Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Much much better in the second half, one of the few positives today.

cybertej29

Love his willingness to see the quick forward pass. Needs to replace McTominay in the midfield 2 with immediate effect.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I half agree with this.

Since Eriksen signed its like a fog has descended on the CAF and we must all agree everything he does is brilliant.

I didn't actually see much difference between him and Bruno today. Both pretty average compared to their top levels.

I don't think he was that bad when pressed and his choice of pass was mostly good. However, there was nothing particularly stunning about his performance.
He wasn't even that good in the second half.

The reason we were dilly-dallying when we were looking for an equaliser was because he's bad under pressure. He can't turn with the ball, so he just passes it back to the cbs, and once we've gave Brighton time to move up so Maguire and Martinez were both marked, he hoofs it.

Walters_19_MuFc

Thought he was sloppy in the first half. Tried way too many Hollywood balls and dropped a bit too deep.

Second half, when he went into the single pivot role, I felt the flow of our game was better. Received the ball of the back line and played some nice pass through the lines.

Trequarista10

He's never a 6 but he's clearly better a little deeper rather than as a 10 or false 9, and his quality in comparison to our other midfield options shows. Get a press resistant 6 behind him and in games like this he could run the show.

the hea

Get Frenkie signed and play him next to Eriksen in midfield. Send McFred out on loan to some Championship clubs. Midfield problem sorted.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Looked superior to bruno in every way possible.

I was delighted he beat the first defender near the near post with his corners.

Lyng

Eriksen, Bruno, Fred, McTominay... it's all the same. All weak under pressure which is why Brighton played us off the park.
they didnt in the second half with Eriksen deeper. He is very press resistant.

lsd

The Oracle
I was impressed with him. He ran out of of steam a bit near the end but was our best player today along with Sancho.

Has to get the nod over Bruno on current form

Yagami

Good post resistant
they didnt in the second half with Eriksen deeper. He is very press resistant.
Completely disagree. As I said above:
He wasn't even that good in the second half.

The reason we were dilly-dallying when we were looking for an equaliser was because he's bad under pressure. He can't turn with the ball, so he just passes it back to the cbs, and once we've gave Brighton time to move up so Maguire and Martinez were both marked, he hoofs it.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Looks quite good at football. On that basis I think that makes him our best left winger, attacking mid, defensive mid and possibly fullback.

TGod

Both have a place in this team. Would rather play them both than start mcfred again.

El Jefe

He wasn't great but was far and away our best player.

Bruno is done at this rate.

BerryBerryShrew

The only starter to emerge with any credit. EtH really dropped him in it by starting him as a false 9 but when he was able to play cm in the 2nd half he was the only guy who was able to make things happen.

lifted

He's never a 6 but he's clearly better a little deeper rather than as a 10 or false 9, and his quality in comparison to our other midfield options shows. Get a press resistant 6 behind him and in games like this he could run the show.
Absolutely. If we get a capable deep lying midfielder then I really think things will start to improve.

Aaaxio

Eriksen should be played deep. Was in that role he turned things around for Brentford last season.

Won’t be flashy or anything, but he’ll dictate the game from a deeper position.

G-manc

I thought he was pretty decent.

He made a better fist of the deepest lying midfielder than McFred in the second half because he actually takes care of the ball.

kundalini

I thought he was rubbish. Passes to no-one in the first half. Let them get out from near their corner for their 2nd goal. His shots were ok.

Bobski

Poor in the first half high up the pitch, looked quite pedestrian, but when moved deep he was very good. The lack of striker and McT being so high compressed the space first half and gave he and Bruno little space to play in, there was a bit more structure in the second and Eriksen was key to that slight improvement.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Excellent when he dropped deeper, and showed us just how much we have been missing that player who can dictate tempo from deep and provide some composure on the ball.

Adamsk7

It’s nuts that the game completely changed when a player that can play football started playing in the midfield. He’s not even a 6, it’s just McFred are so utterly inept

BlueHaze

I thought he was rubbish. Passes to no-one in the first half. Let them get out from near their corner for their 2nd goal. His shots were ok.
When he was dropped down deeper he did good. First half defo rubbish but thats not his normal position I do not know what went through ETH head.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Without being spectacular, he was easily our best player. Nobody comes close, which says more about the absolute state of everyone else. Because I don't even think he looked particularly fit.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Really hope that was a lightbulb moment for ETH and he plays Eriksen in the double pivot from now on.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
First competent midfielder I’ve seen at United in a long while. I wasn’t on here for the line-ups but can only imagine lots of questions about him being a false 9 and the second half proved not only that but what fans seem to understand better than our coaching staff (McFred).

Irwin99

Thought he was our best player today and tried to make things tick.

AndyMUFC

Definitely not a false nine but best player on the ball second half when played deeper and it's a shame we don't have a proper defensive midfielder to go alongside him there but even without one I'll take it over McFred.

Status
Not open for further replies.