Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Who would Spurs look at to replace him? That’s probably who we should be going for!

@GlastonSpur in all honesty, I could see Spurs selling him and being better off for it. Not sure he’d come to Utd right enough but can see Pochettino freshening the squad up a fair bit.
Of course Spurs will sell him IF he wants to go and IF the club he wants to go to is outside the Prem and IF a good price is offered. But we'd prefer him to sign a new contract.

If he was sold I'd guess we'd look to maybe sign Lo Celso … but we might want to sign him anyway as an addition to Eriksen, rather than as a replacement.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Very difficult to see Levy selling him to us.

Basso

He should stay another year at Spurs and leave on a free transfer like Ramsey did. Crazy money!

Bestofthebest

Doubt Eriksen has any intention of coming to Utd but is likely to be using the connection to get better terms elsewhere. Also, he would cost a fortune even if he did want to come because, as already stated, Levy does not like selling to Utd.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Of course Spurs will sell him IF he wants to go and IF the club he wants to go to is outside the Prem and IF a good price is offered. But we'd prefer him to sign a new contract.

If he was sold I'd guess we'd look to maybe sign Lo Celso … but we might want to sign him anyway as an addition to Eriksen, rather than as a replacement.
I think Lo Celso suits the deeper attacking midfielder role, so would be a better option for a team trying to fit Son, Kane and alli in. I feel like he loses a lot of his game when he gets pushed back into the midfield 3.

United Pro

What if, hypothetically speaking, the club Eriksen wants to go to is inside the Prem. Would Spurs then refuse to sell and potentially let him leave for a free next season?

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Having a hard time seeing how Eriksen want to join United seeing as his latest comments were that he only wanted to go to a club that would be a step up, and was also happy to stay at Spurs who could offer almost everything.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Having a hard time seeing how Eriksen want to join United seeing as his latest comments were that he only wanted to go to a club that would be a step up, and was also happy to stay at Spurs who could offer almost everything.
I seriously don’t think we’re an option. If he does come to us, it will be more about getting paid well.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
What if, hypothetically speaking, the club Eriksen wants to go to is inside the Prem. Would Spurs then refuse to sell and potentially let him leave for a free next season?
Which clubs are there inside the Prem that (a) might want Eriksen; and (b) that he would want to go to?

I don't mind discussing hypotheticals, but there first has to be some realistic basis for them.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

The only thing (beside the money of course) that could attract the big names to join us atm is the challenge.
If a player like Eriksen was one of the players helping United to become great again he would go down as a legend.

Varun

Staff
Pep led City is the only one that could pull him within the PL. Think he'll either end up at Real or extend at Spurs though.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
@Adnan @Zoo

How is Bates for United these days? I remember him being quite decent?

Edit: sorry my bad. I thought I seen Bates reporting that we could look to Eriksen yesterday on twitter and for some reason thought it was him reporting. As I were.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
@Adnan @Zoo

How is Bates for United these days? I remember him being quite decent?

Edit: sorry my bad. I thought I seen Bates reporting that we could look to Eriksen yesterday on twitter and for some reason thought it was him reporting. As I were.
2nd Edit: scratch that I never saw it at all. It was the Pogba story he wrote yesterday but he never mentions Eriksen.

Still I'd love Eriksen here. :drool:

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
I think Lo Celso suits the deeper attacking midfielder role, so would be a better option for a team trying to fit Son, Kane and alli in. I feel like he loses a lot of his game when he gets pushed back into the midfield 3.
I guess the ideal for Spurs would be to let Lo Celso duke it out with Alli and Eriksen for a starting slot, but in either case playing a central AM role in front of two CMs in 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 formation.

United Pro

Which clubs are there inside the Prem that (a) might want Eriksen; and (b) that he would want to go to?

I don't mind discussing hypotheticals, but there first has to be some realistic basis for them.
Given the thread and the various articles linking the player and club, we can assume United to be one. Now, whether the club or Eriksen wants the move is based purely on speculation stemming from the articles (that may or may not be well sourced). So, it's not really for me to suggest otherwise as I can't reliably determine whether the articles are well sourced, nor do I have communication with the player to suggest otherwise. I also presume you can't reliably determine whether United or Eriksen are interested in a move? Thus, rather than suggesting the reports to be accurate or otherwise, I have put forward a hypothetical scenario where there is a club in England that is interested in Eriksen and vice versa.

Now, to revert back to the original question and to add a little more specificity, if say United and Eriksen were both interested in a move, would Spurs sell this summer or hold out for another year and potentially risk losing him on a free transfer?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Given the thread and the various articles linking the player and club, we can assume United to be one. Now, whether the club or Eriksen wants the move is based purely on speculation stemming from the articles (that may or may not be well sourced). So, it's not really for me to suggest otherwise as I can't reliably determine whether the articles are well sourced, nor do I have communication with the player to suggest otherwise. I also presume you can't reliably determine whether United or Eriksen are interested in a move? Thus, rather than suggesting the reports to be accurate or otherwise, I have put forward a hypothetical scenario where there is a club in England that is interested in Eriksen and vice versa.

Now, to revert back to the original question and to add a little more specificity, if say United and Eriksen were both interested in a move, would Spurs sell this summer or hold out for another year and potentially risk losing him on a free transfer?
Well, I don't think Eriksen would be keen on moving to United, for several reasons.

However, in the hypothetical event that he is keen I don't see Levy agreeing to such a move, so I rather think he'd choose to take the risk.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I guess the ideal for Spurs would be to let Lo Celso duke it out with Alli and Eriksen for a starting slot, but in either case playing a central AM role in front of two CMs in 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 formation.
Yeah, maybe actually. Lo Celso also looks very versatile and can even play as a forward. I don’t think you get both him and Ndombele though. Who would you prefer?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Yeah, maybe actually. Lo Celso also looks very versatile and can even play as a forward. I don’t think you get both him and Ndombele though. Who would you prefer?
Definitely Ndombele … not least because he'd fill a bigger hole in our starting XI, whereas without Lo Celso we still hopefully will still have both Eriksen and Alli.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The smart move for Eriksen is hanging about for a year.
It's asking a lot for someone to buy him for the fee Levy would want now.

Hamza Aouir

why would Eriksen leave a Champions League finalist to play in the Europa League with an unstable team thats has no plan what so ever

Last edited:

Red Devil Rising

why would Eriksen leave a Champions League finalist to play in the Europa League with an unstable team thats has no plan what so ever
Yeah, I mean Di Maria only did it when he was MOTM in said match and when we had no European competition.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Still a bigger club
That's not really the point. AC Milan is still a bigger club, but I wouldn't say Eriksen would leave Spurs to play there. Money could be a factor, and he could also believe in the United project, but I don't think he's desperate to join the United project nor do I think United would offer significantly more money than other clubs.

If Real Madrid want him I think he'll leave, if Real are desperate for Pogba I think he might sign a new improved deal at Spurs close to the money Kane is on.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Yeah, I mean Di Maria only did it when he was MOTM in said match and when we had no European competition.
Not even comparable. Di Maria was being forced out of Real, he had no choice but to choose us because his first choice (PSG) couldn't buy him due to FFP.

Of course Spurs would sell him to Utd - Levy is not going to let him go on a free transfer if he has a decently offer and it’s clear a new contract won’t be signed. Spurs have always sold their better players if it’s a decent fee. Probably be last day of the window mind!

Even if Utd are in crisis - are Spurs actually going to win anything? They aren’t winning the league, and had a lot of good fortune (which you need) to get to the CL final. Players aren’t banging down the door to go to Spurs - it’s 18 months since they signed anyone.

Cantonagotmehere

Not saying, he will come, but coming to United and helping to turn around the team along with all the commercial power you get is still a huge draw. On top of our high salaries.

George The Best

Not saying, he will come, but coming to United and helping to turn around the team along with all the commercial power you get is still a huge draw. On top of our high salaries.
The money yes. But the project of turning around Utd has no appeal to most, unless you already have a connection or sense of history with the club. Most footballers aren’t sentimentalists these days, just employees who want to make the best of their lives - like most of us. I doubt many of the players in the top 6 clubs actually grew up dreaming of playing for the club they are with. Maybe one or two at Pool, Rashford at Utd etc. Doubt that Eriksen feels remotely sorry for us. Only money talks now. But that simple fact should still have us competing at the top because, as Ed says, we can do things other clubs can’t. The fact we haven’t is purely down to him.

DoomSlayer

I think it would be crazy to spend the amount of money needed to buy him and simultaneously give him a pay rise that his agent would surely demand.

Would be lovely if we could get Son from them though, however the harsh truth is that Spurs' development means we can no longer buy their best players, even if some people still don't want to admit it.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
They’d be much better keeping Eriksen than signing Lo Celso. Latter is closer to Lamela in style and is too selfish. You need an Eriksen in a team with Alli, Kane, Son etc.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
They’d be much better keeping Eriksen than signing Lo Celso. Latter is closer to Lamela in style and is too selfish. You need an Eriksen in a team with Alli, Kane, Son etc.
The aim might be to have both.

Status
Not open for further replies.