g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Christian Eriksen image 14

Christian Eriksen Denmark flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Lyng

Yeah Eriksen plays deeper but IMO there is no set system. One of the player drops deeper while other is more attacking, in general both of the mids are attacking. Eriksen offers better passing range from deep, Mount offers good pressing in the attack which helps us to regain possession in opponent third, shame we made 0 use of that in last 3 games.
Yes if we score in that Spurs game its a very different story, which is really not on Mount.
Its still a job for Bruno and Case to adapt to two very different styles of team mate. They are used to Eriksen, and they will have to learn to play with Mount.

I can see why Erik wanted Mount, which I have said in other threads and it is, like you said, because he offers something different.
In games where we need to unlock a low block, I think Eriksen will be the better option, but in every other match we need to get the high pressing to result in goals and in that case Mount will be the best option.
My guess (and hope) is that Højlund will help with that.

Highfather_24

Eriksen almost made 3x the passes Mount averaged in his 2 games. That's the biggest problem.

A lot of us pointed out that this team is CRYING for a high volume/accuracy passer in midfield, and Mount is not that, but we were told FBs inverting would solve that and they would be the ones controlling the play.

Yeah, that's not happening with our FBs. We need someone like Amrabat.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Even on a free he's been terrible. Overrated at Spurs and we sign him on his last legs.

Hopefully his last season here.

Telsim

Good player, but has no business playing full games for us. The fact that he does is a failure of recruitment. Which is, of course, a fact. Excellent squad player, though.

saivet

Credit where it's due, he was good today. Helped that Arsenal didn't press like crazy but he did his job well in there.

flappyjay

Good player, but has no business playing full games for us. The fact that he does is a failure of recruitment. Which is, of course, a fact.
A striker and an upgrade on him should been the 1st two players through the door.

In Rainbows

I thought he had a decent game for what he is. The problem is that he can't carry the ball, which could help us in controlling the games. Sometimes he is forced to pass it off back because he can't turn with the ball.

Jeffthered

I keep saying, he is our best football player. He is very important to a team like ours. No one else offers what he does.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He actually resembles somewhat of a no.8 in there. I don’t care how many games you try and give them, Bruno Fernandes and Mason Mount just won’t look like central midfielders.

CM

He was good today but his positional awareness was very poor on the Odegaard goal. He didn't look over his shoulder once.

Irwin99

Thought he was our best player today. Useful squad player to have.

Ace of Spades

He was okay. His passing is still good, but simply can't last the whole game. Looked gassed as the game went on.

Orion.

Should be exclusively used as a #10 at this point of his life. Still the best pure footballer in this United squad.

Idxomer

He was very good and didn't treat the ball like a hot potato.

Abraxas

He's very poor defensively but not surprising from a career attacking midfield player that is very lightweight and doesn't get about the pitch very well.

Personally I think Amrabat is a smarter idea to start. I would use Eriksen to unlock games if needed. Plus playing the easier matches.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Would like to see him a bit further up the pitch instead of Bruno, with 2 of Casemiro/Amrabat/Mount doing the running and hard work

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Pure class today

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Think more mobile Amrabat will suit him. Casemiro Eriksen Bruno and Amrabat would be my choice in tough games where Bruno plays on the right if Rasmus and Rashford are playing.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Such a classy player. Wish we signed him when he was younger though. Him and Case are class but they're too easy to get around if you are younger / have pace.

The Hilton

His talent is still there, great ball to release Rashford for our goal, but he let Odegaard go for their immediate response and his legs have gone, so for the last half hour he was a passenger.

Dve

Looked like Eriksen from last fall. Høilund + Eriksen may become true.

Guapa

Another good performance from him today.Has started the season well.