Christian Eriksen | Man Utd player

Trequarista10

This is the type of signing that doesn't get all the hype, but he will do wonders for our team on a whole. Excellent distributor of the ball (passing, through balls, free kicks and corners), he will allow us to play quick possesion-based football.

Also with 5 subs next season and ETH's energy draining pressing, he will be a great squad player to have. He will start a lot of games, then rotate, he also covers CM, DLP, AM and can play on the left or right of midfield. Great versaltile signing!!
Agree completely. I think he'll be an excellent signing. I hadn't even considered the 5 subs but I agree it could be significant. Maybe he'll start in midfield against some weaker teams, or as one of the attacking positions against stronger teams to help us win the possession battle, but to have him coming off the bench to help break down sides defending for their lives, or to help dominate possession when we're looking to control a lead could be where he's most valuable.

Posters on here obsess too much about the starting XI and formation on paper. It's a squad game, and tweaks to formation and personnel for specific games/match ups, and even within games is vital.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Genuinely excited to see him for us. I Iove watching him play.
I agree. so far, of the players we've actually signed, he's the one who excites me. in the same way Bruno did when we first got him

Bobski

I don't think anyone really knows what to expect from Eriksen, he was starting to struggle a little at Spurs towards the end, made little impact at Inter and looked to be drifting away from the top level at the point he had his issue at the Euros. He was good for Brentford but it was a very small sample size so I wouldn't be expecting major things from him this season, have him down as quality experienced squad player so anything above that will be a bonus. Hoped for but not expected.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I don't think anyone really knows what to expect from Eriksen, he was starting to struggle a little at Spurs towards the end, made little impact at Inter and looked to be drifting away from the top level at the point he had his issue at the Euros. He was good for Brentford but it was a very small sample size so I wouldn't be expecting major things from him this season, have him down as quality experienced squad player so anything above that will be a bonus. Hoped for but not expected.
I suspect that his heart condition had something to do with his apparent decline pre-heart attack. I think that possibility coupled with how good he looked last year make me very hopeful that he's going to be a superb signing for us.

Dannn411

I think he'll succeeed simply because he has qualities that no other united midfielder has. Great vision, ridiculous set piece and crossing ability, excellent patience on the ball and understanding of tempo. If his heart can take it, I think he has to be a regular starter no matter who else comes in for the rest of the window. Too good to be on the bench.

Xaviboy

Will he get chance now to train with squad and get minutes this week for game next weekend?

MattyB1986

People think he's come to be Bruno's replacement. But can see him taking Bruno's place if Bruno doesn't tighten up a bit.

Trequarista10

People think he's come to be Bruno's replacement. But can see him taking Bruno's place if Bruno doesn't tighten up a bit.
Given our lack of forwards, I think we'll see Bruno as a false 9 on occasion (perhaps in some big games), with Eriksen at 10 to help us keep the ball in midfield. ETH has used a false 9 before. We'll also see both Bruno and Eriksen together in midfield, against weaker opposition or when chasing the game.

Hal9000

Given our lack of forwards, I think we'll see Bruno as a false 9 on occasion (perhaps in some big games), with Eriksen at 10 to help us keep the ball in midfield. ETH has used a false 9 before. We'll also see both Bruno and Eriksen together in midfield, against weaker opposition or when chasing the game.
Given where Bruno played vs Villa and where DVB played, you can see ETH was trying a system that could accomedate both.

Sid234

This is weird. I know he’s signed but has he actually been pictured and unveiled in a United shirt yet?
Assume that they're waiting on Ten Hag to return with the team for some of the signing and marketing pics - same as Martinez

Lights Out

This is weird. I know he’s signed but has he actually been pictured and unveiled in a United shirt yet?
Not from what I’ve seen and it was a really low-key announcement when he did sign.

This whole window has been weird.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The focus has been on the squad that are out on tour. Now they're returning home, we'll likely see the pics for him and Martinez in the next few days along with them training with the squad.

tjb

Given where Bruno played vs Villa and where DVB played, you can see ETH was trying a system that could accomedate both.
This is obviously what is going to happen. 4141 much like he did at Ajax. Gravenberch played very high. The good thing with this is that we have options outside of those two as well. A good holding midfielder will help us immensely. I can also see Martinez covering that position too, so even at this point, I believe we will be able to start the season with a totally different midfield. Once we sign De Jong/alternate holding midfielder, Martinez will be able to slot back into the LCB role.

Chairman Steve

I have this vision in my head of Eriksen and Martinez standing out on a Carrington training pitch this past week, having a kick about with jumpers for goalposts, wondering where everyone is, with Martinez being smuggled into the ground in a ball bag as he’s not officially cleared yet.

And because he’s that small that he’d fit in one anyway :p

The Siege

I think they're just waiting till the manager and him get a chance to meet in person. They're in two different continents rn.

Droid_Repairs

Fabulous player, going to be interesting to see him at United under ETH's system.

I'm not a medical expert, and I do not assume to know better than the doctors who have cleared him to play, but I'm going to be nervous for him every time he turns out.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Is he a pressing machine? Otherwise the whole system would crumble if one player can't press (so i was told).

Møllemanden

Is he a pressing machine? Otherwise the whole system would crumble if one player can't press (so i was told).
He's worked with ten Hag for a good period of time, so i'm sure he knows what Christian has to offer. Even if he is not a pressing machine, he is going to improve our midfield very much. Distribution and creativity is second to none.

Chief123

I can see us having many games at old trafford against lesser teams with both Bruno and Eriksen as the number 8s pulling the strings to break down defences. When teams come to park the bus, we’ve had big problems in recent years in breaking them down.

With Bruno, Eriksen and Sancho, I imagine lots of creativity creating plenty of chances.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Good - I hate that old newspaper cliche. It's a bad as a new manager standing on the pitch holding/wearing a club scarf!