Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
The season would have been dead.
Carroll had 3 goes at injuring our players. He did Eriksen, and had a go at doing Casemiro too. No coincidence he did this once the game was over for Reading and I'm convince he did it to help out Newcastle for the cup final and the league.

The White Pele

He’s a massive loss. He’s made such a difference to us with the way he takes the ball from defence and progresses up the pitch. Casemiro has helped in this regard too so we’re still better off than last season but switching from Eriksen to Fred is going to adversely impact our style of play and our ability to have spells of controlled possession.

Ten Hag will adapt us so don’t think the season is a write-off but such a blow after getting ourselves into a position where we’re fighting on 4 fronts.

Would obviously snap your hand off now for the League Cup and 4th place.

Djemba-Djemba

Carroll had 3 goes at injuring our players. He did Eriksen, and had a go at doing Casemiro too. No coincidence he did this once the game was over for Reading and I'm convince he did it to help out Newcastle for the cup final and the league.
The foul on Eriksen was at 0-0.

He didn't give a shit about the game, or about Reading. I'm convinced he set out to injure someone. He took out Eriksen, smashed into Malacia and then tried to snap Casemiro in two. One of the most disgusting performances I can ever remember seeing. Out and out thug.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
The foul on Eriksen was at 0-0.

He didn't give a shit about the game, or about Reading. I'm convinced he set out to injure someone. He took out Eriksen, smashed into Malacia and then tried to snap Casemiro in two. One of the most disgusting performances I can ever remember seeing. Out and out thug.
I am now worried about my memory... I must be getting old :lol:

Olecurls99

Wish Eriksen well. He's been fantastic. Hopefully the recovery goes well and he's ready to go for next season.

always_hoping

Could have done without that massive blow before a real hectic fixture list. Stupid tackle by Carroll.

Remains to be seen if Marcel Sabitzer can fill in.

the gafferjs

Been great this season in general but in my view he’s been very poor since the World Cup, he didn’t need to play against Reading, the Manager is to blame for lack of rotation and he knows it.

croadyman

Really hope the players are determined to get us to FA Cup Final as he will be missing Carabao one

OrcaFat

He might only be good for 45 mins but boy did we miss him for the first half vs Leeds tonight.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He might only be good for 45 mins but boy did we miss him for the first half vs Leeds tonight.
Yeah he makes Bruno play calmer too and isn't always spamming through balls. Huge loss over the next few months.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah I came to this thread as it struck me that we don’t really have anyone else like him in the squad who has that natural play making instinct. Huge miss for us.

Walters_19_MuFc

I want to see Sabitzer with Cas before I make a proper judgement but from the first half viewing yesterday, I can see why ten Hag is a big fan of Eriksen, who gives us that much needed calmness to our midfield.

Fahad Jawaid

Can we send him to some mystery healers or give him those medicines City or Liverpool players used to consume resulting in increased Stamina, workrate and inability to get tired or injured.

We really need him against Barca, they will press the feck out of us and Fred and Bruno will be giving it away for fun and they will be playing circles around us and we would get demoralised.

Mike Smalling

Can we send him to some mystery healers or give him those medicines City or Liverpool players used to consume resulting in increased Stamina, workrate and inability to get tired or injured.

We really need him against Barca, they will press the feck out of us and Fred and Bruno will be giving it away for fun and they will be playing circles around us and we would get demoralised.
Break out the horse placenta.

Chief123

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more recognition for how much we have missed this guy. All the focus is on Casemiro, but it’s been glaringly obvious how much we’ve missed Eriksens ability to link the defence and attack. It’s been a big reason why we’ve struggled to get our forwards receiving the ball higher up the pitch last few games. Eriksen was a big part in play those vertical balls from deep to players occupying high positions. I still can’t believe some on here think he hasn’t done much for us this season. It’s not just all Casemiro.

croadyman

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more recognition for how much we have missed this guy. All the focus is on Casemiro, but it’s been glaringly obvious how much we’ve missed Eriksens ability to link the defence and attack. It’s been a big reason why we’ve struggled to get our forwards receiving the ball higher up the pitch last few games. Eriksen was a big part in play those vertical balls from deep to players occupying high positions. I still can’t believe some on here think he hasn’t done much for us this season. It’s not just all Casemiro.
Oh yeah there is no doubt we miss his creativity,my prediction is he could return around Forest away on Apr 15. I think the trip to Newcastle will come too soon unfortunately

OrcaFat

Eriksen, Casemiro and Rashford are all vital, if any of them are out, we cannot replace them satisfactorily.

If all three are in the team and playing as they can, most other positions can be covered by the squad without major issue.

Eriksen is the single most important player in the team, I think. He has the greatest influence on the way we play.

Lyng

He also has an ability to slow down the game from midfield. Our team gets extremely erratic without him.

prateik

Any chance of him making a quick(er) recovery...
I miss his calmness in midfield.

Sylar

Kinda random but didn't realise he is third in assists in the league (saka and kdb ahead of him)

Lyng

I have a feeling we could see this setup when he returns:

Sabitzer - Casemiro
Bruno - Eriksen - Sancho
Rashford​

Kag

Any chance of him making a quick(er) recovery...
I miss his calmness in midfield.
He’s the sort of bloke you’d expect to recover from injury quickly. Minus his obvious issue the other year, he’s never been out for long.

NoPace

I have a feeling we could see this setup when he returns:

Sabitzer - Casemiro
Bruno - Eriksen - Sancho
Rashford​
Good shout. Or even:

-------Sabitzer - Casemiro
Antony - --Eriksen - Bruno
--------------Rashford------------

and I guess Shaw playing quite high up on the left so there's actual width there.

That would be a really tough front 6 to play against and while there's a serious lack of pace, you'd fancy them to play in Rashford a few times a game.

Lyng

Good shout. Or even:

-------Sabitzer - Casemiro
Antony - --Eriksen - Bruno
--------------Rashford------------

and I guess Shaw playing quite high up on the left so there's actual width there.

That would be a really tough front 6 to play against and while there's a serious lack of pace, you'd fancy them to play in Rashford a few times a game.
Absolutely. We have quite a few very versatile players and I think that fits very well with Ten Hags tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.