls.

Johan07

Vegan Mike was brilliant today. He will play every game under Mourinho. There is no better defender in the PL when attacking the ball from deep. Van Dijk maybe.
If we are buying a new defender nxt summer it will be as a compliment for Mike; not a replacement.
If we change manager and style of play its something completely different though. Under Mourinho he will play.

James_42

I don't understand how any United fan can still not rate him, for years he has easily been our best CB.

Kapardin

Him and Alderwereld would be a fantastic partnership.
I am no Woodward hater, but not buying Toby was a bizarre decision. Especially the "We would be exchanging our fifth choice CB for a fifth choice CB" claim.

Smalling-Toby partnership would have probably meant us sitting on 13-15 points at this moment.

Ekeke

I am no Woodward hater, but not buying Toby was a bizarre decision. Especially the "We would be exchanging our fifth choice CB for a fifth choice CB" claim.

Smalling-Toby partnership would have probably meant us sitting on 13-15 points at this moment.
Then why arent Spurs? Verthongen is their best CB

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
fecking beezer of a finish. Seems to score more with his feet than his head, which is odd for a centre back. Especially one whose technique is often criticised.

Maybe his technique is just fine and his critics are idiots? Surely not.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Utter joke that Tarkowski gets picked agead of him.
It has been and still only is a marketing ploy. All part of the rebrand. Next England manager might copy some other new manager who has done well with dwarfs only and Tarkowski will be replaced with Wilshere at CB

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I’ll be honest, I’ve been very critical of Smalling before but so far this season he’s been very good defensively and he’s offered a significant threat going forward. Very well taken goal today. I think he’s very comfortably our best centre back, I’d be tempted to see how he does with Bailly for a few games.

jem

I've always been a fan of Mike Van Persie. He's not the best bringing the ball out, but pretty top-notch in every other aspect. Get an Aldeweireld next to him, and we'll see great things.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I've always been a fan of Mike Van Persie. He's not the best bringing the ball out, but pretty top-notch in every other aspect. Get an Aldeweireld next to him, and we'll see great things.
Think you’re right mate, if we had a bit of a different kind of defender next to him he could flourish. I think he struggles with the “leadership” aspect of being our CB. Perhaps a real ball playing CB next to Smalling could bring out the best in him.

SpyLuke10

Aside from that 4-0 Chelsea game I agree (that 4-0 Chelsea game was maybe the worst performance I've seen from him).

SpyLuke10

I still think Lindelof at this point is shit and I'd like to see Bailly or Rojo perhaps next to Smalling. Not Jones though. PLEASE not Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.