Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Sylar

Performance as expected. Our midfield choices are shocking

edgecutter

Except McT wasn't shocking, he actually did quite well,
Shows how the standards have fallen at this club when we have posters thinking McTominay played well. I watched City yesterday, and it is a joke what we have midfield in comparison to our rivals.

lex talionis

The game passed him by…in both directions. It’s pretty safe to say we need to upgrade on the old man. I actually wouldn’t mind keeping him in the squad next season for mop up duty, but he’s wholly unable to compete with PL clubs now.

Bobski

Shows how the standards have fallen at this club when we have posters thinking McTominay played well. I watched City yesterday, and it is a joke what we have midfield in comparison to our rivals.
You start every McT watch with him already scored at -75 out of 10, a lot on here have the same thoughts, if not quite as extreme. No, he is nowhere near City's level, none of our players are, but he had a decent sub appearance today, as much as people will refuse to see it.

edgecutter

You start every McT watch with him already scored at -75 out of 10, a lot on here have the same thoughts, if not quite as extreme. No, he is nowhere near City's level, none of our players are, but he had a decent sub appearance today, as much as people will refuse to see it.
Decent because Eriksen was awful. Let's not pretend that performance was acceptable for where we need to be.

ElDiabloRojo

Should only be coming on towards the end of games if certain conditions require him.

He can't be starting, hasn't got the stamina anymore.

Ibi Dreams

The game passed him by…in both directions. It’s pretty safe to say we need to upgrade on the old man. I actually wouldn’t mind keeping him in the squad next season for mop up duty, but he’s wholly unable to compete with PL clubs now.
I'd honestly rather not, because he'll end up getting games he's completely unsuited to play because he's experienced.

Nothing against him as a player over his career, but he looks retirement ready most of the time now.

Our midfield needs a massive overhaul, Mainoo being the only one we absolutely must keep.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This guy is done and cannot start next season here. Maybe, just maybe, if we were a team that looked to progress the ball more incrementally, then there could be a part for him to play. But we play too ‘big’. Big passes, big running, and Eriksen simply can’t play like that. If we played 200 more passes a game and let the ball do the work for us then perhaps.

Bobski

Decent because Eriksen was awful. Let's not pretend that performance was acceptable for where we need to be.
10/11 passes completed, Eriksen completed 11/14, Mainoo 22/29
2 tackles won, as many as Eriksen and Mainoo combined
2 clearances, as many as Eriksen and Mainoo combined
2 chances missed

Decent because it was decent.

Last edited:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
9/10 passes completed, Eriksen completed 11/14, Mainoo 22/29
2 tackles won, as many as Eriksen and Mainoo combined
2 clearances, as many as Eriksen and Mainoo combined
2 chances missed

Decent because it was decent.
He was decent but he still needs replacing as does Eriksen.

Irwin99

Had a good season last year but he's been so off the pace this season. So poor today.

Roboc7

He was absolutely dreadful, shouldn’t have lasted as long as he did.

united for life

I don’t think he impacts the game like he used to. At tottenham, he used to set the tempo. Even in his first year with us, he was good. Good vision, good passing. Today, he was all over the place. The game tempo was way ahead of him. Hojbjerg and bentancur really dominated that midfield today

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s such a nothing player. Not the standard required

G-manc

He’s never going to be effective in our current system - we don’t play to feet through midfield, where he might affect a game on the half turn.

He’s bypassed in a counter attacking team as he has no pace or legs either offensively or defensively. The way Bentancur ran off and past him for spurs second goal was embarrassing.

He should be shipped out in the summer.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
See I said this in the summer, he is not a good squad player because he's too slow, to weak to play in high intensity games. He's a non-entity defensively and he does very little offensively as well. I wouldn't demand from him running this game but he is nowhere near the required fitness levels to play on this level. Makes very little sense to keep him for another season imo.

GledTheRed

He’s never going to be effective in our current system - we don’t play to feet through midfield, where he might affect a game on the half turn.

He’s bypassed in a counter attacking team as he has no pace or legs either offensively or defensively. The way Bentancur ran off and past him for spurs second goal was embarrassing.

He should be shipped out in the summer.
Bumper contract incoming.

El Jefe

I've lost count of the number of games that have passed him by here because he's too slow and weak. We knew he wasn't a CM before joining us and he only keeps getting worse as time goes on.

Shouldn't be here next season.

Andersons Dietician

He and Bruno literally watched that 2nd goal happen for spurs. Neither have the physical capacity to get back so they didn’t even try. More so Erikson as he was closer but just terrible and it happens over and over again.

Superunknown

For such an important position, we need someone who is more mobile, has the stamina and energy to last longer during games, and is able to impact games more. Eriksen does have his uses and his moments, but he's not the most ideal playing to be starting this sort of match. I wouldn't have minded bringing him on for the last 20, but that's a different prospect.

Biggest priority this summer, imo. We need to identify the best partner to go next to Mainoo and who can get us flowing in midfield. Mainoo + this new person, + Bruno in front. No point looking at anything else until we get this right first.

The Hilton

Legs have gone, and unfortunately he was completely outmatched by the physicality of the Spurs midfield.

Still useful to have around, but his days as a starter against teams that press are long behind him.

el3mel

He’s such a nothing player. Not the standard required
This is harsh. He's just past it. He has been far better coming out from the bench every time we tried it, while not doing well whenever he started, yet we seem to never learn. As a squad option he can still be of some benefit, as shown. Just not as a main starting player.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Please stop playing him. He's as careless on the ball as Casemiro and Bruno without their physicality to go with it. Terrible signing.

dutchred

A midfieldof Mainoo, Eriksen and Bruno is too lightweight. Too much is expectd of Kobbie. We were overrun v Spurs. We need Casermiro ( or someone like him but younger) and Mount in place of Bruno.
Bruno is a liabilty against the top teams. He cannot handle the pressing and make too many mistakes. Not sure if Mount is better but at least we shoud give him a go

RonaldoVII

Mainoo and Mount will replace him but injuries mean he's in. It's bad when McTominay should start over him. His time is up in the summer

Bobski

Yikes. Those Mainoo passing stats are very poor for a player in his position.
Checked again today and Mainoo has been upgraded to 25/34 and Eriksen 13/16. That is on Whoscored, they must have some process to recheck their stats post game.

I am tremendously optimistic about Mainoo moving forward, could be a key player for a decade plus, but right now he is more of flashes of quality than a constant force. At least in the PL, against Wigan he dominated, was much more comfortable physically. None of that should be a surprise, the kid is 18, but I hope we don't rush him and put too much on him. This nonsensical midfield set up could do that.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

He and Bruno literally watched that 2nd goal happen for spurs. Neither have the physical capacity to get back so they didn’t even try. More so Erikson as he was closer but just terrible and it happens over and over again.
The screenshots most people have seen after the match do him some injustice. If you watch the play from the moment Spurs get the ball over the halfway line, Bentancur is Bruno's responsibility. It's true that we look stretched, but the back-four are in good shape and can delay the ball carrier's decision, and no man-to-man marking in the midfield is a lost cause. In fact, when the ball gets into our half of the pitch, Eriksen has more ground to cover than Bruno and still manages to catch up. Bruno gets in front of Bentancur and then, for reasons only known to him, he decides that Bentancur isn't his responsibility any longer. He stops in his tracks, Eriksen gets confused, the rest is history. But, yeah, i agree that it is not the first time. You can argue that our man-marking oriented defending isn't the way forward because our players like several key attributes to do it properly but, since, we're doing it, it'd also be nice if we didn't have so many players trying to "cheat" it.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Why weird? He still is a quality player and with Mainoo seeming to have taken a starting spot, Casemiro back and Mount probably getting game time soon as one of our signature signings he might look for a place to contribute more.

CasaStreets

From a financial perspective, I suppose it's a bad combination that he's fit, isn't starting, is in a position that we have some depth (McT seems to be coming off the bench more, Amrabat is back, Mount back soon [?]), and is on 150k p/w. That combination of factors is probably a red flag for the back office.

Would be a shame to lose him, IMO. One of our few highly technical players with a great touch, composure on the ball, and an eye for a killer pass. Obviously can't do it for 90 minutes every week anymore but still usually very strong for the first 60 minutes or so. If Kobbie or Fernandes picked up an injury, I'd say he's our strongest option to fill in.

He, Fernandes, and Casemiro had a stunning record last season when starting together. Not sure what it is now but in late April they had 17 starts, 15 wins, 2 draws.

Schmeichels pinky

Thomas Frank said recently that Eriksen will always be welcome at Brentford. Of course, it might be the ritual politeness, but it could make sense for all parties. He is still one of the best passers out there and would join his old Danish mates, while we just might get some money for him. Not sure if other PL clubs would want to buy him.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I thought he’d have got on today as we showed no composure in midfield at all, and couldn’t keep the ball. Is he done for with us now?

Mike Smalling

I thought he’d have got on today as we showed no composure in midfield at all, and couldn’t keep the ball. Is he done for with us now?
Yeah, he’s gone at the end of the season for sure, and I don’t think he’s gonna play a lot until then. Might have even started his last game for us. ETH has shown that both Amrabat and McTominay are priorities to be subbed on before, and Mount may still come back.