6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor trail

His importance cannot be understated. United have no composure in the midfield, that's why every game as it stands is a game of two halves. Once he's back the team will go up a level. He's absolutely fundamental to the overall team performing well.

What's helping United get retults is the mentality of the team.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
His importance cannot be understated. United have no composure in the midfield, that's why every game as it stands is a game of two halves. Once he's back the team will go up a level. He's absolutely fundamental to the overall team performing well.

This is actually a good thing because once he is back, the team will go up a level, especially as we are already winning and doing well without him.

dinostar77

The lack of control in the games and his ability to control the pace has been missed. Shame Bruno G of newcastle isnt someone we could sign as he'd be a great alternative.

BorisManUtd

I just wish if he could come back earlier than expected. Casemiro, Fred, Bruno, Sabitzer, McTominay + Eriksen is great midfield in quality and depth. Good thing is this year PL season is to be played until late May so there will be many games yet to be played when he comes back. Plus we could still be in Europa and Fa Cup potentially.

The United

He is a good player who adds something to the team. I can agree with that we are missing his passing from the deep. But to say we have no composure right now might not be right. In fact, I believe our team has become more composed since he has been absent. I feel like we can control the second halves of the games better without him. I think it is partly because other CMs are a bit more physically intense and have more stamina than him.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's been very important, but 1 player isn't the difference between composure and no composure in midfield.

We're playing a lot of games lately and the team sometimes get offs to slow starts or tapers off in games.

Idxomer

He is a good player who adds something to the team. I can agree with that we are missing his passing from the deep. But to say we have no composure right now might not be right. In fact, I believe our team has become more composed since he has been absent. I feel like we can control the second halves of the games better without him. I think it is partly because other CMs are a bit more physically intense and have more stamina than him.
I agree. The intensity is much better without him in midfield. We may concede possession but don't look as porous in the 2nd half of games anymore.

TheReligion

Abusive
Great to see him celebrating and off the crutches (@Sassy Colin )

Hopefully on course to be back in good time and we still have another trophy to play for.

He’ll be desperately frustrated to not be properly involved yesterday.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Awe does anyone know if he will get a medal too?
Probably, he will. The winner of the EFL is given 30 medals along with the trophy. 19 of these medals are awarded to the match-day squad (11 starters and 8 subs) and the manager on the day of the final. At a later date, the winner will receive 11 additional medals. I guess, some will go to the staff and others to the players who weren't in the squad but featured in the competition. People mention it as a joke, but it won't be outlandish, if Dubravka also gets one (of course, after informing his club of our intention). But it's not like the FA Cup where you get 40 medals. In the EFL, some might be left out.

Last edited:

Lyng

I agree. The intensity is much better without him in midfield. We may concede possession but don't look as porous in the 2nd half of games anymore.
We have plenty of players in midfield with a ton of intesity, what we lack is composure and control when he isnt there. His ability to slow the game down and play passes that give us room is something Fred, Scotty nor Sabitzer have.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Great to see him celebrating and off the crutches (@Sassy Colin )

Hopefully on course to be back in good time and we still have another trophy to play for.

He’ll be desperately frustrated to not be properly involved yesterday.
I think he's just put his crutches aside for the picture. He was using them after the Barcelona game.

Strats

Was wearing a protective boot so can imagine there will be some time until he’s fully fit.

That said, I do not fully know the process behind rehabilitation regarding injuries of his current nature.

He’d be great to have back in the late stages of the season

WirralRed

Yeah he mentioned yesterday in an interview that the crutches are gone now and it’s just the boot.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Cant wait for his return. Will be happy if he can do a Modric and be one of the senior options in a few years. Extremely intelligent footballer.

Probably, he will. The winner of the EFL is given 30 medals along with the trophy. 29 of these medals are awarded to the match-day squad (11 starters and 7 subs) and the manager on the day of the final. At a later date, the winner will receive 11 additional medals. I guess, some will go to the staff and others to the players who weren't in the squad but featured in the competition. People mention it as a joke, but it won't be outlandish, if Dubravka also gets one (of course, after informing his club of our intention). But it's not like the FA Cup where you get 40 medals. In the EFL, some might be left out.
Didn’t know that, thanks for sharing!

Idxomer

We have plenty of players in midfield with a ton of intesity, what we lack is composure and control when he isnt there. His ability to slow the game down and play passes that give us room is something Fred, Scotty nor Sabitzer have.
I don't disagree, he gives us composure and control usually for about 60 minutes. His influence in games fades in the 2nd half of games which is the main point I was agreeing with. We have Fred and Sabitzer for intensity but the former wasn't playing much before Eriksen's injury and the latter was only signed because of it.

Lyng

I don't disagree, he gives us composure and control usually for about 60 minutes. His influence in games fades in the 2nd half of games which is the main point I was agreeing with. We have Fred and Sabitzer for intensity but the former wasn't playing much before Eriksen's injury and the latter was only signed because of it.
Thats why I think he will elevate us when he comes back because we suddenly have options to change and adapt our midfield to whatever opponent we are facing.
Eriksen is not great against all types of opponents, exactly like Fred will be better in some scenarios and Sabitzer in others.

Irwin99

We miss his creativity at times. We just seemed a bit more fluid with him in the side although Fred, Sabitzer, Mctominay add more steel obviously.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We're still getting in good results but he's been a major loss in midfield.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We're still getting in good results but he's been a major loss in midfield.
Personally I don’t see Fred coming in for Eriksen as weakening the team, aside from any given game where Fred plays significantly below his level.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Personally I don’t see Fred coming in for Eriksen as weakening the team, aside from any given game where Fred plays significantly below his level.
Depends on the game. We've had a run of big games recently where Fred probably would have been the better option anyway, but in other games (like today) Eriksen would have been our best option to start.

Waynne

Would be ideal to rotate him with Bruno and have a midfield trio of Sabitzer, Casemiro and Eriksen.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Depends on the game. We've had a run of big games recently where Fred probably would have been the better option anyway, but in other games (like today) Eriksen would have been our best option to start.
I think all that means is that they have different qualities, which is true - but I think they are also similar level players. Eriksen himself is not a world class central midfielder - he’s just about a central midfielder at all. He’s better on the ball than Fred for sure, but he’s not Modric himself and has significant weaknesses of his own. Him and Fred are about the same level, which I guess is why there is a consensus that we need a top class CM to partner Casemiro full time. Fred is not so terrible with the ball that he’s a weaker option IMO.

Lyng

I think all that means is that they have different qualities, which is true - but I think they are also similar level players. Eriksen himself is not a world class central midfielder - he’s just about a central midfielder at all. He’s better on the ball than Fred for sure, but he’s not Modric himself and has significant weaknesses of his own. Him and Fred are about the same level, which I guess is why there is a consensus that we need a top class CM to partner Casemiro full time. Fred is not so terrible with the ball that he’s a weaker option IMO.
Eriksen can play passes and see the game in ways Fred never can. Fred offers energy and intensity but lacks the football intelligence and passing that Eriksen has. They are pretty much polar opposites. Sabitzer can stand in for Fred. But we dont have anyone with Eriksens abilities.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Eriksen can play passes and see the game in ways Fred never can. Fred offers energy and intensity but lacks the football intelligence and passing that Eriksen has. They are pretty much polar opposites. Sabitzer can stand in for Fred. But we dont have anyone with Eriksens abilities.
And Fred can do a lot of things Eriksen can’t. The fact that Eriksen has different qualities to Fred doesn’t make him better.

Lyng

And Fred can do a lot of things Eriksen can’t. The fact that Eriksen has different qualities to Fred doesn’t make him better.
That doesnt change the fact that you said we dont need Eriksen when we have Fred which is silly, given Fred cannot do the things we need Eriksen to do.

MyBloodIsRed

What’s the timetable on his return? Early April? Maybe targeting the Everton match on the eighth to come on as a sub?

if we progress in Europa. He’d be fit for the middle of April.

Status
Not open for further replies.