Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fer

If we change our current midfield of Matic, Herrera and Pogba... For Rodri, Fernandes and Eriksen, I would be happy.

We definitely need new blood in our midfield to compete versus the bigger teams.

Redderp

He is; if he had two or three years left on his contract he would be 100m plus on the market. Now its one year left and Spurs will struggle to get 50m for him this summer. Its not as he is going to be cheaper though. What a buying club will save in transfer fee will go towards his wages and/or sign-on fee instead. Thats why why he easily will command 350k a week this summer. Its simple math really, even if a certain Spurs-supporter here is still living in denial about it.
I’m not a Spurs fan, but i’m Danish and i wanna take that bet! I think he will get between 150K and 250K. Depending on which club gets him. I think both his transfer fee and wage will be a lot lower than people expect.

Johan07

I’m not a Spurs fan, but i’m Danish and i wanna take that bet! I think he will get between 150K and 250K. Depending on which club gets him. I think both his transfer fee and wage will be a lot lower than people expect.
Well, I am not a betting man, but if I was I would call that.
Its one year between Pogba and Eriksen in age. One could really argue who is the better player as of today. They are not far between at least.
Pogba is already on 300k a week plus and is looking for more in his next contract. He would command maybe 125 m if he leaves this summer.
If you are Real Madrid; do you spend 125m on Pogba this summer plus 400k in wages or do you spend 50m (maybe less) on Eriksen and put him on the same wages?
Same goes for Hazard. Thats why Real is probably buying Hazard and Eriksen this summer and not Pogba. Anything else does not make financial sense.
Its really all about supply and demand and Eriksen would have the crappiest agent in footballing Europe if he signs for 150k a week and a bad one if he does for even 250 k week.

Champagne Football

Thats why Real is probably buying Hazard and Eriksen this summer and not Pogba. Anything else does not make financial sense.
I'd imagine Pogba going to Real has long been rubber stamped behind the scenes. He's the most marketable athlete in the world. He will be a real l cash cow for them. He also has more pace and power than Eriksen and maybe that is what Zidane wants in his signings. Eriksen will probably stay at Spurs unless PSG come in and offer sill money

Johan07

I'd imagine Pogba going to Real has long been rubber stamped behind the scenes. He's the most marketable athlete in the world. He will be a real l cash cow for them. He also has more pace and power than Eriksen and maybe that is what Zidane wants in his signings. Eriksen will probably stay at Spurs unless PSG come in and offer sill money
Its a myth that clubs make so much more money from more popular players. A player like Pogba will have an image rights agreement in place which will pay him handsomely/or even let him manage his own IRs to an extent. Shirt sales are an even bigger myth since they are licensed out by clubs and the only ones that make money if they increase is Adidas/Nike or whomever.

Fer

I can see Eriksen going to Madrid or Juventus. I would love to sign him, but Fernandes is more realistic.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He’s off to Madrid I highly suspect. Only a year left on his contract.
If they're not buying Pogba, I could see that being the case. Probably not both as well as Hazard. Levy won't let him go cheaply, regardless of the contract running down.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If they're not buying Pogba, I could see that being the case. Probably not both as well as Hazard. Levy won't let him go cheaply, regardless of the contract running down.
Not cheaply but Levy will not fleece Madrid either, he only tries to do that when dealing with English clubs. £60m or so is my guess, considering his contract situation. They'll spend most of that on Lo Celso.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Not cheaply but Levy will not fleece Madrid either, he only tries to do that when dealing with English clubs. £60m or so is my guess, considering his contract situation. They'll spend most of that on Lo Celso.
That would represent something of a bargain.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He also says in the end of the interview that without better options, Spurs might still end up being the best place for him. So its not like he's handing in a transfer request.

Draco1986

Tbh I'll be happy with Erikson at United, He is very good and certainly technically better than most of our players. I mean aside from Pogba we have zero creativity atm. The shred of creativity we had is most likely gone which is Mata.

Castia

He won't want to play Europa League. :(

Maybe not but it’s not like he’s had a glittering time with Spurs, he’s been there for years and hasn’t won a single trophy.

Probably Madrid bound but is he much better than Isco? I’m not so sure.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Zidane doesn't want him. He wants Pogba. Will be interesting to see what happens. So far Zidane got Mendy and we're getting rid of the guys he doesn't want. What happens with the midfielder will say a lot about how much power we're giving him

Raw

He's not going to want to spend his peak years at a disjointed United in the Europa League unfortunately. Let's get the player they'll be wanting to replace him with, like Maddison.

Sjaakmeoff

I don't think he'll stay in England. No matter what club comes for him.

Spain, Italy or maybe even France i think.

Needham

He's not going to want to spend his peak years at a disjointed United in the Europa League unfortunately. Let's get the player they'll be wanting to replace him with, like Maddison.
You sound like one of those jackdaws we used to pump from behind. What's all this Madison OR Erikson bullshit? In the old days we'd have signed them both and to hell with the tabloids. Keep Pogba too and we'll be properly feared, Carlito Brigante style.

The Nani

Zidane doesn't want him. He wants Pogba. Will be interesting to see what happens. So far Zidane got Mendy and we're getting rid of the guys he doesn't want. What happens with the midfielder will say a lot about how much power we're giving him
Even so do you really think you’d be able to afford Pogba and Hazard in the same window? Genuine question.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Sign him - pay him Pogba wages and you wouldn't get a better replacement for Pogba.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Will be a matter of hours before an article is out saying we are “monitoring” him just for the clicks you get for Man United articles.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
But he's not even played a full season at Spurs' new stadium. Surely that should be enough to tempt him to stay???

Status
Not open for further replies.