Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I think we will need to adapt tactically for the next two months. No chance Fred or McTominay can directly replace Eriksen in the starting XI.

Devil81

Lets hope they have a rabbit up their sleeve and we get a midfielder before the close of the window.

That's terrible news. Like others have said why was he even starting the match.

MiracleInMadrid

Terrible news. He has been fundamental of how we've played so far. Especially given the alternatives. The gap in quality and type of player needed in there is simply to big.

And in a cup match against Reading..

That said, I don't even consider blaming ETH for playing him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We've lost 2 midfielders to reckless challenges now.
Nah, the van de Beek one was a pure accident, Carroll is a malicious thug who intentionally went out of his way to injure one of our players. Shame RedCafe is against wishing injury on opposition players because I have some choice thoughts on Carroll.

AltiUn

Also we desperately need a last minute loan or else we’re fecked.

hammerfadl

Such a blow to our midfield loosing Eriksen. The drop of quality from starter to bench in midfield is too big. Fred can possibly do a job next to Casemiro, but McTominay should play as little as possible. Not to mention we have no rotational options now.

Rustyspider13

Wow. The worst case scenario came to pass. I'm dreading our chances for top 4 now. I don't think I'm exaggerating either. All the games we won against the 'weaker' sides that have allowed us to climb up the table was because of having three midfielders who can pass the ball. Even the opening goal against Reading started from Eriksen switching the play out to Antony. fecking hell man. Just dejected. Wish him a good recovery.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
We are now in real need of Sancho coming back and performing. He's the only one in the squad who has the potential to cover Eriksen's attacking qualities.

KiD MoYeS

We have zero money and two midfielders injured for the season, why couldn't we have two money and zero midfielders injured for the season.

TheReligion

Abusive
Wow. The worst case scenario came to pass. I'm dreading our chances for top 4 now. I don't think I'm exaggerating either. All the games we won against the 'weaker' sides that have allowed us to climb up the table was because of having three midfielders who can pass the ball. Even the opening goal against Reading started from Eriksen switching the play out to Antony. fecking hell man. Just dejected. Wish him a good recovery.
Yeah he’s a big loss.

AltiUn

We are now in real need of Sancho coming back and performing. He's the only one in the squad who has the potential to cover Eriksen's attacking qualities.
I don't think they share a single similar quality.

Mike Smalling

So, I imagine we are going to see a lot of Fred-Casemiro in the midfield from now on. Not too bad, but we will be much less comfortable on the ball. I think this also means that Bruno will have to adjust his game a little bit. Probably he needs to come deeper and distribute a bit more, rather than always looking for that killer pass in the final third.

I trust Ten Hag to set up us, so we continue to grind out victories, but it will less of a smooth ride. We will still get top four.

DickDastardly

We get Bruno to play his position?

Ddg
Awb Varane Martinez Shaw
Casemiro Bruno
Antony Sancho Rashford
Weghorst

Against poor sides.

And just place Fred instead when we face the big boys.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I honestly don't think any blame can be attached to ETH.

I'd imagine he wanted him to play the first half, get a goal or two up and rest him. Even the injury isn't a muscle injury from overplaying, it's from a thuggish tackle. How he never even got carded for that, shocking.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
At least he's not really been at his best performances recently. And we managed just fine.
Fred should really step it up.

Mike Smalling

At least he's not really been at his best performances recently. And we managed just fine.
Yeah, this is also what I'm thinking. There is still a drop-off, of course, but he hasn't been performing to his highest level since the World Cup. It would have been so much worse if it was Casemiro.

Clearly, I am in the bargaining phase at the moment.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Yeah, this is also what I'm thinking. There is still a drop-off, of course, but he hasn't been performing to his highest level since the World Cup. It would have been so much worse if it was Casemiro.

The season would have been dead.

KiD MoYeS

Thought he was brilliant in the Forest first leg. Fred is okay, but he really does not suit Ten Hag's system. Thankfully Casemiro is a better distributor of the ball than I thought.

AltiUn

You're both right, Fred's been in good form. I do think our games will be more chaotic in midfield now, but we had issues keeping control all game anyway. We still have a right to be furious that he was done in by an intentional, vicious "challenge" by a semi-retired thug.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Imagine if Casemiro didn't join us.
Back to Bruno Fred Scott midfield for the rest of the season.
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.