Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good to see him back. Played well. Will be interesting to see what we do now. Bruno was class 2 games in a row in that deep position and Sabitzer provided a ton playing more advanced. Much different set up putting Eriksen and Bruno in the middle.

ShinjiNinja26

Absolute class! The way he was pinging balls about like it was nothing showed exactly what we’ve been missing. With Casemiro returning as well to bring the steel back we should be looking in much better shape.

RoyKeaneReborn

Great to see him back. Brings a certain calmness to ball holding, passing & distribution which our other midfielders dun. Simple & tidy play.

Marwood

This is very unfair to Fred, who has been quite decent to good usually this season. Eriksen, although much better on the ball, gets outrun very easily and we've seen this happen multiple times this season especially in second half when there's more space on the pitch and Eriksen couldn't keep up. Fred, not as good on the ball but creates more turn overs

Eriksen has been one of the best transfers recently but he has some limitations. We've actually done very well in his absence, that also shows Fred can do a job when called and paired with Casemiro.

I prefer watching Eriksen play football but I think in tough games we look more balanced with Fred. Ideally both should be splitting game time equally I think.
Fred's not even getting a game ahead of Sabitzer or McTominay. So I don't think its too harsh to say Eriksen should always start ahead of him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Fred's not even getting a game ahead of Sabitzer or McTominay. So I don't think its too harsh to say Eriksen should always start ahead of him.
I find this a bit strange to be honest, Fred presented the highest level of them and still he clearly isn't preferred by Ten Hag. Difficult to argue his choices, especially when Casemiro isn't available. He somehow made this work today and last game.

When Casemiro is there, Fred is definitely the most natural choice whether first or second.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Does that mean we can now pick from Bruno, Casemiro, Eriksen, Fred, McTominay and Sabitzer for the first time?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He showed what we've been missing.

For all his physical limitations, he's got so many qualities we've lacked in the toughest part of the season.

Good to have him back, shame we went so long without him.

croadyman

His performance just proves we need to sign a CM who has that technical ability on ball. This will then take some pressure off his shoulders when he's getting no joy

In Rainbows

I find this a bit strange to be honest, Fred presented the highest level of them and still he clearly isn't preferred by Ten Hag. Difficult to argue his choices, especially when Casemiro isn't available. He somehow made this work today and last game.

When Casemiro is there, Fred is definitely the most natural choice whether first or second.
I don't think he likes the positions Fred and Sabitzer take up. They both press rather high for a midfielder, and leave the defense vulnerable if they don't force an interception or the pass back. I think it works when we're pinning them back, but when the game is tough, they follow the ball too much and leave us vulnerable.

Casemiro helps cover that up

Man Utd 2:2 Sevilla

youngrell

Disasterclass from the Dane tonight, couldn’t get his foot on the ball at all and completely off the pace. Hopefully he can sharpen up before next week as we’ll need him firing without Bruno.

Bobski

Whatever we get from Eriksen is a bonus. A Cas-Eriksen pairing going into next season has the potential to age very quickly so ideally he would move to more of a rotation role.

Irwin99

Thought he looked very off the pace which is natural, all things considered.

city-puma

He is lacking match fitness. But he is experienced and really intelligent player. I think he will get it back very soon.

Sylar

I understand why he came on, when he did for Bruno. Bruno on a ridiculous yellow, and now missing the next leg. Would give Eth a chance to see sabitzer, eriksen and casemiro together.

He was off it today but probably didn't help having elanga and wout ahead of him

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Are we not going to talk about how bad he was? He's a senior pro, a central midfielder and in a match that desperately needed a tempo change and control, it just passed him by.

Obviously gets a pass as he's been out for ages, but expected a lot more from that 'cameo'. Regardless of who is in front of him, he should be able to pick passes and ensure we kept some composure.

Lyng

Back to his usual self after the weird Sevilla cameo. Absolutely marvelous today. perfect performance. We are quite frankly shit without him and Bruno.

Red Rash

Fantastic performance and even better considering he is coming back from injury and only realised he would be starting at the last moment.

waza7111

He's very similar to Paul Scholes and we always play better when he starts.

acnumber9

He’s been badly missed. We’re just a much better team with him and Casemiro.

Marwood

When Sabitzer got injured I thought it might not be a bad thing for this particular game.

He was so good. A performance we've badly been missing.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Chucked it at a moment's notice and bossed the game along with Bruno. Class.

Wears a beard pretty well too, should keep it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Missed having him in. He'll struggle more in some games, but against the bottom half especially where we dominate more, he makes a massive difference to us. Slice through them time and again with him and Bruno

Status
Not open for further replies.