6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyng

I don't think he's shite at progressive, I think he's not very good at it- he just looks bad compared to Eriksen. Still I think he's been quite creative this season, he made those passess like assist to Bruno goal regularly (not often, but still this isn't something out of the blue). Out of curiosity, do you think Casemiro is better at this progressive passing?
Yes Casemiro is better at it.

jesperjaap

I fully agree. The problem is last 20-30' is when there's most ground to cover as players are getting tired. I don't particularly think Eriksen is the man to do that. When we're in control then it's fine, but we don't have a lot of those games so I expected his role to be drastically limited next season.

People always love players easy on the eye, Eriksen when not bothered by pressing looks efortless with his passing. He is also intelligent in his positioning but he's basically a ghost defensively:

I am really surprised this aspect of his game is ignored so easily as this is part of the reason we look so fragile away from home.
Also, I mentioned this many times but I truly think we peaked with Casemiro-Fred midfield. Not because Fred is the better player (mandatory comment), but because he brings more balance to midfield. He is however not easy on the eye.
What I like most about Fred is that Casemiro is more involved in the buildup as he doesn't need to be the last man in midfield always. This aspect is very overlooked. I am sure ETH also sees this what pursue of Mount would indicate.
Never been a fan of Fred, but he did have a purple patch for a few weeks during that period, but agree with everything you are saying otherwise.

Man City 2:1 Man Utd

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I would honestly let him go along with McTominay. Mount replaces one of them, Rabiot as the other

Zoo

Got passed around for fun by City. The biggest weak link. The free kick they won came from a spell of pressure where Eriksen couldn't even get near his opponent.

SAFMUTD

Cant have him starting in big games next season, class player but he's so slow he's a liability in midfield.

slored1

Yeah, he needs to be a squad player from next season onwards. Weak physically and gets bullied easy.

Telsim

Performed as I expected. He is just not suited for a midfield battle. And he cannot be a starter next season. I can see him being an excellent sub when some creativity is needed against a defensive team. But he should not be playing against strong midfields, this has been the case every single time.

Mullet_Man

Awful performance, if people can't see why we need an upgrade to Mount then this game must show them.

kundalini

Painfully slow, so easy to get past, contributed nothing in attack, a complete passenger in the game.

Bobski

Great player against the dregs of the league, I don't say that as an insult, he is actually very important in those games, but against better teams not far off a liability.

Ralph1386

His form since his return from injury has been abysmal. Both goals on him today for not marking Gundogan.

Idxomer

He does absolutely nothing in those games, it was the same at Etihad and Old Trafford.

flappyjay

Managers are so stubborn. Everyone sees this guy is a passenger in these types of games except the boss.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Everyone recognises that he needs upgrading. They just want someone better and used to the position.
Bingo. Can't really see how Mount takes us many steps forward from Eriksen. He'd have been bullied and bypassed by City's midfield just as easily. Eriksen, physically, can't cope with top level opponents. But Mount ain't the answer. We needed some proper muscle out there today. Both Eriksen and Mount are miles away from that.

el3mel

He is just fine for in the squad and to start in certain matches. There is a lot inbetween a starter for a top Premier League team and the MLS or Saudi :houllier:
No he's not, and let's not repeat the mistake we made with Mata. Let's move on.

Lyng

Bingo. Can't really see how Mount takes us many steps forward from Eriksen. He'd have been bullied and bypassed by City's midfield just as easily. Eriksen, physically, can't cope with top level opponents. But Mount ain't the answer. We needed some proper muscle out there today. Both Eriksen and Mount are miles away from that.
We need brains as well. We need a link to Bruno. Press resistant and creative.
It's why us not getting DeJong is so damn depressing

Idxomer

I really can't stand him on the ball, he turns almost slower than Maguire.

NickJ

Squad player at best next season . Doesn’t even seem to offer much in the ball to make up for his lack of contribution off it.

The United

I'm not sure what role he was supposed to be playing there with the way he performed. He is definitely the weakest link in any high-intensity game.

Bobski

Mount is a guy who is smart tactically, a good athlete and can play effectively in different areas of the pitch. Don't think he has anywhere near the passing range of Eriksen but has a deeper set of attributes.

Himannv

I think he's just not able to play at this level anymore. I think he'd be fine at a mid-table team though. He still has nice touches and a good pass or two in him, just not sharp enough, quick enough, and fit enough for a top team.

Mike Smalling

Kinda worried he is done. Maybe he just needs a break, but he has nothing of the sharpness he had before his injury.

CloneMC16

He has been awful since he returned from injury. Should not be starting for us next season.

BorisManUtd

He was really good for us until getting injured for 3 months so can't complain on Eriksen as a free signing. But think he'll become squad player next season and occasionally start in home games against weaker sides where we have most of the ball and dominate games.

Raw

He shouldn't be a starter for us next season. He'll be a great option against the lesser teams when we're expected to have more of the ball. But against teams like City, he's a complete passenger. Can see why we want Mount, at least he'd get stuck in.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Anonymous today but he’s had a good season. I think he’s just knackered at this point which doesn’t help either. If we had literally anyone else they’d probably have played today.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Got called out when I said I didn't rate him and that he is far too weak and slow.

Hopefully this public showing will convince everyone he's an absolute bum.

just cannot be a starter next season. At most a utility player when we have loads of possession and need creativity to break down deep blocks. He might be one of the worst players off the ball I've ever seen in a United shirt. Not his fault, he's being asked to play a role that he simply can't, but he was chasing dreams out there.

L1nk

I think he's a great player when we are actually dominating a lower level team with posession, but against the likes of City he's a ghost because he cannot physically keep up with it anymore. Would release him after his contracts up

Idxomer

Got called out when I said I didn't rate him and that he is far too weak and slow.

Hopefully this public showing will convince everyone he's an absolute bum.
Yeah, I have never rated him as high as other people. He was good at Spurs but has been in decline since 2019 and getting worse every season.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Absolutely not at the races today. I started calling for McTominay to replace him in the first half, that’s how bad I thought he was

Status
Not open for further replies.