Height: 182cm
Position: Midfield - Attacking Midfield
Squad Number: 14
Foot: Right
Player Agent: The Talents Sportsmanagement
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2025
Outfitter: Nike​

OverratedOpinion

I think he is going to have a good season. His legs weren't up for what was asked of him over the course of the year but now with Mount as a starter Eriksen will be much better suited to just offering sprinklings of class as and when needed.

Zico1982

My view of our midfield situation. Eriksen, Casemiro, Mount and Bruno will split up the game-time, and that is a good thing. The lack of rotation killed the legs of the Caseriksen-Duo in the last part of the season, with Bruno running on fumes as well. If possible, McFred is to be sold. It is in their best interest to go. None of them will want the Number 5-6 spot in the midfield, which should be occupied by youngsters getting a couple of minutes here and there. DvB is also still around to cover if nescessary. Mount is in for Sabitzer. I like the austrian, but I think, MM will be an improvement. Is this midfield good enough to challenge for the title? City is still stronger, but the gap is not as big as it was. Their squad-depth is their biggest force.

To Christian Eriksen. He was quite underwhelming after returning (too soon?) after his injury. I watched him play for Denmark as well, and that was´nt any better. I will not judge him past it though. He has come back from much worse than an Andy Caroll Goon Attack. I think he will be back to full strength when the season starts. Eriksen will not have to start every game now, but he is still the best passer and controller of the game in the squad. EtH knows that, and I think that MM is here to cover for both Casemiro and Eriksen.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He was having a decent season till that gorilla fecked him up.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
It's all about if the post-injury dip in form was a permanent, age-related drop-off or a fairly long blip. If we're honest, he wasn't good enough to be starting in midfield for us in the latter part of the season.

Were it me, I'd be using him as a 30-minute sub every match, replacing either Bruno or Mount as needed. Just don't see him as a starter anymore.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not in our first choice eleven this season but will still get a lot of gametime as a sub and rotating in for Bruno & Mount. Which is how he should be used at this point in his career.

Zico1982

If he plays like the Post-Injury Eriksen, he will be out of the starting 11. The Pre-Injury-Eriksen is still very much in competition for a starting spot. The question is, which one will turn up.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He is only 1 year older than Maguire. Thats crazy. He can easily play 2 more seasons.

Borninthe80ts

Hopefully we can keep him fresh by rotating him early in the season. When he is on I still feel he is the best tempo setter we have. Let’s keep the experienced guys fit and we can have a good season.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Think he’ll be even better this year now we can rotate between him and Mount. Having competition means they’ll up their game anyway.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Think he’ll be even better this year now we can rotate between him and Mount. Having competition means they’ll up their game anyway.
It's just nice that when we sub someone or rotate we're not playing a player who's a mediocre passer at best.

DJ_21

It's just nice that when we sub someone or rotate we're not playing a player who's a mediocre passer at best.
Ye that’s a huge benefit. We’re still lacking someone who can cover Casemiro though. Let’s face it he’s bound to get a few red cards in a season.

DJ_21

He is only 1 year older than Maguire. Thats crazy. He can easily play 2 more seasons.
Of course he can. Jordan Henderson’s 33 and has been a massive part of liverpools team the last few seasons.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Ye that’s a huge benefit. We’re still lacking someone who can cover Casemiro though. Let’s face it he’s bound to get a few red cards in a season.
I'm not sure. Last season was a bit of an anomaly in terms of red cards. As far as I can see (on Transfermarkt) he's only ever received two direct red cards and two red cards otherwise in his whole career. And you probably could argue he was treated a bit unfairly last year when you saw what others got away with.
But yes, it would be good to have a more like for like replacement.

DJ_21

I'm not sure. Last season was a bit of an anomaly in terms of red cards. As far as I can see (on Transfermarkt) he's only ever received two direct red cards and two red cards otherwise in his whole career. And you probably could argue he was treated a bit unfairly last year when you saw what others got away with.
But yes, it would be good to have a more like for like replacement.
Ye I think both his red cards last year was very harsh. When you have other players from other teams getting away with a lot more. He’ll also get suspended for so many yellows though which obviously can’t be helped with his position.

luke511

His off the ball work is too poor, Mejbri should be replacing him really.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He should be in the 10. Can still be a big asset to us in that role, but no idea why he's persisted as a CM.

DevTheRed

Shouldn’t be playing in a double pivot against any team. Would rather Bruno play there and Eriksen play 10.

Idxomer

He's gonna keep getting worse, I would sell him before Fred if there are any takers.

Chief123

He’s playing like someone who’s going to be a bit part player this season. Games passing him by.

Blood Mage

What is he even offering at the moment? Even his passing has gone to shit. He was a top player and is a top bloke but he looks ready for retirement.

SAFMUTD

He's been awful for some time now. Seems to be declining fast maybe preseason and lack of fitness but he looks done.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's pre season, gonna give him a chance to get fit because that wasn't it

maximus419

He's been awful for some time now. Seems to be declining fast maybe preseason and lack of fitness but he looks done.
Not been the same since he had that injury. We see it often when players are just done at this level, but for some reason the coaches and manager seem blind to it.

To think we are ready to offload Fred and McTom yet they offer so much more, it's quite baffling the blinkers those making decisions have with regards some players.

kaku06

He’s even slower and weaker than Mata was and that’s saying something. Easiest player to bypass.

El Jefe

There were fans falling over themselves calling him class last season. Best thing working for him is that he was replacing Mcfred and a perma crock in Pogba. He just needed to be fit and offer a decent passing range and he was a massive upgrade.

He is cooked physically and should not even make matchday squads against teams looking to take the game to us.

Trex

Its never a good idea to play him against any side who have any intent to compete in midfield. He simply doesn't get about.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's been pretty poor since the injury and I really hope we target another midfield acquisition.

PSV

Immobility aside he set up Rashford nicely today but the guy couldn't finish a sandwich.