Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
His progressive passing makes me cry because he's 30 and not 25 and I love him and I wish he was younger because he's so fecking classy.

Nah but I love the man.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The type of midfielder we've been in desperate need of since Scholes retired. Its embarrassing that it took the club sooo long to bring in this profile of player.
Hopefully its not as long when we bring in Eriksen's replacement.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yup. Its insane how good those two are together. Its clear they read the game in a similar fashion. The freedom Bruno enjoys when he has Christian (and Case) behind him, lets him unleash his full creative brilliance.
I hope we add a more clinical striker in the summer.
Yeah he plays with lot more freedom with Eriksen in the team.

Would love to watch us field our best team, with Eriksen Casemiro Bruno in midfield, Antony, Martial, Rashford in the attack. Should be lovely to watch.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not once. They’ve never all featured. Assuming you mean normal back 5 (Either Dalot or AWB), the midfield 3 and Antony Martial Rashford. Very frustrating.
That’s mental. Mostly down to Martial’s injuries but still.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The type of midfielder we've been in desperate need of since Scholes retired. Its embarrassing that it took the club sooo long to bring in this profile of player.
Hopefully its not as long when we bring in Eriksen's replacement.
It’s not about replacement. We need to urgently add more players like him to this squad. The way he plays simple passes without needing to take numerous touches and pondering is great.

Sylar

Everyday I wake up thinking how the hell we got him for free. In games like yesterday he just looks head and shoulders above everyone else and seems like he's saving himself.
The sad thing is, I think we only got him because he was free. We obviously needed the profile of player, but I think we lucked out that he was available because I dont think we would have paid anything for him.

lex talionis

Brilliant once again.

I go back and forth between wanting an upgrade for Eriksen…or cover for Eriksen who can grown into the job over the course of the next two seasons. He’s that fukking fantastic.

Oranges038

He's a class act.

Real shame he was 10 years too late coming in, but straight away you could see the difference he made. Such an intelligent player.

Borninthe80ts

What I really liked about yesterday’s performance was his positioning. Weather it be attacking or defending. He was available to the centre backs when needed, was wide to help stretch the play, and found space around the opponents box, creating at least one great chance from memory.

Somebody said in the post match thread I think that he looks like a coach and that’s fitting. Definitely helps implement the system Eric is looking to employ.

Bwuk

What's with the wild under-rating of Eriksen on this forum?

I seen someone say Enzo Fernandez was better ffs.

Bwuk

I’d swap them in a heartbeat. Mainly because of their respective ages.
Eriksen is better irregardless of age. I don’t think it’s particularly close either.

I can understand the swap for age thing, but he’s not better than Eriksen yet.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Would be interesting vs Sevilla, if he keeps as CM or AMC. I don't think he's had any memorable game as AMC with United.
or has he?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Would be interesting vs Sevilla, if he keeps as CM or AMC. I don't think he's had any memorable game as AMC with United.
or has he?
Can’t remember him actually playing there. He played false 9 on his debut vs Brighton(?) which was a very dark day

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Can’t remember him actually playing there. He played false 9 on his debut vs Brighton(?) which was a very dark day
Well, I just checked Trasnfermarkt. He did play as AM against Sevilla (when Bruno was subbed). Yeah, it wasn't really memorable.

Then against City when we won 2-1. Now I remember this one. Bruno to the right, Eriksen as AM, and Case - Fred at the base. Hmmm..

Then there were League Cup against Villa and Charlton that I don't have any memory of.

Last edited:

Bwuk

He'll play deep next to Casemiro as per usual. If Fred comes in he'll play infront of them.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Fred as a 10? We're in for a treat then. Which Father Fred would show up.
It's kinda how ten Hag has been using Sabitzer. Let him run around and press without being a positional liability and let Bruno dictate from deep. Now just with Eriksen instead. I'm pretty sure we played Fred in front of Eriksen earlier in the season as well.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's kinda how ten Hag has been using Sabitzer. Let him run around and press without being a positional liability and let Bruno dictate from deep. Now just with Eriksen instead. I'm pretty sure we played Fred in front of Eriksen earlier in the season as well.
Yes, Fred has been a 10, with performance scale of 1 - 10.

Sevilla 3:0 Man Utd

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Couldn't hack the physicality Sevilla showed. They swarmed him out of the game.

Bobski

Had quite a few games like that this season when his lack of energy has been exposed. Should only be a squad player next season.

redIndianDevil

He is not a central midfielder. Against crap teams that do not press he does an okay job but he should never start a tough game like this. He should ideally be a backup to Bruno next season to play the attacking midfielder role.

Roboc7

He should only be a squad player, not someone to play week and week out all the time.

slored1

Rakitić completely outplayed him. Played with zero intensity and without guts.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He isn’t good enough to play as our 8

Guapa

Class when given time but long past his sell by date I'm afraid,and what happened to those promised quality corners & free kicks I was promised ?

Lyng

We need him and Case back at their best. Still miles better player then our alternatives.

Ekeke

Played like he was still injured. Tackled 5 times after loose first touches, 1 extra time tackled on top of that and 82.5% pass accuracy. At best he was Bruno on one of his disaster days where nothing he tries has a successful outcome

Lyng

Not really
If you believe Fred and McT are as good as Casemiro and Eriksen then you must have not watched us play the last many seasons. The shitshow tonight is unusual for Case and Eriksen, while it was every damn match with McFred...

E-mal

Squad player for next season and not be at the club beyond that. Fine he is just returning from injury but for the role we want from him? he is simply not up to it in big important games.

Lyng

Squad player for next season and not be at the club beyond that. Fine he is just returning from injury but for the role we want from him? he is simply not up to it in big important games.
He was mom against Arsenal earlier this season...
The hyperbole around him and Case is astonishing. I could understand if we where talking about McFred...

Idxomer

The hyperbole around him and Case is astonishing. I could understand if we where talking about McFred...
Weren't we also outrun in most of that game? He played a couple of great decisive passes but he wasn't great in what we need most of him which is controlling the midfield.

Lyng

Weren't we also outrun in most of that game? He played a couple of great decisive passes but he wasn't great in what we need most of him which is controlling the midfield.
Not really. He usually runs more than most in the time he is on. He has issues after 60 minutes which is why it would be better he was a backup to De Jong. But he offers far more control than McFred.

Telsim

He could be very useful for breaking teams that have dug in deep, but he gets ran over by teams that will come at us and at our midfield. And the drop off in his game after the hour is noticable. Has an important place in the squad, but not as a regular starter.

E-mal

Arsenal at Old trafford? we were dominated in that game especially in the second half. He wont be dominating any game we play against the likes of City, Arsenal, Brighton or Liverpool because he just doesnt have the legs. I like him as aplayer but we need better.
Lets be honest, do you think he is good enough to be a starting player if we want to compete for the league next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.