Christian Eriksen has left Old Trafford on crutches

El Zoido

I don’t blame ETH, that’s madness. He picked a team to win, no risks. Could you imagine the meltdown if he rested most of the first XI and we lost. He’s respecting every opponent.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon

"I don't complain (about the fixture schedule) - we have to handle it, squads is big enough to handle the competitions.

I think players like to play and you can build and construct a good team when you play often and in my perspective when you play often the same you're getting the routines in."

@Shane88 @Devil_forever @bond19821982
He’s fecking naive, you don’t need to play the same team in a cup comp against reading ffs. This isn’t the Dutch league, our players will burn out at this rate in the business end of the season.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Maybe the guy who created "why do we play eriksen in a midfield two" thread will get their answers now:)

Sir Erik ten Hag

The ex-scouser c*nts all have that in them. Reason why I dislike them even from my time in Holland. :mad:

Gums

I keep hearing that this wasn't an injury because of overplaying but part of the reason why teams rest players is not just because of the fear of overplaying but also to avoid unnecessary injuries like this.
An idiot behaving at least recklessly, if not maliciously, caused this injury. If it wasn’t Eriksen, it could’ve been anybody else. You’re disappointed just as I am, but I don’t think any manager should take any blame for putting out the team he thinks is best suited to get the job done. Not playing fit, healthy players out of fear of hoodlums can’t be a solution, can it?

The United

An idiot behaving at least recklessly, if not maliciously, caused this injury. If it wasn’t Eriksen, it could’ve been anybody else. You’re disappointed just as I am, but I don’t think any manager should take any blame for putting out the team he thinks is best suited to get the job done. Not playing fit, healthy players out of fear of hoodlums can’t be a solution, can it?
The fecker tried the same on Cas too where he got the red card.

Fridge chutney

The cretinous scumbag was deliberately trying to injure our players. Hopefully he goes to jail and gets dealt with, the woman-beating coward.

Gums

The fecker tried the same on Cas too where he got the red card.
Exactly. The solution must be to remove players like him from the game in general, not to weaken our lineup due to fear of injury.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Plenty of times these boots are precautionary things.
So let's see how a scan comes out before getting too silly.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Seemed like a high ankle sprain. Would guess a month out and that he won't play til March. Maybe if we're lucky he can make it for the cup final, but who would throw him in to that big of a game on the back of no game time? Realistically, it's Fred and Casemiro as the midfield pairing for pretty much every minute the next month now.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We shouldn't have gone with a near full team against frigging Reading

croadyman

Well then. We actually have to sign a midfielder before the deadline
Can't do Tielemans loan as already done two domestic ones,can we maybe get Aouar on that sort of deal as it's a foreign one

RC89

People can not wait to jump on ETH for this. I just don't get it. He's doing a phenomenal job. He picked Eriksen, he got injured - it happens. Fred, who has done well for us in that role, will take his place until he's back. People spouting 'season over' nonsense. Ridiculous.
Agree, it seems some are looking to jump on ETH. Maybe they were in the Poch camp and want to feel vindicated? I'm not sure but it certainly is strange.

Also, I do think Eriksens have dropped a little and Fred has been pretty reliable when he has played recently so hopefully we'll be okay.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
See if we can Tielemans for cheap, or persuade Bayern to loan Gravenberch for the remainder of the season.

suheilsworld

Maybe the injury is not as bad as it seems and it’s just ETH playing mid games with our board to get a player in before window closes :p

Nickelodeon

Mckennie is potentially going to Leeds for a Weghorst type loan fee. Worth hijacking if Eriksen is going to be out for a while.

M Bison

Supports
York City
He’s fecking naive, you don’t need to play the same team in a cup comp against reading ffs. This isn’t the Dutch league, our players will burn out at this rate in the business end of the season.
This is hilarious, “Naive” :lol:

Yes you’re right, performed like a brand new coach in his career to date with us :lol:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We were missing 5 of our starters in the game, it was nowhere near a full team.
The key players were there ie Rashford, Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno. If those picked injuries then we can kiss everything good bye. We simply lack the squad to win on all fronts. We therefore have to prioritise

dove

I’m sure ETH knows better who he needs or doesn’t need to play than some random armchair expert on RedCafe. Injuries tend to happen in sport.

Kag

The tackle was awful. The ref knew it, too, because he booked Carroll for that innocuous push on Malacia a few minutes later. Shithouse.

People will see just how important Eriksen is to Ten Hag’s way of playing if this is a long absence. He needs reinforcements.

Judas

Open to offers
If he's out for a serious length of time, there's no way to dress it up as anything but a massive disaster. Our midfield was thin, and he is one of the key men in this team.

sepulturite

Naive?! Jesus give it a rest you nutter :houllier:

youngrell

Will be a big loss, hopefully not for too long. Was glad to read it was his ankle, I thought it was his knee he had hurt due to the challenge.

mikeyt

Injuries like this happen, it's part of the game, a shocker of a challenge mind you.

That being said it was unnecessary to play such a strong team.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
It sucks but there might be more minutes now for Iqbal/Mainoo. I remember when we were all out of strikers and LvG was forced to try out some kid from the academy, turned out to be a pretty good player.