2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Eriksen has looked his age lately. Up against engines in midfield like Palhinha and Iwobi he simply doesn't have the capacity to stick with it. He gets tired and the the other parts of his game fall to pieces. For someone who's meant to have the responsibility of playmaking from deep, his use of the ball today was pretty ugly. I don't want to see him starting at the moment.

Lyng

Awful today. Looked of the pace, but even more worrying his passing was bad.

Marwood

I've liked him as a player but he is inconsistent and that can't be excused by age. He's not that old.

His passing today was so bad. Hard to get your head around.

kundalini

For such a technically gifted passer of the ball, that was rubbish. Being weak in challenges is hardly a surprise but so many times he passed the ball straight to a Fulham player.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I've liked him as a player but he is inconsistent and that can't be excused by age. He's not that old.

His passing today was so bad. Hard to get your head around.
Well, he's one of the few people history that have died during a match and come back to life so there's that. I can imagine dying having some kind of physical effect on you.

Son

Eriksen has looked his age lately. Up against engines in midfield like Palhinha and Iwobi he simply doesn't have the capacity to stick with it. He gets tired and the the other parts of his game fall to pieces. For someone who's meant to have the responsibility of playmaking from deep, his use of the ball today was pretty ugly. I don't want to see him starting at the moment.
We said exactly the same thing last season hence Mount was brought it :lol: Eriksen has been one of our best players this season funnily enough. Legs or no legs.

Son

He loses the ball way more than people are willing to admit.
He’s an attacking midfielder by trade that’s obvious he’s gonna lose the ball a fair amount. You can’t blame him the manager plays him deeper because we don’t have anyone else.

He’s done a great job on the whole deeper too considering his obvious weaknesses in the role. He should be backup for Bruno late in games in a more advanced position to create but seemingly nobody else to fill in the first 11.

Red00012

His passing was woeful and if that’s off he shouldn’t be on the field

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We said exactly the same thing last season hence Mount was brought it :lol: Eriksen has been one of our best players this season funnily enough. Legs or no legs.
And Mount was not the replacement that should have been brought in for Eriksen. Eriksen is probably our best midfielder and its a shame that his physical ability is not what it used to be

Stadjer

Well, he's one of the few people history that have died during a match and come back to life so there's that. I can imagine dying having some kind of physical effect on you.
And he also has been playing non stop first team football since he was 17 years old. That is quite some mileage

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
He’s an attacking midfielder by trade that’s obvious he’s gonna lose the ball a fair amount. You can’t blame him the manager plays him deeper because we don’t have anyone else.

He’s done a great job on the whole deeper too considering his obvious weaknesses in the role. He should be backup for Bruno late in games in a more advanced position to create but seemingly nobody else to fill in the first 11.
But he's not playing in AM and rarely has done since he returned to club football.

tomaldinho1

Usually he’s very good in his use of the ball and lacks the physical side. Today he was garbage all round.

An excellent free transfer for last season which should have then been replaced by a profile much younger but who played the same role. Really seeing the older players drop off this season.

Zico1982

Christian was really bad today, the free kick for the disallowed goal aside, which was brilliant. That happens. He was deployed as a single pivot today, which is a bit like asking Maquire to step in for Rashford at left wing. He could not do that, and noone in their right mind would see him as a lone defensive midfielder. That is on EtH though. Bruno was AM and McT was all over the place and often out of position. The thing that really bothered me about Eriksen today was his passing. He often just hit something over there instead of opening the opposition lines, and passing/control is why he was put on the pitch today. That was bad too. I gave him a 3/10, but I still believe that he will be important for us this season. The derby was not his game, but he was our best player in the two games before that. He will be needed again against Copenhagen.

NZT-One

Ugghhh... Really didn't like anything I saw from him. Came off 30minutes too late, looked off the pace even in 1st half. He just isn't a CM only because he play a pass, its crazy how easy Fulham players got by him... It is a waste of minutes and if he gets used like he is right now, I am pretty positive that his tanks will be empty before christmas.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Really poor performance today, surprised he wasn’t subbed off before he was. In fact, I was surprised he came out for the second half. Passing was woeful.
Doesn’t look like a player who can give 90mins every week at this stage, You have to think he’d be better utilised as an impact sub in the latter knocking of a game.

ti vu

Nothing new. He can be impactful like his cameo against Copenhagen but he can be unreliable when he starts game against teams with weapon to nullify and pick on his weaknesses. Awful peformance. Very worried about midfield situation. Right now we almost have no reliable midfielder as well as midfield unit.

MadMike

Nothing new. He can be impactful like his cameo against Copenhagen but he can be unreliable when he starts game against teams with weapon to nullify and pick on his weaknesses. Awful peformance. Very worried about midfield situation. Right now we almost have no reliable midfielder as well as midfield unit.
We’re still experimenting, sadly. But I think Amrabat is by far the best player we have to play the #6 role. He’s defensive work is solid and he’s a very reliable passer. The man next to him can depend on form. We have Casemiro, Eriksen, McTominay and Mount to pick from.

I personally rate Eriksen lowly, because he has 0 contribution defensively and you can’t get away with that at this level. He gets bypassed without even challenging. He has vision and a sweet right foot but when he starts getting pressed it all goes pear shaped. I would be more inclined to see how Mount does with a prolonged run, as opposed to cameos here and there. We paid a lot of money for him and he’s still young so might as well try him for an extended period. Not like the others are doing better. And he also has the set piece delivery to replace Eriksen.

Son

But he's not playing in AM and rarely has done since he returned to club football.
Exactly he’s not that sort of player so blame the coaches and owners for having to play him there not him.

Son

And Mount was not the replacement that should have been brought in for Eriksen. Eriksen is probably our best midfielder and its a shame that his physical ability is not what it used to be
Agree completely that’s on Ten Hag though. I shrugged my shoulders and thought maybe Mount would be our Iniesta and people saw something I didn’t at Chelsea.

Turns out everyone said the same apart from that Rory who’s a Chelsea fan on YouTube. Listening to him i thought we’d signed the second coming of iniesta :lol:

We replaced a free transfer squad player with a 70m last year of his contract squad player. Makes zero sense.

el3mel

He was better as a bench option. He's not good enough anymore to play a main role but can be a super sub. Let's stop starting him.

RedIan

Completely disagree he is starter every match for me. He makes us tick, when we have a control of A match Erikson is usually there dictating play.
He is poor defensively but always has been, others have to step up to cover that but in terms of dictating a game and moving the ball quickly and accurately there is no one else in the squad who does it better. We missed him when he went off. Mount aint it.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Absolutely diabolical today. Miles off the pace in that first half and never looked like unlocking Luton Town.

jasveron

Putting him in a lone 6 position was a big ask. I don't even blame him for playing badly. It's sooo not his position...
Gutted seeing him injured. His ACL torn??

Zico1982

When is Eriksen back? We could really have used him today. No creativity or precision in our attacking game at all...

flappyjay

Seriously think people are underestimating how badly our form has nosedive since Carroll injured him.
The manager does underestimate his effectiveness pre injury. A lot of people wanted someone with similar qualities to Eriksen in the summer instead we got Mount. We thought we would get a more mobile Eriksen.

the hea

Has there been any news about his return? A double pivot of Eriksen and Mainoo is a midfield setup I'd like to see us try at some point.

Bobski

Has there been any news about his return? A double pivot of Eriksen and Mainoo is a midfield setup I'd like to see us try at some point.
On the ball yes, but physically and defensively would be a massive challenge for them. You need some running power in midfield in the PL.

Bobski

Not like you get that from Amrabat either.
True, the majority of the midfield group is really not fit for the requirements of the PL. Really hope Utd don't convince themselves to keep Eriksen, Amrabat and Cas going into next season, need to clear the decks and get the right type of players around Mainoo.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Problem is Eriksen is a defensive liability to whoever is in midfield with him, which is even worse with him sat in any anchoring position.

For as much as it would be nice to see them paired in neutral and constructive on the ball stuff, defensively, Mainoo would be left completely out at sea, even having to carry Eriksen, let alone his own position as the only line of defence.

Jev

When he plays, United play football.
This.

He was the big difference today for me. What a difference it makes to have a midfielder who wants the ball, shows for it, and does something constructive with it every time. All the clever little things he does make all the difference.