Christian Eriksen | Man Utd player

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I suspect that his heart condition had something to do with his apparent decline pre-heart attack. I think that possibility coupled with how good he looked last year make me very hopeful that he's going to be a superb signing for us.
I recall him having a fantastic tournament up until the tragedy... Am I mistaken?

Dve

I recall him having a fantastic tournament up until the tragedy... Am I mistaken?
Not at all. He was good in a good Danish team. I hope he can provide some much needed competition for Fernandes.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Eriksen in the role VDB is playing today would add a lot to the team.

I know there were concerns about playing him in a nominally deeper role but in reality we've seen McTom/VDB taking up quite advanced positions.
I seriously doubt we can pull that off in EPL against any rival TBH. It's one man midfield, and the one is Fred, who will be simply bullied.
To be honest I don't even know how De Jong would fit into that team.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I'm talking about the fact he was basically a squad player at Inter and didn't look quite as good towards the end of his time at Tottenham when he was, I think, only 26.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Well, we are getting him on a free transfer, so if it works out, great. If not, we'll eject him. No big loss.
Personally, I think he'll be a decent squad player who can come off the bench should the game be in deadlock.
As a bench player and to cover injuries, I am happy to have him join us.

Strats

Very excited by this, I have some hope he takes the same trajectory as Scholes did falling back as a deep lying play maker.He certainly has the tools for it

Think he will proper himself to be a nail on starter in games where we expect to be be on the front foot. Will also be a great option to have in games against the likes of City, Liverpool and Chelsea

Mr PG

I'm talking about the fact he was basically a squad player at Inter and didn't look quite as good towards the end of his time at Tottenham when he was, I think, only 26.
Did anybody watch the masterclass he dropped on us while playing for Brentford. This guy is mint.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Did anybody watch the masterclass he dropped on us while playing for Brentford. This guy is mint.
Oh FFS, yes that's what I'm saying. I'm hopeful that those years were effectively a drop that may have been related to his undiagnosed heart condition.

We need an rvn

I might be wrong, i remember reading that he struggled to settle in initially. Towards the latter 6 months he was very instrumental in them winning the title - but yes, still a squad player, just like he’ll be with us and is still a huge improvement on mata

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Oh FFS, yes that's what I'm saying. I'm hopeful that those years were effectively a drop that may have been related to his undiagnosed heart condition.
Not necessarily directly related, but he along with others spoke about being jaded towards the end of Poch's time at Spurs and he was keen to move on, he struggled at Inter initially, but his heart incident made him completely re-evaluate his life and his game and the results of that were seen at Brentford, he was like a player reborn. I agree with you, he'll be an excellent signing.

Trex

I hope he's a starter especially as De jong isn't here, we can't have the same midfield as last year and expect to dominate games irrespective of tactics.
I'll like to see if he could play the role Donny was supposedly playing vs Villa.

Savlehest

Who do you guys think is the better passer between Fernandes and Eriksen? I personally thinks Eriksen is more calm and have a better eye for his teammates (and without doubt better corners and freekicks) - where Fernandes have some exeptionally passes every game, but then looses so many easy ones. I will not be sure Fernandes will be a sure starter in ETHs playstyle. If we looses a idiotic pass in a high-line defense. We will end up being screwed.

Adamsk7

At first I was like that’s very strange they’re driving in together but then I realised that they know each other from when Eriksen trained with Ajax after his heart issues. Also I guess they are probably staying at the same hotel.

Trex

Who do you guys think is the better passer between Fernandes and Eriksen? I personally thinks Eriksen is more calm and have a better eye for his teammates (and without doubt better corners and freekicks) - where Fernandes have some exeptionally passes every game, but then looses so many easy ones. I will not be sure Fernandes will be a sure starter in ETHs playstyle. If we looses a idiotic pass in a high-line defense. We will end up being screwed.
Eriksen is more press resistant and a better short passer. They both have good long range passing.

The_Midfielder

Bruno

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Eriksen, he has also very good technique striking the ball from distance. Bruno has very good movement off the ball. Both creates lot of chances but IMO Eriksen is more reliable when it comes to passing.

Lyng

Eriksen.

Eriksen allways averages over 80% pass accurracy over a season (across all competitions) , whereas Bruno only managed that in the 2017 / 2018 season.

Trex

Could we see a Bruno- Eriksen with Fred at the base midfield?
I'll like to see an Eriksen-Sancho-Dalot triangle.

Trex

FBREF has Eriksen at 74.4% pass completion last season - the bottom 8 percentile for midfielders and below Fernandes’ 75%.
Check his Tottenham and inter spell, the eye test suggest Eriksen takes care of the ball better (am a Bruno fan mind).

Lyng

FBREF has Eriksen at 74.4% pass completion last season - the bottom 8 percentile for midfielders and below Fernandes’ 75%.
FC Tables has Eriksen at 80% and Fernandes at 78%. Premier league only.
If you take all competitions together its Eriksen at 81% and Fernandes at 78%

Premier league.com stats confirm FC Tables stats.

Trex

I think we will see Bruno, Eriksen with Fred at times this season.
Against Villa DvB played alongside Bruno with only Fred playing as a pivot that's why I feel it will be City like double 10 and a quarter back.