Christian Eriksen has left Old Trafford on crutches

newgiz

So Carroll accomplished what he wanted to. He almost got Casemiro too.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
fecking genius taking a risk on him in a game against reading. I'm sure people are going to come tell me that ETH knows more about football than me and why he's right not to rotate but feck me, he's 31, has played non stop, if it wasn't against reading, who would he be rested against? Of course given our luck, he would get that injury in the one game he was crying out to be rested in.
Tomorrow against Forest. We're 3-0 up.

Chief123

Tielemans for around £10m is a no brainer. But glazers obviously won’t stump up the cash.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
fecking genius taking a risk on him in a game against reading. I'm sure people are going to come tell me that ETH knows more about football than me and why he's right not to rotate but feck me, he's 31, has played non stop, if it wasn't against reading, who would he be rested against? Of course given our luck, he would get that injury in the one game he was crying out to be rested in.
WOW.

If it weren't for a Carroll clattering he'd have survived the night injury free.

Rockets Redglare

You’re constantly banging on about this. His age, amount of games and lack of rotation has absolutely nothing to do with this.
He was snapped by a big gormless twat, which could’ve happened in any match.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Two players we have lost to injury and the refs didn't give a red card either time.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Too much optimism here regarding a late deadline day signing. When they couldn't plan for a potential injury even after Donny why do you think they can get a player in a day?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
It's time for Kobbie Mainoo. Or Zidane Iqbal. In a properly coached team, easing in younger players is easier. We're definitely not getting anyone in this window.

Heinzesight

Is there no retrospective punishments now due to VAR? Carroll deliberately went out to injure our players. Absolute cnut.

Judas

Open to offers
It's time for Kobbie Mainoo. Or Zidane Iqbal. In a properly coached team, easing in younger players is easier. We're definitely not getting anyone in this window.
Wouldn’t really be easing them in though would it. Do expect we’ll be seeing much more of them now though, no choice really.

Smores

WOW.

If it weren't for a Carroll clattering he'd have survived the night injury free.
You're missing the point, that's the exact reason you don't risk such players as those type of outcomes are foreseeable. Basic risk management is to not play key players with no backup in such games.

If we're not able to bring anyone in its even more reasons to wrap them in cotton wool.

Give it a rest

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Not great. Comfortable with Fred playing most of the time, but against defensive teams playing a deep block, we will miss him more.

Bertie Wooster

Bugger.

Too many important games, not enough fit and available quality CM options as it stands.

Can't see us bringing in a replacement either. Unless we do, the lack of quality replacements in CM is certainly going to catch up with us and hinder top 4 / trophy hopes.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Out for the season then basically. Big blow.

Andy fecking Carroll. cnut.

RonaldoVII

He's 30 for a start. Would've rested against Forest on Wednesday. You're acting like it was a muscle strain from being overplayed.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
You're missing the point, that's the exact reason you don't risk such players as those type of outcomes are foreseeable. Basic risk management is to not play key players with no backup in such games.

If we're not able to bring anyone in its even more reasons to wrap them in cotton wool.
What’s the point having key players if you don’t use them to achieve your goals?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Again there's no indication that it was due to fatigue. So it's something beyond anyone's control but Andy Carrot the big dumb idiot talentless yeehaw donkey.
If he was rested against Reading, there's no guarantee he won't get injured in any other game due to another player tackling him. Basically we need depth. Relying on Eriksen for a full season was never realistic. Next season we need to start the season expecting him to get injured at some point aka MORE DEPTH.

Smores

What’s the point having key players if you don’t use them to achieve your goals?
Thats just stupid logic though isn't it. You don't need your starting 11 in every game to achieve your goals. In fact to optimise performances you probably need to do the opposite to maintain their condition.

Fergie used to rotate in such games all the time but I guess he didn't know how to achieve goals.

peridigm

Anyone worried about fixture congestion towards the end of the season need not worry now. We’ll have Thursday available for rest by the end of the month.

CloneMC16

Bloody brilliant. If he's not back until early May, that's practically his season over. He's not going to get match fit before the season is over.

The club aren't buying anybody. Fred is going to need to step up.