Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Surprise surprise he comes back and we dominate games again

Infra-red

A class act. I only wish he was 5 years younger. Finding a midfielder who can pass the ball as well as him has to be near the top of the shopping list this summer.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
When Sabitzer got injured I thought it might not be a bad thing for this particular game.

He was so good. A performance we've badly been missing.
Yup. Would be harsh on Sabitzer to drop him after last game but we also needed more midfielders and Bruno back up top.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The guy just plays by his own rules and bosses it. Even when the rest of the team have cut that daft M into the back of their hair he's been doing it naturally to the front of his for years.

Malone_Post

He’s such a joy to watch. Plays the game like he’s having a kick around in the back yard. Should have signed him years ago.

meamth

Our modern day Scholes. Only difference is the long balls, but he is closest to our favorite ginger.

ManRed

His influence in the first 20 minutes cannot be underestimated. Forest were up and pressing aggressively. Thanks to Eriksen who scans the pitch so quick and finds the free teammate. The cross to Bruno with his left foot was so sweet as well. Great game overall

meamth

Class player. Still doesn't have the legs to play in the high octane games against the biggest teams, but against anyone where we dominate the ball he'll run the show. So much fun to watch.
Don't underestimate his work rate. Eriksen still clocks in one the highest distance covered in our team.

Chairman Steve

He comes back and we immediately look much more comfortable in midfield again. Arguably not seen that in our performances since he got injured by the Geordie shithouse.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He was MOTM v Arsenal earlier this season
Thanks I realize that, but appreciate you chiming in with a single isolated example . We also got dominated in the middle of the pitch for a good portion of that game, but just smoked them on the break. Like I said, he's a brilliant player but it's a bit tougher for him to go toe to toe with the other top sides mainly defensively. He can play against any team in the world in possession though.

TheReligion

Abusive
Thanks I realize that, but appreciate you chiming in with a single isolated example . We also got dominated in the middle of the pitch for a good portion of that game, but just smoked them on the break. Like I said, he's a brilliant player but it's a bit tougher for him to go toe to toe with the other top sides mainly defensively. He can play against any team in the world in possession though.
No you said he doesn’t have the legs to play in those games.

I have an examples that shows that’s untrue.

reddevilchennai

Oozes class. He brings calmness to our midfield. Should rest him properly and use till the end of season.

Valencia Shin Crosses

No you said he doesn’t have the legs to play in those games.

I have an examples that shows that’s untrue.
Yes you noted one game (in which his contributions were all offensive when my entire point is based on him off the ball). I can also note the return Arsenal game or both City games as examples of him being run ragged. The point stands: Brilliant player but shouldn't be relied upon as our first choice CM next to Case if we want to compete at the highest level (ETH evidently agrees which is why we are after a CM this summer and last fwiw)

waza7111

Ideally in that situation we'd have a midfield 3 of Sabitzer/Casemiro/Eriksen with Bruno or Antony on the right.

This can be used in the more difficult games like Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool etc.

Sometimes you need to sacrifice a bit of creativity to be more solid. This is something I've yet to see from ETH and hopefully he can learn to do that.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yes you noted one game (in which his contributions were all offensive when my entire point is based on him off the ball). I can also note the return Arsenal game or both City games as examples of him being run ragged. The point stands: Brilliant player but shouldn't be relied upon as our first choice CM next to Case if we want to compete at the highest level (ETH evidently agrees which is why we are after a CM this summer and last fwiw)
Your post suggested he has no business being on the pitch in big games. obviously that’s not the case.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Your post suggested he has no business being on the pitch in big games. obviously that’s not the case.
You seem unable to use any sort of logical reasoning so I'll just stop here. The example you chose is the equivalent of someone saying we need to upgrade on Scott McTominay and then me showing him being a MOTM against City with a goal scored without any other context.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Ideally in that situation we'd have a midfield 3 of Sabitzer/Casemiro/Eriksen with Bruno or Antony on the right.

This can be used in the more difficult games like Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool etc.

Sometimes you need to sacrifice a bit of creativity to be more solid. This is something I've yet to see from ETH and hopefully he can learn to do that.
Nah ETH has definitely done what you've mentioned, but my point is you should strive to just get in a more complete 8 so that you don't HAVE to sacrifice an extra attacker just to control the game. If you brought in a De Jong or a similar profile that can combine Eriksen's quality passing with someone that offers better mobility off the ball, you aren't forced to make sacrifices at other areas on the pitch against big sides.

TheReligion

Abusive
You seem unable to use any sort of logical reasoning so I'll just stop here. The example you chose is the equivalent of someone saying we need to upgrade on Scott McTominay and then me showing him being a MOTM against City with a goal scored without any other context.
I think you need to explain yourself better in future mate as it will prevent this from happening again.

Eriksen does have a place in this team and in the biggest matches. Can he be upgraded? Sure but he’s probably one of our best technical players so for me his pros far outweigh his cons.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Wasn't even meant to be starting the game originally and then turns that performance in. Superb player. We have badly missed him.

Paul778

Oozes class. He brings calmness to our midfield. Should rest him properly and use till the end of season.
We need to stop doing him down. I saw so many of these posts before he got injured and it's sad to see them again now that he's back.

We were a little team lost without him and have been trying to find this sort of quality in CM for centre mid for over 10 years.

The game has changed. These days the games come thick and fast and that 5 subs is massive - that is half the outfield team - each and every game.

I hope that Erikson is an integral part of the united squad for many years. Sure i don't believe he will be in the starting 11 as much next season, but i want players throughout the squad who can come on or start in rotation, who are themselves quality.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I think you need to explain yourself better in future mate as it will prevent this from happening again.

Eriksen does have a place in this team and in the biggest matches. Can he be upgraded? Sure but he’s probably one of our best technical players so for me his pros far outweigh his cons.
The entire basis of my original point was going off of the basis that we ARE upgrading him. As of now obviously he belongs in our best XI in almost any game. I was more referencing the future in that we can't be doing the same next year if we want to go up a level as a side

Status
Not open for further replies.