6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyMUFC

He's just not really an 8, we've played him there because he's one of our best players in possession but yeah he struggles in the position in high intensity games.

He's not the first player to dip in form after an injury and won't be the last. Will still be a important squad player next season.

MadMike

He’s a player who is really useful when you’re dominating the game and getting time on the ball. He has a passing range that can hurt the opposition.

But more and more games now involve high pressing from both teams and the team with most athleticism to keep pressing as well as skill on the ball to break the counter-press, dominates. Eriksen has the skill on the ball but doesn’t have the pace needed. He’s Mata-esque right now, as people pointed out. Slow and ineffective in a high tempo game.

For a free player he had a really good 6-month period and he’ll be a good asset in some games next year too. But we can’t go into next season with him as our first choice. We at least 1 more CM and if McTominay, Sabitzer and VDB are leaving we need two.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Was just sayin', chill bro. I know you're feeling a little embarrassed. It's ok, we all say dumb things at times. But yeah, thank feck you don't work for the club, you'd probably give Eriksen another 4 years and make him captain. :lol:
You got all of that from calling out the fact you'd rather sell Eriksen than Fred, in a different thread entirely? You're an odd individual.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
You got all of that from calling out the fact you'd rather sell Eriksen than Fred, in a different thread entirely? You're an odd individual.
That was just my opinion and I was proved right. If I had to keep one, I would keep Fred. They both need upgrading but I'd 100% offload Eriksen first. You were the one who got triggered by that and had to make a shitty remark instead of giving a rational response. Now you're all crying about it. You're the one who's odd. if you can't take it...

humdinger

Has some quality on the ball but it’s obvious he’ll struggle in a fast-paced game against physical players. The Mata comparison is apt. He’d still be really useful breaking down a low block but can’t play in games like this.

arnie_ni

It really isn't like him to miss that rashford pass down the side. It would have been a 1v1 with the keeper.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He's just not really an 8, we've played him there because he's one of our best players in possession but yeah he struggles in the position in high intensity games.

He's not the first player to dip in form after an injury and won't be the last. Will still be a important squad player next season.
He’s a better #8 than #10 at least. Abysmal there yesterday.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
That was just my opinion and I was proved right. If I had to keep one, I would keep Fred. They both need upgrading but I'd 100% offload Eriksen first. You were the one who got triggered by that and had to make a shitty remark instead of giving a rational response. Now you're all crying about it. You're the one who's odd. if you can't take it...
My friend, you've tagged me in a different thread completely and carried this on days later based off throw away comment multiple people made to you, I'm certainly not the one that's triggered :lol:

You've not been proven right my any means of imagination based off one game, you need to get out and get some fresh air.

jesperjaap

He's done, he hasnt th elegs, he isnt an effective 8, is actualy a liability there. Still dont get the talk of him as a a great free signing personally? Had some good performances but he cant cope in big games. We have really replaced players like Mata and Matic who needed to go with another player that needs to go too, for me a better stop gap but not much more of a stop gap than the loan signings we made, see far more value in players like Mainoo and Hannibal being integrated than what I feel Eriksen brings us next season, which is little

RedPed

Whatabouter.
My friend, you've tagged me in a different thread completely and carried this on days later based off throw away comment multiple people made to you, I'm certainly not the one that's triggered :lol:

You've not been proven right my any means of imagination based off one game, you need to get out and get some fresh air.
Multiple people? You mean a couple of others who are also probably eating their words like you right now. Trust me, there's a lot more people in agreement. It's clearly bothering you. Just let it go. Time to move on.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Multiple people? You mean a couple of others who are also probably eating their words like you right now. Trust me, there's a lot more people in agreement. It's clearly bothering you. Just let it go. Time to move on.
Yes, that's the very definition of multiple people :lol:

edgecutter

Should he have played yesterday, probably not. But who comes on for him? McTominay?

Scott has been awful, and that's United's problem, we hold on to average players that simply wouldn't get on any of our opponents benches. Hopefully we learn our lesson and trim the bloated fat. A proper cull is needed.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Ideally Sabitzer would have played more but that wasn't to be

If we can manage his game time better next season he could still be an asset

Lee565

He's OK in the right type of match where we dominate the possession but he (and sancho) went missing yesterday when we needed players to put in a shift

Oranges038

Legs are gone. That could be easy enough to compensate for if you had other players out there to play and let him control and dictate the game from a deeper position. Or if the ball wasn't getting hoofed over his head from the keeper all game.

When your other midfield options McT and Fred, then it's easy to see why he gets the not. Midfield needs at least 2 new players in the summer, to manage his minutes better so that he's fresh when needed.

El Jefe

In true caf form there were posters who called this out weeks into him being here but they were called kneejerk and moaners.

I think it was pretty obvious that he didn't have the legs or dynamism to play in midfield. We only started controlling games when Casemiro got in the side, before that Eriksen would have a good 20-30mins in the first half then disappear.

I think he's served his purpose which was a stop gap until we can fill out our team with proper midfielders which I expect to happen this summer. The man looks like he's running in mud, I don't even think a 37yo Scholes looked as slow off the ball.

He can still get minutes in games next season off the bench in games we want to control a bit or in the cups but he needs to be a firm backup next season.

ThanksBoss26

Agree with most, wouldn't necessarily want in the first choice XI next season but should still be a very useful squad option.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I love the guy but if he can only play against teams we totally dominate (in all other games he's just a liability), then I'd seriously consider selling him to get some funds for other transfers.

I don't see him as a squad player at all. Did alright this season, I'm very surprised ETH insisted so much on playing him whenever possible but this can't continue next season.

Zico1982

...and after a well deserved rest and a full preseason, Eriksen returns to form and everybody in here thinks he is the GOAT....until he has a bad game. Then he is way past it and a squad option against league one teams in the cups. Everything is black or white. Classic CAF. Eriksen is looking weak and weary since returning (too soon?) from injury. In this form the critics are right. He should probably not have played. At least not as much as he has. I am pretty sure that ETH will still prefer his Case-Eriksen-Bruno Midfield after the summer break. Mount and Mr. X (Rabiot?) would be in the rotation with everyone getting sufficient Minutes. Fred or McT could go.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He's done, he hasnt th elegs, he isnt an effective 8, is actualy a liability there. Still dont get the talk of him as a a great free signing personally? Had some good performances but he cant cope in big games. We have really replaced players like Mata and Matic who needed to go with another player that needs to go too, for me a better stop gap but not much more of a stop gap than the loan signings we made, see far more value in players like Mainoo and Hannibal being integrated than what I feel Eriksen brings us next season, which is little
It’s a great free signing because you can rarely find a player that can come in and instantly become a big contributor over a season for free.

Art

Art the artist
Good player on the ball. I don’t think he’s cut out to play in tough games next season. Squad player. We’d do very well to also selling Fred and getting JwP or someone to improving the midfield.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just a question - considering Eriksen has ‘legs gone’ - does Frenkie De Jong have the legs that Eriksen has lost?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He started the season remarkably well.

He's struggled against the more combative pressing teams. Against the lesser teams when United dominate the ball. Still had a positive impact on the season overall.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He started the season remarkably well.

He's struggled against the more combative pressing teams. Against the lesser teams when United dominate the ball. Still had a positive impact on the season overall.
That's not completely true, though? He featured against Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool and was a prominent figure in all of those wins. I don't think he was managed well in the end - no ones fault as we don't have the resources to rest Eriksen consistently plus the injury took everything out of him.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
We always look better with him in the team against lesser oppositions, but he gets overran in the bigger matches. Hardly unexpected and we're too reliant on him for the stage of career he's now at.

He's been a good signing, contributed towards assists/our style of play but really shouldn't be more than an option for rotation. Had hoped to see him contribute more goals, especially given how lack a top out and out number 9.

El Jefe

That's not completely true, though? He featured against Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool and was a prominent figure in all of those wins. I don't think he was managed well in the end - no ones fault as we don't have the resources to rest Eriksen consistently plus the injury took everything out of him.
He was the worst player on the pitch for us along with Sancho in the 6-3 game, deja vu? And was also our worst player in the win against City at home with both our goals coming after he was subbed.

Arsenal and Liverpool were his only good big games this season and they happened in the first month of the season. He's been a liability in tough games since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.